IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I've no idea ITN, it's your club (for your sins) so what do you think?

It seems too 'perfect' for someone to come in, pay for the UWE, clear all debts and put £Millions into the team. I just can't see it as it answers all your prayers in one go with no return. Please excuse my scepticism but it's too 'ideal' WTGR. Why would an outside person put the best part of £60M (eg: UWE, clearing the debts and £10M for players ) for no return?

I think that there is definitely a group who are interested, and that they are people who have not been associated with Rovers previously. It is n doubt a pipe dream for all the boxes above to be ticked, but, hopefully an offer which will give the club a chance to establish financial stability for the future.

I think that most Rovers fans would be happy with an SL situation!  He is a supporter of the club into which he's poured a lot of money, and his son is also a genuine supporter - so what's not to like?

• Like 2

• Admin

I'm intrigued what role Colin Sextone is playing, I'd be surprised if he had invested any money ininto Rovers.

I'd have thought more likely there for his experience of our battle to get Ashton Vale, which in turn wouldn't seem like they are expecting a take over??? 

I think that there is definitely a group who are interested, and that they are people who have not been associated with Rovers previously. It is n doubt a pipe dream for all the boxes above to be ticked, but, hopefully an offer which will give the club a chance to establish financial stability for the future.

I think that most Rovers fans would be happy with an SL situation!  He is a supporter of the club into which he's poured a lot of money, and his son is also a genuine supporter - so what's not to like?

fair comments ITN. We will watch and see what happens. 

Regarding SL, you missed off his little grandson who also attends games resplendent in our red shirt. :)

Edited by ciderup

Non executive unpaid role.

No say in the running of the club, just there for advice and guidance and for his contacts. At least he'll bring some credibility and professionalism to that outfit.

All the credibiity of a man who was at the helm when we plannd the Ashton Vale adventure.

They had less than 400 at Morecombe on Saturday. Knowing the Gasheads obsession with attendances I told a Sag at work that their away following was 'tinpot', 'embarrassing' and 'pathetic' as that's the jibes I get from him every time City take less than 800 to an away match.

Of course...silly me...I forgot that most Rovers fans don't like to stand amongst their own on their travels....the angry response I got as his eyes bulged out of his big red face was "well, they didn't include all the Gas in the ome ends did they SHITHEAD". Yeah, right....

I think I touched a nerve.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

They had less than 400 at Morecombe on Saturday. Knowing the Gasheads obsession with attendances I told a Sag at work that their away following was 'tinpot', 'embarrassing' and 'pathetic' as that's the jibes I get from him every time City take less than 800 to an away match.

Of course...silly me...I forgot that most Rovers fans don't like to stand amongst their own on their travels....the angry response I got as his eyes bulged out of his big red face was "well, they didn't include all the Gas in the ome ends did they SHITHEAD". Yeah, right....

You obviously forgot about the 14,000 that were locked outside.

I said to one sag on twitter that we took more fans to Middlesbrough than they did to their open top bus tour in Bristol following their promotion. Very easy nibble.

Very easy bite material mentioning that embarrassing day.

Edited by Iron Man

Was I the only one happy when this bloody thread was on page 3?  Can't stand seeing bloody basement rovers pop up again on OTIB.

Can't we just forget they exist?

You realise that by posting in the thread you drag it back up to the top of page one?  If you don't like seeing it then it is probably best not to bump it.

To answer your first question though, I would never ever be happy to see this thread on page 3.  On page 3 I want to see actual tits, not read posts about a tinpot club full of tits. 

• Like 4

Was I the only one happy when this bloody thread was on page 3?  Can't stand seeing bloody basement rovers pop up again on OTIB.

Can't we just forget they exist?

We could, Kev. But they just give us so much
Marvel in their new 'matchday cabin'. I want to ruffle their hair and give them some chocolate before bedtime

fair comments ITN. We will watch and see what happens. 

Regarding SL, you missed off his little grandson who also attends games resplendent in our red shirt. :)

..if I had a grand-dad worth a couple of Billion I'd support whatever team he supports too,  anything to keep the old boy happy, gotta protect the inheritance innit!

(just a bit if luck the old chap chose BCFC - RESULT!!! :) )

• Like 2