IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Reading between the lines, it seems even the more sensible of them are really starting to get a bit twitchy.

If we were in their position (shudder!!), wouldn't you? :fear:

Actually, scrub that, this smiley is much more apt. :clapping:

Edited by ciderup

It would appear Nick Piggs and Boycie have decided to pull the plug regarding finance and they are in deep trouble if / when they lose the appeal. I'm pretty sure their Wonga loan is secured against the dump as well?  Would I be right in saying Wonga and super Sainsburys' could force them to sell the Mem? 

Ah well, Xmas soon eh? ;)

Can you imagine the phone call?

'Steve, it's Nick'

'Who?'

'Nick Piggs, the R**ers Chairman, you know, that crappy little club up the road'

'What do you want, pikey and it's Mr lansdown to you scummer?'

We were wondering if we could borrow your palatial stadium for our match as Sainsbury's have changed the locks at the Mem?'

'HA HA HA HA', drrrrrrrrrr......

'Steve, Steve, you still there'?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Reading between the lines, it seems even the more sensible of them are really starting to get a bit twitchy.

Maybe.

However, true to form, most of them are too busy masterbating about Cotterills next interview, Steve Lansdown's imminent departure from AG and "this time next year blah blah blah" to care about what's going on behind the scenes at the Mem.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Coombsy said:

bloodash said:

8 hours ago Topper Gas said:
Seems we can't prove to Sainsbury's we can meet their extra £199K Appeal costs so they've gone for security against the Mem, it's hard to believe NH is trying to convince fans there's a Plan B cost millions but an't even meet Sainsbury's Appeal costs, sounds to me we'll be virtually bankrupt should we lose the Appeal? Although Sainsbury's taking out a charge against the Mem must be a new low for them as losing £199K is hardly going to bankrupt them?

Sainsburys have been very cute in their public relations but to potentially send a football club to the wall could be a disaster for them for a small amount of money it would turn football fans in general against them and in the long run cost them a great deal of money they've won the case but still want their pound of flesh not the smartest of moves 
Disagree, they offered us a settlement, we said no.

And as I've said several times, even though this has dragged on for literally years, if you went to a Sainsbury's (outside of Bristol) and asked 100 people for their view, 99 of them wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about.

And even in Bristol, most people would be more interested in the price of a cauliflower than our case.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninjas can't be found". Well played Ninjas, well played.
bulbous

Member is Online

Breaking News - Club To Appeal 5 hours ago 
Post by bulbous on 5 hours ago
people wont give a shyte what football fans think, apart from rovers fans does anyone really care that eastville became a tesco ?

unless this fabled ;consortium; are around then uwe is  kaput

Topper Gas

Member is Online

Breaking News - Club To Appeal 5 hours ago 
Post by Topper Gas on 5 hours ago
I doubt football fans would be too impressed if Sainsbury's sent us into Admin, although having a charge on the property simply safeguards their money should NH's Plan B be to put BRFC1883 into Admin should we lose the Appeal. I guess all the wonga loan has now been spent as, if not, surely we could have have lodge £199K of the loan with courts as security?

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3641/breaking-news-club-appeal#ixzz3utMb2mKE

if they lose and have to pay Sainsbury compo it's there own doing they all ready lost in court but still trying to push in having another court trying to make Sainsbury but some thing they don't want 

Piggs keeps saying they're confident they will win the appeal.  If he's so confident,why doesn't he stump up the 199K?  That should have Sags worried.  

3 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Piggs keeps saying they're confident they will win the appeal.  If he's so confident,why doesn't he stump up the 199K?  That should have Sags worried.  

Why stump up real cash when you can provide a charge for the cost of the legal fees? They are paying sky high interest rates to Wonga already and £200k is a lot of money to a club that's new to the football league.

On 19 December 2015 at 12:42, Bristol Rob said:

Why do Sainsbury's have a 200k charge against the Mem? I assume it's for legal fees if they win the appeal, but with both Wonga and Sainsbury's having a claim on the Stadium,  there is only the Grotto left without a mortgage on it.

I believe the Grotto is earmarked for Dismaland II. 

Henbury Gas
Club Legend

Posting Level
Next Level in 1302 posts
15 hours ago QuotePost by Henbury Gas on 15 hours ago

16 hours ago gasincider said:
The bigger worry is that the original MSP loan seems unable to cover the costs of the appeal, and this must be why we renegotiated the loan , presumably to borrow more.

If this is the case what the hell happened to the original loan? Surely it cannot have been spent already on the original case plus running the club until the end of this season? After all, we haven't got through this season yet. 

It really highlights the fact that the directors are no longer funding the club, and it's now sh*t or bust as far as they are concerned.

Nobody else can take the place of MSP having first charge on the stadium, so it must mean we have borrowed more. Presumably also from them.

We are going to hell in a hand cart. 

