IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Its funny how all the gas scum on here are saying they prefere the old terrace  style  stadium, so its begs the question why they were all creaming it when they thought they were getting a new stadium in South Glos.  

By the way the Memorial ground is nothing like a traditional football ground its a third rate rugby ground .

• Like 11

2 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Unfortunately, I see City staying up too (banter lads!)- we could well go up as well.

Whatever, I am pretty sure none of the gas would stoop so low as to paint the gates of Ashton Gate as I'm told some City idiots did (red obviously) recently at the mem...

i remember on facebook a while back, a picture of some gas fan urinating on the gates of a locked ashton gate at night time, im sure some computer literate fellow red could unearth it for all to see !!

I for one - a City fan since 63 - genuinely hope to see the two Bristol teams in the same division next season.  City have been so arrogant with their new ground, Bristol Sports Franchise, Bristol Academy Ladies being re-branded as Bristol City .. Then on the forum we had 'Non League Bristol Rovers' followed by 'Basement Bristol Rovers' .. next season will be??  There is so much pathetic stuff on here .. I would far rather see half of Bristol wearing blue and white quarters than the numbskulls with their Premiershit shirts on.  

3 minutes ago, swampy said:

I for one - a City fan since 63 - genuinely hope to see the two Bristol teams in the same division next season.  City have been so arrogant with their new ground, Bristol Sports Franchise, Bristol Academy Ladies being re-branded as Bristol City .. Then on the forum we had 'Non League Bristol Rovers' followed by 'Basement Bristol Rovers' .. next season will be??  There is so much pathetic stuff on here .. I would far rather see half of Bristol wearing blue and white quarters than the numbskulls with their Premiershit shirts on.  

because they were blinking non league......truth hurts I know

32 minutes ago, kivsy said:

i remember on facebook a while back, a picture of some gas fan urinating on the gates of a locked ashton gate at night time, im sure some computer literate fellow red could unearth it for all to see !!

[IMG]

I do hope these inbreds come back to see our stadium upgrade!

Edited by Iron Man

11 minutes ago, swampy said:

I for one - a City fan since 63 - genuinely hope to see the two Bristol teams in the same division next season.  

The only way that would be achieved is if we are relegated. If you genuinely hope to see that then it's laughable to call yourself a fan.  

55 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

[IMG]

3 things 

WTF is a 'has' head? 

Why has one of them gone to football wearing their mothers handbag?

Most of them are just standing there pretending to piss on the gates - why would you lie about taking a leak? Strange 'Has' heads indeed!

Edited by Rob k
  • Like 1

On 1 January 2016 at 16:17, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have seen this mentioned on numerous occasions, but I have no idea whether or not it is true and, if so, of the details.

Anybody able to explain/expand.

I believe that after City were wound up and before the City(1982) version was launched, a Rovers director (can't remember which one) approached the liquidators with an offer of £100,000 for Ashton Gate.

The offer was rejected and the re-formed club acquired the ground. Obviously whether this is viewed as an attempt to 'steal' the ground, or a logical attempt to acquire the only available football stadium in Bristol by a team that didn't own one, probably depends on who you support.

For what it's worth I wouldn't want to watch Rovers at Ashton Gate, anymore than most City supporters would want Eastville to have been home.

2 minutes ago, weeble said:

I believe that after City were wound up and before the City(1982) version was launched, a Rovers director (can't remember which one) approached the liquidators with an offer of £100,000 for Ashton Gate.

The offer was rejected and the re-formed club acquired the ground. Obviously whether this is viewed as an attempt to 'steal' the ground, or a logical attempt to acquire the only available football stadium in Bristol by a team that didn't own one, probably depends on who you support.

For what it's worth I wouldn't want to watch Rovers at Ashton Gate, anymore than most City supporters would want Eastville to have been home.

It all ended up ok though for you, you managed to steal the rugby ground instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swampy said:

**** off to Taunton or Trowbridge, wherever it was you claimed you would now be watching football.

Utter belter.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:
16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think it's safe to assume, judging by the levels of almost sexual excitement shown by your fellow Sagheads recently, that we are clearly your 'Cup Final'.

Creepy bastards...no offence.

If it were to happen then it would be your cup final as well. . To quite a few of you .. Our cup final would be at Wembley hopefully in the play offs .. then if you go down then yep it would be our " cup final "

Phil, I can't quote your post if you don't quote mine correctly.

To us it's a derby match, it's our biggest derby match I would say especially after the rather drab affair we had in Cardiff a couple of months ago...I'll give you that.

However to us it represents a failure on our part, whilst to you it seems to be the pinnacle of your ambitions.

"this time next year" etc.

On 03/01/2016 at 21:04, Iron Man said:

[IMG]

Are they meant to be pissing? There's no piss on the floor? The more logical explanation is that "has heads" like to come and admire our stadium after watching their team play. Look like groupies that have been locked out. 

On 3 January 2016 at 17:34, st andrews gas said:

Unfortunately, I see City staying up too (banter lads!)- we could well go up as well.

Whatever, I am pretty sure none of the gas would stoop so low as to paint the gates of Ashton Gate as I'm told some City idiots did (red obviously) recently at the mem...

Rovers fans..

Complain about gates being vandelised

Happy to demolish them for Sainsburys 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, In the Net said:

The plan is to relocate them within the Memorial site - there is a difference.

spelling is awful here... vandAlised....

1 hour ago, Red Bill said:

There are nine of them.....................is that it?  Is that the total of their support?  Where are the other 5 or 6?

To quote Blackdadder 'god can be very cruel sometimes' - don't mind a bit of paint- but seems the almighty knows whats right- city going down, us going up- sainsburys or not!

Edited by st andrews gas
  • Like 1