IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So the takeover of the blue that was happening on Monday is now being announce at 12 tomorrow according to the blue few

our old friend henburygas confirmed it, you remember him don't you fellows

the person who said sainsburys wasn't pulling out

the person who said that their contract was water tight and would win in course

the same person who said lansdown had lost interest in us

the same person who said we were under investigation by hmrc

so do you guys believe him this time are they going to raise and over take us like they've been harking on about for 10 years before they fell out of the league all together.....

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

So the takeover of the blue that was happening on Monday is now being announce at 12 tomorrow according to the blue few

our old friend henburygas confirmed it, you remember him don't you fellows

the person who said sainsburys wasn't pulling out

the person who said that their contract was water tight and would win in course

the same person who said lansdown had lost interest in us

the same person who said we were under investigation by hmrc

so do you guys believe him this time are they going to raise and over take us like they've been harking on about for 10 years before they fell out of the league all together.....

No.

In the immortal words of my intimate friend Donna Summer "this time I know it's for real Bert"

Nicholas always said he would only sell out to someone with the best interests of the club at heart and certainly not to some foreign fly boy who was willing to pay him back his money with no questions asked.

We didn't believe him then and ... 

Please tell me that April 1st has come early this year?

BRISTOL ROVERS: Influential Jordanian family at advanced stage in talks over significant investment

By JamesMcNamara  |  Posted: February 19, 2016

Bristol Rovers could be close to receiving significant Middle-Eastern investment

Bristol Rovers could be close to receiving significant Middle-Eastern investment

Comments (0)

BRISTOL Rovers are at an advanced stage in talks with a Jordanian family interested in making a significant investment in the club, the Bristol Post understands.

Rovers have continually made public a desire to attract new investment and recently confirmed that as many as 12 groups of potential investors had expressed interest, which failed to materialise into anything significant.

Yet, the Post has learned that Rovers have been in ongoing discussions with the Al-Qadi family, who are significant shareholders in the Arab Jordan Investment Bank (AJIB), for several months and an announcement that a deal has been signed is believed to be imminent.

The family, which is considered one of the most influential in Jordan due to their banking and tourism interests, is headed by Abdulkader Al-Qadi, who founded AJIB in 1978.

The Post understands that the investment is a "family commitment" but that one of Al-Qadi's three sons, Wael, would take a lead in managing the investment at board level.

Currently working as an assistant general manager at AJIB, Wael has a keen interest in football and has held positions at both the Jordan Football Association and the Asian Football Development Project, which was founded by FIFA presidential candidate HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein.

He is a keen Chelsea supporter as a result of being schooled in London as a youngster before going on to complete his education in America at firstly, Boston University, and then, Harvard Business School.

Several members of the family are expected to be present at the club's annual Valentine's Ball tomorrow night after taking in Rovers' League Two game against Morecambe at the Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

47 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Jordanian banker buys son a cowboy outfit.

"Look son, I know it's not the outfit that you liked in the toy shop in Chelsea. I bought this one cheap at the market. Yes, you're right, there's nothing in the outfit which even remotely resembles Spurs ..."

Edited by Rudolf Hucker

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Please tell me that April 1st has come early this year?

BRISTOL ROVERS: Influential Jordanian family at advanced stage in talks over significant investment

By JamesMcNamara  |  Posted: February 19, 2016

Comments (0)

BRISTOL Rovers are at an advanced stage in talks with a Jordanian family interested in making a significant investment in the club, the Bristol Post understands.

Rovers have continually made public a desire to attract new investment and recently confirmed that as many as 12 groups of potential investors had expressed interest, which failed to materialise into anything significant.

Yet, the Post has learned that Rovers have been in ongoing discussions with the Al-Qadi family, who are significant shareholders in the Arab Jordan Investment Bank (AJIB), for several months and an announcement that a deal has been signed is believed to be imminent.

The family, which is considered one of the most influential in Jordan due to their banking and tourism interests, is headed by Abdulkader Al-Qadi, who founded AJIB in 1978.

