IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, mr belgos said:

Just to annoy the gas heads my neighbour Mr Higgs has bought himself a new £300,000 Bentley which is too big for his garage.

enough for a decent striker but it is his money and spend it on what he likes and not wasting it on that sh:t club

Are you hintin Nicholas blew it on an ostentatious car in an attempt to cover up his inadequacies ?

yesterday at 12:23pm 
Post by chewbacca on yesterday at 12:23pm
Two defeats, five wins and one draw in eight matches. It's not that bad really. There are however areas for improvement.

Goalkeeper Situation
I don't think Nicholls is a bad keeper, I don't think Chapman was a bad keeper, I also don't think Mildenhall, Puddy and Preston are bad keepers. There needs to however be some level of consistency. The Goalkeeper situation should have been solved in the summer, the goalkeeper (if a loan for a season) needed to be in during pre-season working with defenders and how the team plays. At times there is a clear lack of communication between the back four/five and the keeper. This needs working on. If we are to continue with Nicholls he needs help with his confidence. If we don't continue with him I'd like to see a permanent goalkeeper signed in January to stop this daft revolving door situation.

Centre Midfield
We don't have an out and out attacking central midfielder. It's very rare that we see midfielders strike the ball from outside the box, find through balls to strikers and create chances. The midfielders we have are all seemingly deep lying which, is fine when wingers are on form but the wingers can be in and out quite a lot. I'd like to see a midfielder who can chip in with goals and assists brought in (easy said than done).

Shooting
As alluded to with the midfield situation we need to bloody shoot. We have players with the ability to hit ones from 20+ yards but how many times in the last season and a half have we seen it from open play. Strikers currently seem to want to take 2/3 touches when one would suffice. We're not working on instinct and over thinking chances. Just do it, do it simple and get a shot away.

Plan 2*
We're very one dimensional at the moment, away from home it works due to opposition teams playing high lines and coming at us. I'd like to see Montano given a chance and potentially a new striker signed with something a bit different (the three currently being used have been OK but are quite similar in their play). Until January with Blissett seemingly done I'd like to see Lucas given minutes to see if he can make a difference.

*Amended for clarity.
Last Edit: yesterday at 1:13pm by chewbacca
laughinggas

Gas Meltdown yesterday at 12:41pm
Post by laughinggas on yesterday at 12:41pm
Too sensible!
chewbacca

Paul Tovey

Gas Meltdown yesterday at 12:59pm kingswoodpolak likes this.
Post by chewbacca on yesterday at 12:59pm

yesterday at 12:41pm laughinggas said:
Too sensible!
You're right.

Sack Clarke, don't appoint a new manager, spend the savings on strippers and coke.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4169/gas-meltdown#ixzz3r6TyMKsS

9 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

yesterday at 12:23pm 
Post by chewbacca on yesterday at 12:23pm
Two defeats, five wins and one draw in eight matches. It's not that bad really. There are however areas for improvement.

Goalkeeper Situation
I don't think Nicholls is a bad keeper, I don't think Chapman was a bad keeper, I also don't think Mildenhall, Puddy and Preston are bad keepers. There needs to however be some level of consistency. The Goalkeeper situation should have been solved in the summer, the goalkeeper (if a loan for a season) needed to be in during pre-season working with defenders and how the team plays. At times there is a clear lack of communication between the back four/five and the keeper. This needs working on. If we are to continue with Nicholls he needs help with his confidence. If we don't continue with him I'd like to see a permanent goalkeeper signed in January to stop this daft revolving door situation.

Centre Midfield
We don't have an out and out attacking central midfielder. It's very rare that we see midfielders strike the ball from outside the box, find through balls to strikers and create chances. The midfielders we have are all seemingly deep lying which, is fine when wingers are on form but the wingers can be in and out quite a lot. I'd like to see a midfielder who can chip in with goals and assists brought in (easy said than done).

Shooting
As alluded to with the midfield situation we need to bloody shoot. We have players with the ability to hit ones from 20+ yards but how many times in the last season and a half have we seen it from open play. Strikers currently seem to want to take 2/3 touches when one would suffice. We're not working on instinct and over thinking chances. Just do it, do it simple and get a shot away.

Plan 2*
We're very one dimensional at the moment, away from home it works due to opposition teams playing high lines and coming at us. I'd like to see Montano given a chance and potentially a new striker signed with something a bit different (the three currently being used have been OK but are quite similar in their play). Until January with Blissett seemingly done I'd like to see Lucas given minutes to see if he can make a difference.

*Amended for clarity.
Last Edit: yesterday at 1:13pm by chewbacca
laughinggas

Gas Meltdown yesterday at 12:41pm
Post by laughinggas on yesterday at 12:41pm
Too sensible!
chewbacca

Paul Tovey

Gas Meltdown yesterday at 12:59pm kingswoodpolak likes this.
Post by chewbacca on yesterday at 12:59pm

yesterday at 12:41pm laughinggas said:
Too sensible!
You're right.

Sack Clarke, don't appoint a new manager, spend the savings on strippers and coke.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/4169/gas-meltdown#ixzz3r6TyMKsS

Zzzzzzzżzzzzzzz................

Ran into a few sags yesterday,boy were they not happy bunnies,and after an exchange of banter shall we say,they started getting personal infering that I along with all sheeds were infact dicks.Now then ,I said,don't start getting all bitter and twisted,oops too late I added with a smug smile,this was met with the usual deafening silence.They really are as an angry collection of social misfits as you could ever have the misfortune to meet,I think they may of been bullied when they were younger.

• Admin
16 hours ago, cider city red 81 said:

Probably rubbish but someone told me they had genuinely booked a huge party Monday night to watch the second round draw together with players and fan

A good job we were not playing Cardiff that Monday - City Superfan Ellis Harrison would have missed the party !

19 hours ago, cider city red 81 said:

Probably rubbish but someone told me they had genuinely booked a huge party Monday night to watch the second round draw together with players and fan

Well worth spreading, anyway, true or not ;)

Edited by Aizoon

19 minutes ago, cider city red 81 said:

Was talking to some Rovers fans at work and they think Clark is gone if they lose on Saturday. Ridiculous!

They want either Mark Cooper or Paul Lambert 

Agent Cooper sounds good to me...... he nearly completed his mission at Swindle but left them in a fine position......

19 minutes ago, cider city red 81 said:

Was talking to some Rovers fans at work and they think Clark is gone if they lose on Saturday. Ridiculous!

They want either Mark Cooper or Paul Lambert 

Then they're talking out of their backsides.  Sacked for what?  Getting them promoted and on the edge of the play offs?  Deluded idiots with ideas above their stations again.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Paul Lambert!! LOOOOOOOOOL 

They are still deluded it is just laughable!

Lambert is talking to Blackburn and QPR!

I still love the story about when they approached Martin O'Neill way back and he instead went to Wycombe, who were then non-league, saying they had 'more potential' - how we laffed!!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They are still deluded it is just laughable!

Lambert is talking to Blackburn and QPR!

I still love the story about when they approached Martin O'Neill way back and he instead went to Wycombe, who were then non-league, saying they had 'more potential' - how we laffed!!!

It's just this idea that they are a huge club with a pull that makes me giggle. They are basically Exeter but worse, and that is how the rest of the football world looks on them.

Edited by ZiderEyed