IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Gazred said:

The Gas I know are always harping on about being a traditional club with no aspiration to "sell out". 

I suppose that instantly falls to the wayside once the possibility of a large investment comes along.

The reality is, if you want higher level football in a shiny new stadium, your going to need that investment.

Well moving to Bath and trying to move to South Glos kind of puts to bed their "traditional club" crap.

Edited by Iron Man

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

The Gas I know are always harping on about being a traditional club with no aspiration to "sell out". 

Exactly this. They hate 'Sugardaddies' who throw money at clubs, even Lansdown who is a local businessman and supporter. It's not because they're bitter..oh no..its because they are a 'real' club with 'real' supporters whilst we are the plastic 'plaything' of a wealthy man who will **** off with all his money any day now despite investing millions in a stadium redevelopment. 

There is no way that they would allow their club to be taken over by a 'Sugardaddy'....you won't ever find Gasheads getting all excited about the possibility of a foreign investor (who could shaft them if it all goes wrong) trying to buy them success....never! :disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

It's all in here Samo;

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5872/end-game

....oh, hang on a minute, forget that.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 8

If this does happen then they should follow suit of Bradford, comparatively large stadium to the Gas' new project, sell the season tickets for £100per season, it'd pack the place out week in week, week out and bring in new supporters.

In all honesty we may have to do a similar scheme £150ish if/when we get relegated to get the place rocking and get some new support, I'm aware of the financial implications but get them hooked on a cheap product, which will rise accordingly to promotion etc.

Edited by YorkshireSection
  • Like 1

Now they've dropped out of the playoff zone, the rumor is they deal is in jeopardy.

Apparently Higgs was going to take the patio furniture with him, but now they are lower in the league the consortium want him to leave it behind. 

The takeover has already been subject to difficult negotiations, the stumbling block being the 'festive grotto' - neither wanted it and there wasn't enough in the kitty for waste disposal experts to collect it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Now they've dropped out of the playoff zone, the rumor is they deal is in jeopardy.

Apparently Higgs was going to take the patio furniture with him, but now they are lower in the league the consortium want him to leave it behind. 

The takeover has already been subject to difficult negotiations, the stumbling block being the 'festive grotto' - neither wanted it and there wasn't enough in the kitty for waste disposal experts to collect it.

I believe that the Council has it in mind for M shed. It's of a quality with most of the exhibits there :( 

21 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

I believe that the Council has it in mind for M shed. It's of a quality with most of the exhibits there :( 

I heard the council were going to sell the M Shed to raise money so they could bring in more parking restrictions.

All exhibits will be moved to the Mem, where the attraction will be renamed 'SHED'

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Bless em, they've actually had to playa few decent teams and they've fallen apart. Breaks your heart doesn't it...

The Jordanian probably realised Pompey are a better investment opportunity :disapointed2se:

16 hours ago, BabylonSisters said:

It's Islamic State, trying to diversify their interests. Bristol Rovers seemed a perfect opportunity for them.

...but they are just a bunch of low life, racist, violent, scum totally lacking in any morals .....

.....and Islamic State are not much better! (boom boom)

• Like 2

The locusts are gathering over Horfield this morning with news that Nicholas is in A Man.

No funny business though he is merely crossing the i's and dotting the t's of his agreement with HH Prince Ali.

At a press conference tomorrow it will be announced that the Red C has been parted and Rovers will soon be in our promised land at the summit of Bristol's football pyramid.

Hashemite days !

• Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 09:19, BabylonSisters said:

It's Islamic State, trying to diversify their interests. Bristol Rovers seemed a perfect opportunity for them.

Haha ! made me chuckle.

The 15ers "squad" will have to up their game, or they could be burnt alive in cages !

(along with their new "stadium", but that is a given anyway, isn't it ? :whistle:)

• Like 1