IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Good luck Rovers. This isn't about rivalries, it's about football winning out over large corporates who think they can walk over anyone they wish. 

I would imagine that some of the small independent traders in Gloucester Road would consider a football club to be a large corporate and have a similar view to the blue few, that they have on Sainsbury's.

• Like 2

Given the bitchfest that's broken out on nearly all the other threads about who should or shouldn't be the next manager and who is or isn't ITK, thinking about the sags' court appeal offers a bit of life relief.

Whilst I've throughly enjoyed their travails over the last two years there's part of me that wants them to build their new stadium.  In all the 50 years I've been following the City we've never had a decent away end in which to sing our songs whilst playing the sags.  It would be nice at sometime in the future to travel to S. Glos with 4000 odd of us and really belt out "drink up thee cider" whist watching our brave boys in red giving their sad sorry rag asses a proper football hiding.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

Given the bitchfest that's broken out on nearly all the other threads about who should or shouldn't be the next manager and who is or isn't ITK, thinking about the sags' court appeal offers a bit of life relief.

Whilst I've throughly enjoyed their travails over the last two years there's part of me that wants them to build their new stadium.  In all the 50 years I've been following the City we've never had a decent away end in which to sing our songs whilst playing the sags.  It would be nice at sometime in the future to travel to S. Glos with 4000 odd of us and really belt out "drink up thee cider" whist watching our brave boys in red giving their sad sorry rag asses a proper football hiding.

You're brave. Go up there and there will be least a billion of them in their new car park, each and every one of them locked out. Imagine the smell.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Come on, we all know they're gonna win, get awarded costs, get a new stadium, get compensation, get a Brucie bonus, get a free spin and spend the change on the winning ticket for some Euro rollover.

Can't believe my acca never came in last weekend, I'm ALWAYS spot on.

#Hedging

and then do what they always do, sell it all when they can't afford it anymore.

Looks like agent McCombe is on the case:

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Judge-fundamental-error-refused-hold-Sainsbury-s/story-28606561-detail/story.html#ixzz3yO8HV2fb

A judge made a "fundamental error" when she refused to hold supermarket giants, Sainsbury's, to the £30 million purchase of Bristol Rovers' Memorial Stadium.

The club says Sainsbury's welched on the deal which was to pave the way for Rovers' move to a state-of-the-art new ground on University of the West of England's Frenchay campus.

Rovers narrowly lost the argument in the High Court last year, but is now battling to reverse that result at the Court of Appeal.

Opening the case, barrister, David Mathias QC, said: "Bristol Rovers continues its fight to hold Sainsbury's to the sale of the Memorial Stadium"

He insisted that the supermarket chain was "under a continuing obligation" to go through with the deal when it unlawfully pulled out.

The QC said the club had "very nearly succeeded" in winning its case before High Court judge, Mrs Justice Proudman, last year.

It only lost on a fine point of contractual interpretation and Mr Mathias said it would not take much for the club to be "homeicon1.png and dry".

"We say the judge's conclusion was wrong; we ask this court to reverse it and allow the appeal, obliging Sainsbury's to complete the purchase of the Memorial Stadium", he added.

The hearing before Lords Justice Laws, McCombe and Floyd continues and is expected to last three days.

On 25 January 2016 at 20:56, Malago said:

decent away end in which to sing our songs whilst playing the sags.  It would be nice at sometime in the future to travel to S. Glos with 4000 odd of us and really belt out "drink up thee cider" whist watching our brave boys in red giving their sad sorry rag asses a proper football hiding.

23 hours ago, Philgas said:

And we in The East End too !!

Only when you had half of it given to you, gypsy horse smackers, what a joke.

The parasite squatters are a bit too chirpy for my liking lately. They are currently playing their trade in a god awful league and all of the attendance obsession, 82 shouts, 2nd May, posting betting slips of whoever are playing against us "to win" on Facebook, and jacking off about the goal from Rickie Lambert in the paint pot cup shouts are coming out of the woodwork again.

I think they need to be brought back to reality after 2 years of silence, desperation, and non-league wilderness football?

Can someone come up with a nice YouTube video to bring them back down to earth with the huge bang that they deserve?

My suggestion is the shout from Clem when the Sags were away at Forest Green "Rovers fans singing their anthem....Come On Eileen" and it could start with Come On Eileen playing and have the video of them singing the gas are staying up at Wycombe followed by them storming the pitch when relegated out of the football league, Jeff Stelling announcing that they are gone after 92 years, some news headlines about horse punching, attacking their own stewards, racist abuse, and their fans trying to fight with opposition players because they think they are too big for non-league football? How about a montage of all the goals they conceeded to some right tin-pot outfits?

They need a reality check of what a poxy little outfit they really are. 82 is nothing compared to the joke they became.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

My suggestion is the shout from Clem when the Sags were away at Forest Green "Rovers fans singing their anthem....Come On Eileen" and it could start with Come On Eileen playing and have the video of them singing the gas are staying up at Wycombe followed by them storming the pitch when relegated out of the football league, Jeff Stelling announcing that they are gone after 92 years, some news headlines about horse punching, attacking their own stewards, racist abuse, and their fans trying to fight with opposition players because they think they are too big for non-league football? How about a montage of all the goals they conceeded to some right tin-pot outfits?

Don't forget the references to the Thatcher years, dogs dying, etc :-) 

• Like 2

It's a win either way it goes.

IF they lose then it's goodnight Moreen forever, hmmmmmmmmm shame..........

IF they win, then they survive, clear a debt and build a scaled down version of what they originally planned, the plus side of course to this scenario is that we get to see it burn down "accidentally" and yet again they remain become homeless AGAIN.

9 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

It's a win either way it goes.

IF they lose then it's goodnight Moreen forever, hmmmmmmmmm shame..........

IF they win, then they survive, clear a debt and build a scaled down version of what they originally planned, the plus side of course to this scenario is that we get to see it burn down "accidentally" and yet again they remain become homeless AGAIN.

And it's this sort of post that makes it oh so moronic when you start bleating on about how nasty the big bad police are. Honestly I'm not sure there's a bigger moron on these boards. 

• Like 8