IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Did they lose then? I was expecting their obligatory penalty to save the day for them, again.

After an heroic struggle, the Wandering Minnows had to concede to the might of Stevenage by the odd goal in three. Hardly seems a fair contest, does it? :( 

• Like 1

Listened to the last 20 minutes whilst in the car. Judging by the level of bias and downright slating of officials from the commentator, it seems that anyone setting foot in that ground becomes possessed by the blue fog of entitlement.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

5809 out, v poor !

Was listening to RB before the KO and the poor attendance was blamed by the commentator on the proximity to Christmas! What a load of Bowlox

They also commented that Stevenage had brought a mascot...... it's a Bear the gas guy said..... must have something to do with Stevenage!

No Sh!t Sherlock!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Was listening to RB before the KO and the poor attendance was blamed by the commentator on the proximity to Christmas! What a load of Bowlox

They also commented that Stevenage had brought a mascot...... it's a Bear the gas guy said..... must have something to do with Stevenage!

No Sh!t Sherlock!

Was the bear included in the 5809 attendance?

12 hours ago, Iron Man said:

Losing to Crawley and Stevenage in 3 days? Chortle. And only 5800 there as well? Re-arrange the words: Giving the gift on keeps that

Oh, come on............let's be fair.

They put up a really heroic fight against Chesham!!!!!   

:rofl2br:

• Like 1

Bristol Rovers: Dopey Darrell rues finishing after Stevenage loss

Bristol Rovers manager Dopey Darrell was unhappy with his side's finishing following the 2-1 home defeat by Stevenage in League Two.

Chris Whelpdale scored a 60th-minute winner to give Boro boss Teddy Sheringham his first away win.

"At the minute we seem to need five or six chances, but the opposition are taking their chances," 37-year-old Clarke told BBC Radio Bristol .

"If things are not quite dropping for them, they have to keep working hard."

He handed new signing Paris Cowan-Hall a full debut, and the Millwall loanee created Rovers' goal for Matt Taylor.

Clarke believes his side, who have now lost eight home games this season, will learn from two consecutive defeats.

"It was never going to be a bed of roses this year and this a low - but we will stay strong," he added.

"Coming up a division we are going to get a few kicks along the way and people do forget we are new to this league the Football League.

"It is a group that is learning and people forget that we have actually gone up a division this year ." No they don't forget Darrell because you only mentioned it in your previous breath and to be precise, you haven't "gone up a division" because there aren't five divisions ... you've come up from the Vanarama Conference to become the newest member of the Football League.

• Like 12

Is it just me or have the gas just given us too many gifts over the last couple of years?  The pleasure gained going to work to give the gashead work colleagues some stick after a poor result is just gone.  They just shrug their shoulders and accept it and some even say the don't go anymore and have lost interest. Can't believe they just accept tripe year after year.  Having given us relegation on the last day of the season after claiming they were pushing for playoffs, punching horses, struggling in the vanarama,  Stadium plans down the toilet,  wonga loans and loosing in the fa cup to Chesham what could they actually do next to properly surprise us?

I will start with selling out to a new board and realising the chairman is Sepp Blatter.

15 hours ago, BCFC Jordan said:

So the consortium doesn't exist. Who'd have thought it?

15 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I like that phrase

I have always been amused (my puerile sense of humour) by your user name and also that of Rudolf Hucker.

There was another similarly 'rude' user name who used to post, but I cannot recall seeing him on here for months now and, for the life of me, I have forgotten his user name - it was sort of Greek and, if I remember correctly, he once explained/justified himself to TMOR by saying that his father was Greek and had a wicked sense of humour.

Any ideas?

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

43 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have always been amused (my puerile sense of humour) by your user name and also that of Rudolf Hucker.

There was another similarly 'rude' user name who used to post, but I cannot recall seeing him on here for months now and, for the life of me, I have forgotten his user name - it was sort of Greek and, if I remember correctly, he once explained/justified himself to TMOR by saying that his father was Greek and had a wicked sense of humour.

Any ideas?

Mike Litoiris

I also liked Whale Eye Beef Hooked.

Although ideally everybody would just use their real name as I do.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Mike Litoiris

I also liked Whale Eye Beef Hooked.

Although ideally everybody would just use their real name as I do.

From the BBC today ... but I can't remember any of this guy's posts on OTIB ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-34918491

Phuc Dat Bich admits hoax in Facebook name battle

15 hours ago, Aizoon said:

I was expecting there to be Sags on the 10 past 10 bus from Nevil Road to the Centre. There weren't. I reckon even that crowd figure was exaggerated. 

They caught the later bus due to being at a lock in with dopey Darrell,after a few renditions of good night irene they all felt a lot happier about things and were soon talking about the play offs.

• Like 2