IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Unan said:

Our mate Henbury spouting lies again

E7824008-B41D-45FA-9F53-153C6BE2BB20.png

I don't see too much wrong there TBH Unan. Maybe a tad rose tinted but he believes in the fake Sheikh and is saying just that. I think he's wrong but he's having a pop at their own supporters, rather than us for a change.  

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't see too much wrong there TBh Unan. Maybe a tad rose tinted but he believes in the fake Sheikh and is saying just that. I think he's wrong but he's having a pop at their own supporters, rather than us for a change.  

Did you listen to the forum? It’s near impossible to say he said anything positive let alone nothing negative ?

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

Did you listen to the forum? It’s near impossible to say he said anything positive let alone nothing negative ?

That I do agree with, it sounded bad from their point of view. Surely that makes HG's post a total 'head buried in the sand' post and total delusion rather than lies? I was expecting more trouble from him when I read your post TBH.

No offence meant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

No, no, no........ don't you remember

"If the R*vers played in the street we'd watch from the pavement"

That was a mis-quote. What they actually meant was “when they play on a pitch with no grass, they’ll watch from the sort of pavement thing that runs down the side of the Mem, if the tents are full”

Edited by Bar BS3

11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That I do agree with, it sounded bad from their point of view. Surely that makes HG's post a total 'head buried in the sand' post and total delusion rather than lies? I was expecting more trouble from him when I read your post TBH.

No offence meant.

That post summed up the usual suspects when it comes to blind loyalty. Early in the thread someone says it's boring or rubbish and he's not listening to anymore. What he really means is that he is doing the radio equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and going "la la la, not listening".  I am beginning to think that they would be prime candidates for a series long issue of "The Hustle". Wael as Mickey Bricks and his brother playing the Robert Wagner role, it would be hilarious. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

That post summed up the usual suspects when it comes to blind loyalty. Early in the thread someone says it's boring or rubbish and he's not listening to anymore. What he really means is that he is doing the radio equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and going "la la la, not listening".  I am beginning to think that they would be prime candidates for a series long issue of "The Hustle". Wael as Mickey Bricks and his brother playing the Robert Wagner role, it would be hilarious. 

Spot on PSR! :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

With their version of “sleight of hand” being releasing a press statement about building and moving to a new ground, whilst magically making every asset that they did actually have, disappear..?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

They won't protest, they love to bury their heads in the sand.  Historically they lap up all the lies they are fed by board members and hope for the best.

If this chaos was at AG, people would be strung up.

They have always been the same, says it all when only just over 3000 showed up for their last ever game at Eastville, had the original stadium plans gone through and we relocated to over the road I believe Ashton Gate would of been packed for it's last ever game.

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

With their version of “sleight of hand” being releasing a press statement about building and moving to a new ground, whilst magically making every asset that they did actually have, disappear..?! 

See? This script writes itself, I'm off to Broadcasting House right now. :) 

Purely devil's advocate post here but could it be that Clarke is just lowering fan expectations? It makes him look very good if he were to finish anywhere near the top 10 after all, regardless of what he's actually given to spend. 

Maybe he's being very clever? 

Nah, they're knackered aren't they? :thumbsup:

Clarke’s strength has been to instill the ‘siege mentality’ at Rovers, the hard-done by poor relations of their nasty rich neighbours. Their fans lap it up and he has managed to get some generally average players over-performing as they went back up to League 1.

Having such an embarrassing excuse for a stadium has helped that. Added to that is their constantly awful pitch (previously blamed on the rugby boys). This is where I can see it all going wrong this season because despite everything they seemingly have a decent pitch for the first time in many years.

In recent years the ‘bog’ of a pitch has been a great leveller when playing footballing sides but that is gone and now they will have to outplay teams with football. How ironic that would be if  their owners finally spend some money and take away the biggest advantage that they have over visiting teams. Still at least their fans will be able to watch proper football for a change even if it’s only from the visiting teams.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

The foundations at the sags seems to be falling apart again. There are some big clubs in that league now and i just cant see them anywhere else but in a relegation scrap this season. 

The funny thing is if they have a bad start some of the fewers in a display of insanity will start calling for his head. He could walk or be sacked and they will be at fault for their own downfall. 

Can't wait!

agree, can't believe they are 13/2 to get relegated, personally think they should be one of the favourites to go down will be amazed if they stay up.

Over the weekend, I saw a friend of mine who is involved in coaching in the 15ers academy. He's not greatly itk but he does pick up snippets here and there. I asked him what the plans are to move into their Colony training site at Almondsbury because it seems to be taking a very long time.

He said that he's heard that it's something to do with the suitability of the soil - that its analysis has yielded some problems. He has no idea what the problem is or if it's fixable but presently they're hopeful that when the City's new training ground developments are complete, we'll consolidate everything onto that site leaving free the facilities which we currently use at the former Filton College site in Stoke Gifford and they'll be able to use that for training.

Now this may be complete bullshit, and it probably is, but I thought that I'd pass it on because we're all expert in analysing bullshit, gossip and intrigue. It's the lifeblood of OTIB!

2 hours ago, Rocky said:

They won't protest, they love to bury their heads in the sand.  Historically they lap up all the lies they are fed by board members and hope for the best.

If this chaos was at AG, people would be strung up.

This is absolutely bang on, they just don’t have the passion that City fans have ?

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Over the weekend, I saw a friend of mine who is involved in coaching in the 15ers academy. He's not greatly itk but he does pick up snippets here and there. I asked him what the plans are to move into their Colony training site at Almondsbury because it seems to be taking a very long time.

He said that he's heard that it's something to do with the suitability of the soil - that its analysis has yielded some problems. He has no idea what the problem is or if it's fixable but presently they're hopeful that when the City's new training ground developments are complete, we'll consolidate everything onto that site leaving free the facilities which we currently use at the former Filton College site in Stoke Gifford and they'll be able to use that for training.

Now this may be complete bullshit, and it probably is, but I thought that I'd pass it on because we're all expert in analysing bullshit, gossip and intrigue. It's the lifeblood of OTIB!

we train at Failand te women train and play at stoke gifford

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Happy to watch a football match standing on a pavement but never fill the terraces and seats inside their tiny ground.

And a pretty narrow pavement too.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"Problem with the soil" normally suggests contamination. But usually that's about what's in the soil, not what's running around on top of it. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Being kicked out their training ground in 12 months because it's been bought by a school ?

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I'm not sure the timelines of that plan will work. They are rumoured to have to leave their current training pitch by July 2019 and I really don't believe we will have all the planning and construction of the new failand facilities completed by then......oh well

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Don’t think it’ll be long until R*vers turn on Wael and start protesting for him to go

Especially if there’s no news on the new training ground by Christmas time. 

A few mates of mine who support that lot are very worried, not for the next season but to actually have a club to support. If they go down Wael won’t invest to get them back up again anytime soon whilst draining whatever assets they have left. 

Its a fantastic time to be supporting City. We are financially sound, great youth coming through, fantastic facilities and wealthy backer willing to put money into the club....... one day sag heads you might know what it feels like ?

Perhaps thats what he wants so he can walk away and take his thirty bob with him and leave the real owners to strip away at the assets.

32 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Perhaps thats what he wants so he can walk away and take his thirty bob with him and leave the real owners to strip away at the assets.

It definitely is an easy "get out" if that happens, sell the stadium for planning to pay off the debts and walk away only ever to be seen at Stamford Bridge again...