Well, we would be if it was not for the consortium. This is a sure fire way of getting a damn good deal when he loses the appeal. As they say in all the good stories, the less they have to pay , the more can be spent on the club. 

What I find totally disgraceful is that NH doesn't even have the decency to call an EGM to tell the shareholders what is happening. I know there is no legal requirement for him to do so, but it just reinforces the disdain in which he holds the fans who are one of the biggest shareholders. 

Cue the " look out it's the anti Higgs agenda again". Some of you who still believe in him really are sleepwalking into oblivion.
I fully expect to club to go into Administration soon after we fail the appeal......

and with the UWE about to look for different investment we may not have a plot of land to build on if we win the appeal !

"Using a living, breathing, feeling man as a glorified vibrator is fine, but making it too clear is unkind and indecent"
severncider
First Team

Posting Level
Next Level in 364 posts
15 hours ago Henbury Gas likes this. QuotePost by severncider on 15 hours ago

15 hours ago Henbury Gas said:

17 hours ago severncider said:
There is no way the £2.6m MSP loan would cover all the Directors outstanding loans as they were in June 2014, yet alone the other items mentioned.
I was refering to the Barclays Loans big boy !

Can YOU confirm the purpose of the MSP Loan then ?
Sorry, I did not read this properly
I have no connection with the makers of Severncider. This was the name of my tenpin bowling team from the 1960's

12 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Maybe.

However, true to form, most of them are too busy masterbating about Cotterills next interview, Steve Lansdown's imminent departure from AG and "this time next year blah blah blah" to care about what's going on behind the scenes at the Mem.

I did say the more sensible ones - a tiny minority I know but I believe they do exist.

BTW don`t see any rebuttal of any of this from our erstwhile Tote End warrior, St Andrews Gas.

6 hours ago Peter Parker and astafjevs like this.
Post by Seth Starkadder on 6 hours ago

6 hours ago lostinspace said:

7 hours ago Seth Starkadder said:
It's not Sainsbury's who are potentially sending a football club to the wall.
Maybe not, but you can assured that IF Sainsury win the day with the effect of forcing BRFC to the wall then the headline will indicate that.................. then you have to [as you always should] read the small print!!
I doubt it.  It will be seen as what it would be: long-term mismanagement, reckless decision-making, and betting the club on a lost cause, all by a board whose prime responsibility is to stop the club going to the wall.  Sainsbury's said they were invoking a clause in a contract two years ago, just as the club would have done if it had suited them.  That didn't push the club to the wall.  Every decision since then is down to the club.  The fortunes of Bristol Rovers is no-one else's responsibility.

The sooner we drop the whining victim approach, blaming someone else (Wycombe Wanderers, a dodgy agent, John Ward, luck and chemistry, the city council, local residents, a retail company, a student housing company, et al) and try to sort ourselves out, the better.
kingswoodpolak

Bruce Bannister

Breaking News - Club To Appeal 3 hours ago 
Post by kingswoodpolak on 3 hours ago

6 hours ago Seth Starkadder said:

6 hours ago lostinspace said:
Maybe not, but you can assured that IF Sainsury win the day with the effect of forcing BRFC to the wall then the headline will indicate that.................. then you have to [as you always should] read the small print!!
I doubt it.  It will be seen as what it would be: long-term mismanagement, reckless decision-making, and betting the club on a lost cause, all by a board whose prime responsibility is to stop the club going to the wall.  Sainsbury's said they were invoking a clause in a contract two years ago, just as the club would have done if it had suited them.  That didn't push the club to the wall.  Every decision since then is down to the club.  The fortunes of Bristol Rovers is no-one else's responsibility.

The sooner we drop the whining victim approach, blaming someone else (Wycombe Wanderers, a dodgy agent, John Ward, luck and chemistry, the city council, local residents, a retail company, a student housing company, et al) and try to sort ourselves out, the better.
Absolutely spot on and we all know the driving force behind this mentality. It's made an embarrassment out of us and I believe it's lost a lot of goodwill that we may have had prior to this 
I'm just a soul whose intentions are good oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3641/breaking-news-club-appeal#ixzz3uzAb1tzt

No sooner than the Memorial Stadium gets listed as an Asset of Community Value, Higgs' solicitors have just given the council notice that they intend to sell up!

So the plot thickens ... just days after Sainsbury's register a charge on the ground!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

How long will it take before one of the sags reads it on here and their forums go into meltdown ..... again?!

OTIB ... always first with the breaking :gasmask: news!

26 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

No sooner than the Memorial Stadium gets listed as an Asset of Community Value, Higgs' solicitors have just given the council notice that they intend to sell up!

So the plot thickens ... just days after Sainsbury's register a charge on the ground!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

How long will it take before one of the sags reads it on here and their forums go into meltdown ..... again?!

OTIB ... always first with the breaking :gasmask: news!

Where's that juicy bit of news coming from Sir Colin?