IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Hmm ... the Tote End?

oh yeh, that old dump. That half-finished stand that must have been built on a very low-budget (bit like where they are today)

We marched in, terrorised them and took it over  -  no fuss, no bovver.

As for that muppet - Windass by name, windass by nature. 

The gas! the gas!... gotta get rid of the gas!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, 29AR said:

How skint must Windass be to play a part in that show? 

And whoever orchestrated the decor with that thing hanging from the wall light really should stop drinking petrol. 

That made I laugh,mind you it was the old 2 stroke he'd been on.

14 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

My god, a Tote End aggro scarf! Classy

I remember standing on the Tote End a number of times over the years however I can't recall any Rovers supporters ever  being present ...  although clearly, they had been shortly before. It's clear now that they'd all run off to knit scarves.

Tote End Aggro - my arse. Btw they left Eastville and the Tote End was bulldozed in 1986 - a mere 29 years ago.

On 12/12/2015 at 17:26, Bazooka Joe said:

Hmm ... the Tote End?

oh yeh, that old dump. That half-finished stand that must have been built on a very low-budget (bit like where they are today)

We marched in, terrorised them and took it over  -  no fuss, no bovver.

As for that muppet - Windass by name, windass by nature. 

The gas! the gas!... gotta get rid of the gas!

Have to admit the windass thing is a bit of a disaster PR wise- not that it would matter I hear you say. But a line has to be drawn by the p"""k above - Bristol City have never,ever 'terrorised or took over' the old Tote End - Millwall, Chelsea couldn't and your lot never ever got near.....

4 minutes ago, weymouth red said:

No firms then but we always had the gas mostly greasers then in there

5 minutes ago, weymouth red said:

No firms then but we always had the gas mostly greasers then in there

Shame there isn't any video to back your claim- just hoping we can have a couple of derbys next year..not looking improbable right now...

It's not claim its facts lo

i was living in horfield at the time end of the mods start of the skins it was a way of life then ! 

Knew a lot of the rovers boys in those days . I can remember Birmingham in there as well it was all over the papers then 

it was the norm in those days for teams fans to get in the opposing teams end . But it was not organised 

2 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Why - were you there you old git?

of course you were, took the tote end single- handedly- robbed the hot dog stand, machine-gunned your telephone number into the remnants of the corrugated iron,popped the box of chocs by the flower beds behind the goal for the city keeper and legged it back to your cave in BS3  for cheap cider and medals....

4 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

of course you were, took the tote end single- handedly- robbed the hot dog stand, machine-gunned your telephone number into the remnants of the corrugated iron,popped the box of chocs by the flower beds behind the goal for the city keeper and legged it back to your cave in BS3  for cheap cider and medals....

Sorry to disappoint you but I only went in the ToteEnd twice. Once for the fireworks display and once for the speedway.

26 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:
33 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Have to admit the windass thing is a bit of a disaster PR wise- not that it would matter I hear you say. But a line has to be drawn by the p"""k above - Bristol City have never,ever 'terrorised or took over' the old Tote End - Millwall, Chelsea couldn't and your lot never ever got near.....

60's I don't know- started going in '72 and was in the tote end every time we played city and never was the end taken - from '72 at least- unlike the East End- '75.

35 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

cant wait for your account of Chelsea at eastville feb/march 1980 if no ones ever took the tote......I was there

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

So, problem is ,you were born just too late. I'm sure if you'd been a few years older we NEVER would have taken the piss so many times, it would have been us cowering in the corner "bus stop", ah, life sucks!   :cool:

Been on the tote and took the piss once or twice... Been on the tote and survived once or twice..... Been on the tote and had a right kicking.. Once or twice....but that's just me, gas had a good crew back in the day, turned us over once or twice, not a problem, but it's history now...it won't ever happen again in my lifetime I can assure you...fak em

8 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

jesus Christ....I thought i'd be getting the truth from the horse(punchers)s mouth

that old chestnut...whilst you are it look at the panorama programme (millwall) on you tube where harry the dog and his fellow reprobates got their come-uppance in the Tote End on film - don't forget to read the comments underneath from their fans..actually |I will admit, a city mob finished them off at a 'Clash' concert later that day...

1 minute ago, st andrews gas said:

that old chestnut...whilst you are it look at the panorama programme (millwall) on you tube where harry the dog and his fellow reprobates got their come-uppance in the Tote End on film - don't forget to read the comments underneath from their fans..actually |I will admit, a city mob finished them off at a 'Clash' concert later that day...

so cfc never took the tote?

about 2 millwall got on tote the beeb paid em to do it

also ...would like your account glos cup 78 or 79 eastville if you can "conveniently"remember

SAG, I'm not sure how you define 'took' but standing in the middle of the Tote End twice surrounded by 1,000 plus fellow City, unmoved for the entire match must come close surely, even for deluded blues.

That's smack bang in the middle, not at the back, the side or the front by the way.