IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Where's that juicy bit of news coming from Sir Colin?

Under the terms of being listed as an Asset of Community Value, Rovers are obliged to tell the council if they intend to sell ... so I was just given the heads up although it will be out in the public domain very shortly.

It is not like Higgs to keep his actions hidden from his loyal subjects!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

oops! Can't keep anything a secret on here ...

http://gaschat.co.uk/post/140589/thread

Aww bless, they read OTIB.

For any slagchat visitors...hi d1ckheads :sub:

Hows the new ground coming along?

"this time next year..." and all that...

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Mem was listed as q community Asset months ago. There IS a link IN this thread.

Apols for the many typos the forum doesn't work properly on my tablet.

The Mem was recently listed ... but now Rovers, under the terms of the ACV have informed the council that they intend to sell ... so anyone has about a month to make them an offer!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

What does that PDF document actually mean?

It reads like it is still up for sale to Sainburys???

It looks like to me (and I am by no means remotely qualified to know what I'm talking about) That Sainsbury's are using the Mem as a security deposit to a maximum value of just under £200,000 should the court of appeal order the horse punchers to pay Sainsbury's legal costs in a failed appeal.

But not being a lawyer that could be completely wrong, I'm just trying to read between the lines!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

What does that PDF document actually mean?

It reads like it is still up for sale to Sainburys???

If we're talking of the same document it is the standard form you send off to the Land Registry to signify that you have an interest in the property (a registered charge - think a mortgage). It secures Sainsburys position because anyone buying the land can see that £200k is charged to Sainsburys. 

5 hours ago, Big Brother said:

What's your take on where things are at with rovers at the moment? I don't understand all the legal ins and outs but it reads like Higgs is gambling everything on winning against Sainsburys. Is that right in your view?

The honest answer is as boring as 'I don't know' I'm afraid. As we don't know Rovers' grounds of appeal or NH's intentions in defeat anyone passing comment on their prospects is guessing - allowing for itk - irrespective of how justified we think our view. 

Sainsburys registering a charge is interesting but there could be a million reasons why and many which are insignificant. Timing is interesting because they could have done that when they got judgment, but it doesn't necessarily mean much. 

My guess though is that if Rovers' appeal was baseless then it wouldn't even have gotten this far. No QC for example wants to go and embarrass themselves at the Court of Appeal nor should leave to appeal have been granted if it was. Whether they do get their day in Court, whether successful, whether it goes to the Supreme Court; I've absolutely no idea.  

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

As we don't know Rovers' grounds of appeal 

I can guess...

"ere m'lud, we told those ******* SHITHEADS that we were getting a new ground, proper took the piss about walking our dogs...then Sainsburys shafted us 'up the gas', and they pissed themselves laffin..

its not fair..."

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I can guess...

"ere m'lud, we told those ******* SHITHEADS that we were getting a new ground, proper took the piss about walking our dogs...then Sainsburys shafted us 'up the gas', and they pissed themselves laffin..

its not fair..."

Have you been reading Mr Higgs`s confidential documents again?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reddie The Eagle Edwards said:

Sums up the legal system, a complete lottery! 

I can see why you'd say so, but I think that's going too far the other way. If it's going to litigation there probably is some genuine uncertainty because otherwise it would have been settled out of court, and if it's going to appeal arguably even more so. I wouldn't say lottery as if by random, more that to get to this point the positions are probably more finely balanced. 

Its a tough job for the courts. In this country we have few statutes or regulations in respect of contracts - a good thing in my view; you are relatively free to agree the deal in your own terms. The difficulty is that the courts then have to interpret the intended meaning behind the clauses in a dispute (as seen in this case) and also consider what each party actually intended to agree to. 

Edited by Guest

43 minutes ago, cynic said:

I was listening to a bloke the other day who took a newspaper to court. His lawyers said he had a very good case and they were confident of winning but advised him not to go to court. The reason was that he had turned down a derisory out of court settlement (there was a name for it which I can't remember) and, if he lost the case, he would automatically be liable for the other sides costs which could be hundreds of thousands. He went to court and won.

