IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

A few months ago the "kid in the riot" suggested that land at The Memorial Stadium was to be sold for building and that this would effectively "save the Rovers". Many of us wondered how such a plan could possibly work because any profit from the sale of a segment of land would only be sufficient to pay off MSP Capital and so the other debt and dereliction would remain.

But now new theories are surfacing which could explain what is to happen. It appears that the whole of the site may be sold thus allowing MSP Capital and Nicholas and his cohorts all to have their money repaid leaving a few millions (single figures) for Rovers to contribute a small share towards the cost of building a scaled down and "economy" version of a UWE Stadium which would effectively be owned by third parties.

To many Rovers supporters this is a nightmare scenario because their dream of a showpiece stadium, owned by the club, would be shattered and the landlord tenant situation would once again return. Even worse, in their eyes, Nicholas & Co would continue running the football club in their own inimitable style. 

However, there is always a silver lining and so as promised the revised scheme would bring a significant boost to the economy of North Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Led by the increased prosperity of garden shed manufacturers and purveyors of rosettes and rattles, 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, bert tann said:

A few months ago the "kid in the riot" suggested that land at The Memorial Stadium was to be sold for building and that this would effectively "save the Rovers". Many of us wondered how such a plan could possibly work because any profit from the sale of a segment of land would only be sufficient to pay off MSP Capital and so the other debt and dereliction would remain.

But now new theories are surfacing which could explain what is to happen. It appears that the whole of the site may be sold thus allowing MSP Capital and Nicholas and his cohorts all to have their money repaid leaving a few millions (single figures) for Rovers to contribute a small share towards the cost of building a scaled down and "economy" version of a UWE Stadium which would effectively be owned by third parties.

To many Rovers supporters this is a nightmare scenario because their dream of a showpiece stadium, owned by the club, would be shattered and the landlord tenant situation would once again return. Even worse, in their eyes, Nicholas & Co would continue running the football club in their own inimitable style. 

However, there is always a silver lining and so as promised the revised scheme would bring a significant boost to the economy of North Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Led by the increased prosperity of garden shed manufacturers and purveyors of rosettes and rattles, 

So, they were given a stadium by Bristol FC's financial incompetence and they've managed to fritter it away and become tenants again. 

To lose one stadium, Mr Higgs, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose two looks like carelessness.

Edited by Aizoon
  • Like 7

18 hours ago, bert tann said:

A friend of mine is the chairman of FC United of Manchester.  They have just moved into a brand new stadium that they built, own and paid for.  It is astonishing that a club can appear literally as a result of a chat in the pub and do this whilst the heroes of Horfield are doing the reverse (i.e. frittering away a stadium they (stole) owned.  If I was a gashead (Thank you Lord!), I would be ashamed when I contrasted my team with FCUM

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phantom said:

Hadn't UWE applied for planning permission to turn the land into a car park?

They have submitted a plan for a temporary car park but its the part of the whole development that was going to be a car park and potential hotel. It does not impinge or have an effect on the actual stadium part of the development

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

They have submitted a plan for a temporary car park but its the part of the whole development that was going to be a car park and potential hotel. It does not impinge or have an effect on the actual stadium part of the development

Apparently, it may not be accepted. There's a problem with the location of the four coats :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Also, there's apparently an issue with the proposed stadium seating. The club wanted the favoured 'patio seating' range but the planning officials want proper fixed seating due to previous problems at the Mem.....

index.jpg

The chairs of the Rovers fans ran round the stadium...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Really ?????  :whistle:

220px-Elvis_Presley_LPM-1254_Album_Cover

You obviously didn't read as far as my post two below that one which said The Clash ripped off an Elvis Presley album cover.

Hope it didn't take too long to search for the image to prove me wrong, sorry it was a waste of time!

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

16 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You obviously didn't read as far as my post two below that one which said The Clash ripped off an Elvis Presley album cover.

Hope it didn't take too long to search for the image to prove me wrong, sorry it was a waste of time!

As a fully paid user of Google it took no time at all so you needn't  worry about my time. 

You're right though I didn't see your post, the Pennie Smith image is brilliant. Shame I can't find the interview where she says she didn't really like it as it was blurry ! Wonder if she feels the same now, with prints going for about £4k.

You know it's an iconic image when Micky Mouse copies it !!

c642dd3c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

As a fully paid user of Google it took no time at all so you needn't  worry about my time. 

You're right though I didn't see your post, the Pennie Smith image is brilliant. Shame I can't find the interview where she says she didn't really like it as it was blurry ! Wonder if she feels the same now, with prints going for about £4k.

You know it's an iconic image when Micky Mouse copies it !!

c642dd3c.jpg

That photo on the Clash album is just superb as you rightly say!

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

See that Chesham got beat at bottom of the table Paulton Rovers today. :)

When you play away at a good club you expect to be beaten. When you play away at a lesser club you expect to win. 

• Like 2