IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Does anybody know what state the Memorial ground stadium is in?

I've not been there but from clips of the games (by their entertaining blogger) it looks pretty old but I didn't know how bad it was; I remember the state of the Goldstone Ground away for a midweeker before Brighton moved ground; it was crumbling with huge sections roped off for safety reasons.

As The New Stadium has been the goal for a few years they will have done the absolute minimum maintenance so I was wondering how the stands are holding up. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've not been there but from clips of the games (by their entertaining blogger) it looks pretty old but I didn't know how bad it was; I remember the state of the Goldstone Ground away for a midweeker before Brighton moved ground; it was crumbling with huge sections roped off for safety reasons.

As The New Stadium has been the goal for a few years they will have done the absolute minimum maintenance so I was wondering how the stands are holding up. 

I believe they're propped up with hired plastic chairs 

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The ironic thing about the Mem is that despite it's utter crapness most of it isn't actually that old. The side stands were built by the rugby club in the 80s and 90s and the archaic looking clubhouse end was built by the sags after they moved in.

13 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

The ironic thing about the Mem is that despite it's utter crapness most of it isn't actually that old. The side stands were built by the rugby club in the 80s and 90s and the archaic looking clubhouse end was built by the sags after they moved in.

More "Retro" then? As in "Retromingent"?

13 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

I'm sure the club house end was already there? However their fans had to raise the money for a roof for it.

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Trying to post a link to the front page of the Bishopston Society website but 'upgraded' forum won't let me.

Does this further hamper the Mem/Supermarket plan?

Here you go:  http://www.bishopstonsociety.org.uk/news/our-news/754-bristol-city-council-accepts-nomination-of-memorial-stadium-as-an-asset-of-community-value-by-tbs

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Trying to post a link to the front page of the Bishopston Society website but 'upgraded' forum won't let me.

Does this further hamper the Mem/Supermarket plan?

I doubt that it would make any difference. All it means is if the site is going to be sold, the Bishopston Society (or any other local group) would have 6 weeks to make a bid  and 6 months to raise the money. It's unlikely that the Bishopston Society could raise the market value of the site, and even if they did, Rovers would just get the money from them instead of some other party. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

I doubt that it would make any difference. All it means is if the site is going to be sold, the Bishopston Society (or any other local group) would have 6 weeks to make a bid  and 6 months to raise the money. It's unlikely that the Bishopston Society could raise the market value of the site, and even if they did, Rovers would just get the money from them instead of some other party. 

Bit it might add another 6 month delay. 

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

IF (and its a big if) they won the court case against Sainsburys to force them to pay the contractually agreed price, would Bishopston Society need to pay this level, or  the Lower present market value?