I can see why people decide to take derisory out of court settlements rather than risk everything they have on how the court may interpret a moot point in law.

The courts are for the rich, they can afford to lose.

There has been some rebalance. What you describe is a Part 36 offer and it and the consequences can be as you described. 

However we are in a position whereby if the offer was derisory the Courts have the power to refuse to award costs, the aim being to prevent derisory offers as they wont achieve the desired aim. 

Quite interesting that a lawyer had a case, which he thought had good prospects but advised against litigation (notably, and more fees!) because the costs of losing were too high for his client. Flies in the face of what you'd think of the profession from a few on here! 

Edited by Guest

Sag chat is pure comedy gold. Apparently we cant sell out our stadium in the championship. Earlier in the season they were saying they would get 20k in our position, when have they EVER got 20k or even 13? Now they are patting themselves on the back and getting excited about 8000 crammed into the flea market that is the mem. Tinpot or what!!

22 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Sag chat is pure comedy gold. Apparently we cant sell out our stadium in the championship. Earlier in the season they were saying they would get 20k in our position, when have they EVER got 20k or even 13? Now they are patting themselves on the back and getting excited about 8000 crammed into the flea market that is the mem. Tinpot or what!!

Glutton for punishment them lot, just sit back and enjoy the ride chaps :)

Good news for the Gas is that they must have plenty of money after all!

I am surmising this from the recent quote from their Manager in which he said that "Selling any of our players in January would be brainless and I wont sanction any sales."  Clearly they don't need to sell players because they are so flush with money, this puts them in a very rare bracket, along with the top teams in the Premier league and maybe a select few in Spain and Germany. No wonder their fans think they are such a big club!

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Good news for the Gas is that they must have plenty of money after all!

I am surmising this from the recent quote from their Manager in which he said that "Selling any of our players in January would be brainless and I wont sanction any sales."  Clearly they don't need to sell players because they are so flush with money, this puts them in a very rare bracket, along with the top teams in the Premier league and maybe a select few in Spain and Germany. No wonder their fans think they are such a big club!

Of course they have lots of money....in assets. Matty Taylor, who the majority labeled a non league striker who they wanted out of the club 2 months ago, is now worth 10m and is the new Jamie Vardy. Well, until he goes 5 games without scoring and then he'll go back to being s*it again.

11 minutes ago, Weezord said:

Bump

Ha, still in the basement aren't you?

Shame you couldn't manage to attract 10,000 fans at home on a bank holiday when you're challenging for promotion.

Still, why break the habit of the last 40 years with your average home gates of less than 10k?

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, still in the basement aren't you?

Shame you couldn't manage to attract 10,000 fans at home on a bank holiday when you're challenging for promotion.

Still, why break the habit of the last 40 years with your average home gates of less than 10k?

I'm a Pompey fan. We got more on the bank holiday in league 2 than you've had all season in the Championship.

1 minute ago, Weezord said:

I'm a Pompey fan. We got more on the bank holiday in league 2 than you've had all season in the Championship.

Why would a Pompey fan think to themselves at 11:40 on a Tuesday night "must bump that thread on the Bristol City fans forum"?

Either a weirdo or closet Gas too ashamed to admit it. 

8 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Does it hurt seeing Southampton playing in the premiership whilst you're playing the likes of York and Accrington Stanley? Must kill you inside.

He/she isnt a Pompey fan...

Just some over excited Saghead predicting the future again but too ashamed to admit who they really support. Can't blame them really...

If they do get promoted to L1 I wonder if they'll get home crowds of over 10k?...I know they didn't last time...or anytime since the early 70's.

Which is funny considering their bizarre obsession with attendances :blink:

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Why would a Pompey fan think to themselves at 11:40 on a Tuesday night "must bump that thread on the Bristol City fans forum"?

Either a weirdo or closet Gas too ashamed to admit it. 

Although that might explain why s/he doesn't realise we've sold out most of our home games so far this season. As I'm sure all the sags are aware of this.  Aren't they? 

• Like 1