The Post understands that the investment is a "family commitment" but that one of Al-Qadi's three sons, Wael, would take a lead in managing the investment at board level.

Currently working as an assistant general manager at AJIB, Wael has a keen interest in football and has held positions at both the Jordan Football Association and the Asian Football Development Project, which was founded by FIFA presidential candidate HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein.

He is a keen Chelsea supporter as a result of being schooled in London as a youngster before going on to complete his education in America at firstly, Boston University, and then, Harvard Business School.

Several members of the family are expected to be present at the club's annual Valentine's Ball tomorrow night after taking in Rovers' League Two game against Morecambe at the Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

well well well,

If true they are about to become everything they hate about us, always in our shadow always hypocrites,

Who thinks that this will go through and this family are only doing this to get hold of the land for development, putting rovers in the postion of chester, Darlington and wimbledon of years gone by?,

I wait with baited breath

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Interesting, look at rich foreign owners coming in not understanding clubs it normally goes tits up, Blackburn,forest etc. Id be excited if I was a sag but apprehensive too

If I was a sag it'd take a lot more than an EP article to convince me.  Why would a family with such wealth be looking at BRFC rather than a massive club known to be looking to sell like Aston Villa who already have the infrastructure and just need quids chucked at players? There's plenty of other clubs who are in or close to the Prem and isn't going to be an at best medium-term project. 

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

well well well,

If true they are about to become everything they hate about us, always in our shadow always hypocrites,

Who thinks that this will go through and this family are only doing this to get hold of the land for development, putting rovers in the postion of chester, Darlington and wimbledon of years gone by?,

I wait with baited breath

Well,goog luck to them-they may well need it.....the gentleman supposedly to have the hand on the tiller at board level has been schooled in America,with that particular eye to sports business..doesn't always sit so well,so we shall see!

29 minutes ago, 29AR said:

What I think we've got here is another example of a local rag with history of printing bollox that's on Internet forums, printing bollox that's on Internet forums. 

I am not so sure, I haven't read all the thread on their forum but does it go into so much detail about who is involved and which son would be the driving force on the board? That seems quite detailed for a cut and paste job. 

More to the point, have these guys been shown the books and be happy to fund UWE?

3 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Lets face the truth here.. If this goes through then the UWE stadium will be built with the full 21,000 capacity and they could become a serious threat to us in no time. Hopefully this is the wake up call we need to get our own act together.

I seem to remember some 'serious investors' coming into City a few years ago, guaranteeing top flight football, a major trophy and European football within a certain time frame- I won't be holding my breath.

Serious question. In the days of FFP, at L2 level, how much of an impact can this sort of investment have now?

I guess the stadium could get built, which could increase turnover, but would you get 18-21k watching L2 football when there's a 27k, hopefully, Championship team down the road?

I'm assuming they can't bankroll loads of transfers and high wages instantaneously, so can't see how this will have a huge, quick impact, unless they suddenly get lucky in the transfer market and find some cheap gems.

4 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I seem to remember some 'serious investors' coming into City a few years ago, guaranteeing top flight football, a major trophy and European football within a certain time frame- I won't be holding my breath.

I know that. But I've always been comfortable with the fact that you are a rag bag outfit that scrape by day to day and have never been a serious threat to us. Even when we totally collapse (ie 2006, 2013) we could still rely on the fact that you'd be well below us.

I don't like the idea of you suddenly having a lot of money and ambition. We'd have to start looking over our shoulders and that would be unsettling. :no:

4 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Quite. Plus there's the small matter of FFP. I think UWE will get built though, which will obviously help things. I did always say you had a backup plan on that front ;)

29 minutes ago, 29AR said:

If I was a sag it'd take a lot more than an EP article to convince me.  Why would a family with such wealth be looking at BRFC rather than a massive club known to be looking to sell like Aston Villa who already have the infrastructure and just need quids chucked at players? There's plenty of other clubs who are in or close to the Prem and isn't going to be an at best medium-term project. 

because they prob aren't as rich as the gas fans will make out and higgs is just looking to jump ship before they are declared bankrupt

8 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Dont you have a billionaire owner anyway?