IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What was that, 40 odd years ago? The people involved are probably dead now.

Take the piss out of them for being shit, but the current fan base or owners are hardly responsible.

In the same way that SL is responsible for 82, or Wally isn't responsible for their bent defender who threw matches.

They have given us more than enough comedy in the last decade!

But there are fans of a certaian age that remember it. They actively tried to take advantage from our situation. Just like they were the only professional (losely termed ) sports club in the region to not back Ashton vale for the World Cup bid. Never has the term . A leopard doesn’t change its spots been more apt. Whist also crying the victim for everything since 86 and getting evicted from the dog track.

Reep what you sow.

**** um  

• Like 14

59 minutes ago, Rich said:

So SHIT is a crass nickname but, "scum", is "a vile term of abuse". Personally, I think Shit is much worse than scum.

Shit head is just crass and infantile .

'Shitty '  rhymes with ' City ' so  most people , Gas included , live in a ' Shitty ' ? 

The Gas is quite endearing as a term , it describes their history, what does  ' shit head ' have to do with our club ? 

Nothing .

The 82ers is better bants from the 15ers .

It just goes to show their usual lack of elegance.

Sorry lot that they are .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Shit head is just crass and infantile .

'Shitty '  rhymes with ' City ' so  most people , Gas included , live in a ' Shitty ' ? 

The Gas is quite endearing as a term , it describes their history, what does  ' shit head ' have to do with our club ? 

Nothing .

The 82ers is better bants from the 15ers .

It just goes to show their usual lack of elegance.

Sorry lot that they are .

They like “Gas” though. I’ve always preferred “Rent Boys” personally as it sums up their nomadic past nicely. Although perhaps “Tent Boys” is more apt nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Your prerogative of course, I just think 'scum' is a strange term to use to describe football clubs and their fans. Someone would have to do something REALLY low for me to use that term about them.

Chill out Miah, do Rovers fans not use this sort of talk on their forum? It’s nothing to get upset about

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Take the piss out of them for being shit, but the current fan base or owners are hardly responsible.

In the same way that SL is responsible for 82, or Wally isn't responsible for their bent defender who threw matches.

Are you for real?

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Your prerogative of course, I just think 'scum' is a strange term to use to describe football clubs and their fans. Someone would have to do something REALLY low for me to use that term about them.

If Scum is defined as 'foul or offensive matter floating on the surface of a liquid' I'd just like to point out that last season the pitch at 'The House Of Hair' appeared to be flooded on more than one occasion. Just saying....

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

100% genuine. Went to his GP with a sore foot and doc advised him to shed some weight. He said he’d like to go to the gym but he’s afraid people would look at him - can’t think why...

Totally agree think these tattoos are genuine.was chatting to a rovers fan in Whitchurch who had Liverpool tattoos on his legs as well . in all fairness he was quite a good laugh,but he was a big lump so can see why the doc told him to loose some weight 

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Presumably, that is why flares are now banned.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

They like “Gas” though. I’ve always preferred “Rent Boys” personally as it sums up their nomadic past nicely. Although perhaps “Tent Boys” is more apt nowadays.

Exactly.

Stopped calling them that years ago for that reason. Don't call them by a name they like.

(Must get round to changing my username, some day :whistle:)

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

From tonight’s TV prog, GPs behind closed doors. Horfield surgery. Not sure a GP can do much for schizophrenia...

D0D511BD-9AA5-4E88-BB9A-692782B57A04.jpeg

It’s interesting the number of Sags who follow an extra team. See it in twitter profiles “Gas and Spurs” etc

It’s like they know how shite their own team are so they need to cling onto the coat tails of a slightly better team in the hope they may get a bit of glory that way

6 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

It’s interesting the number of Sags who follow an extra team. See it in twitter profiles “Gas and Spurs” etc

It’s like they know how shite their own team are so they need to cling onto the coat tails of a slightly better team in the hope they may get a bit of glory that way

Is his right ankle longer than his left?

3 hours ago, WessexPest said:

From tonight’s TV prog, GPs behind closed doors. Horfield surgery. Not sure a GP can do much for schizophrenia...

D0D511BD-9AA5-4E88-BB9A-692782B57A04.jpeg

Is his right ankle longer than his left?

vintage-French-tin-pot-heart-shaped-hand

Living up to their tin-pot image ....

"A bit concerned, was in the shop today and asked the assistant when the South West Stand would be re-erected... unfortunately the response I was given was that a football club representative would personally phone every season ticket holder of said stand, to explain that we would be relocated to the South Stand for the next couple of years!!"

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/12614/make-stand

4 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

vintage-French-tin-pot-heart-shaped-hand

Living up to their tin-pot image ....

"A bit concerned, was in the shop today and asked the assistant when the South West Stand would be re-erected... unfortunately the response I was given was that a football club representative would personally phone every season ticket holder of said stand, to explain that we would be relocated to the South Stand for the next couple of years!!"

http://gasheads.proboards.com/thread/12614/make-stand

Presumably just rotating the crops.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What sort of thing, Miah? Something like, say a club trying to steal their rival's ground when their rival was in financial jeopardy?

What about abusing women and children when on their travels such as “boob” cricket

oh I know what about vile scummy racist abuse not a one off occasion mind but multiple occasions 

ooooo how about attacking another teams players is that a scummy thing to do? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

What about abusing women and children when on their travels such as “boob” cricket

oh I know what about vile scummy racist abuse not a one off occasion mind but multiple occasions 

ooooo how about attacking another teams players is that a scummy thing to do? 

You should know - December 1996, live on Sky TV, for all the nation to see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You should know - December 1996, live on Sky TV, for all the nation to see. 

22 years ago, if  yours was the same i wouldn't of mentioned it, I could also add headbutting coaches stealing supporters trust money, stealing items from the dressing room, punching police horses

• Like 2