IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

This should give you a good laugh (posted on their forum).....

I have a sound source who says it's a possibility the main backer of the consortium could be he who must live in Guernsey. Could be potentially looking to create a business conference planning and hosting enterprise - venues could include the new AG, the UWE and potentially one new site.

Investing in Rovers might basically be a sideline to getting into that and could allow an interest in Rovers so they can be set up as the City feeder club.

I know quite a bit more than this but can't say for legal reasons. I'm telling you all of this in the best interests of the club.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3951/plan?page=11#ixzz3mPk6kw4Z

This should give you a good laugh (posted on their forum).....

I have a sound source who says it's a possibility the main backer of the consortium could be he who must live in Guernsey. Could be potentially looking to create a business conference planning and hosting enterprise - venues could include the new AG, the UWE and potentially one new site.

Investing in Rovers might basically be a sideline to getting into that and could allow an interest in Rovers so they can be set up as the City feeder club.

I know quite a bit more than this but can't say for legal reasons. I'm telling you all of this in the best interests of the club.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/3951/plan?page=11#ixzz3mPk6kw4Z

That post was just somebody trying to be clever, having a dig at the people who originally posted the information about a Consortium bid.

Surprised that it reeled you in!

That's a fantasy of theirs. Sorry but no room for you within Bristol Sport. Maybe they should have backed our world cup bid. Failure to do that will forever rule them out.

Club ownership rules rule them out, surely?  

SL/Bristol Sport would not be permitted to own two clubs in the English professional game, regardless of how amateur we consider them to be!

• Like 1

I think this whole consortium thing might turn out to be a total fabrication.  A few loyal Rovers fans have been used to "out" a false rumour, designed to flush out who on the Board are loyal and who are actually traitors in Higgs' eyes.

It isn't a fabrication, and one of those with info did not get it from anybody inside the club. Higgs doesn't want to be caught lying to the fans again, hence a club insider telling the EP that he "will not dignify this with a response".  If there's been no approach, why does Higgs not just come straight out and say so himself?

Whether anything does actually come from it is another matter, but at least fans are now aware that there is a credible option for Higgs to take, if he can put his ego to one side.

should Mr piggs put his own personal money he loaned the club to one side behind his ego as well ? 

No - he will get his loans repaid, possibly over an agreed period of time. The need for the Directors to loan the club money has mainly arisen due to debt increasing due to their poor business decisions. I do feel sorry for Higgs, as I'm sure that without the Trash delay he would have delivered the stadium.

No - he will get his loans repaid, possibly over an agreed period of time. The need for the Directors to loan the club money has mainly arisen due to debt increasing due to their poor business decisions. I do feel sorry for Higgs, as I'm sure that without the Trash delay he would have delivered the stadium.

Put yourself in the man's shoes:

- Would you loan money to a business with poor credit worthiness and running at an annual deficit ? Maybe, if you're a fan.
- Would you loan a business with poor credit worthiness (to the extent its bankers called in a debt) and running at an annual deficit and over which you will have no direct involvement in its management, strategy, long term success and stability? Maybe, if you're a fan of Russian roulette.

I wouldn't for one moment suggest that poor business decisions have or have not been made, but I'm not quite sure that amounts to even a moral culpability for debts or increases in debts provided advice was taken and was given due consideration.

Edited by Guest

Put yourself in the man's shoes:

- Would you loan money to a business with poor credit worthiness and running at an annual deficit ? Maybe, if you're a fan.
- Would you loan a business with poor credit worthiness (to the extent its bankers called in a debt) and running at an annual deficit and over which you will have no direct involvement in its management, strategy, long term success and stability? Maybe, if you're a fan of Russian roulette.

I wouldn't for one moment suggest that poor business decisions have or have not been made, but I'm not quite sure that amounts to even a moral culpability for debts or increases in debts provided advice was taken and was given due consideration.

I hear the men in the white coats are coming for Nicholas after his latest  poor business decision.

He has taken the Sainsburys case to the court of apparel by mistake. 

• Like 1

A day out for all the family at the club that just keeps on giving ...

CP3Vu-8WsAA6vhR.jpg

I have never quite understood giving the '******' sign at the opposition when they score, like they really give a ****? Anyway, I daresay the same happened in the away end at Ipswich when the home side scored yesterday, and in the home end when City scored, and in the Chelsea end when Newcastle scored, and in the Newcastle end when Chelsea scored ad infinitum.

• Like 2

A day out for all the family at the club that just keeps on giving ...

CP3Vu-8WsAA6vhR.jpg

I always knew that Coco Cola was bad for you, but didn't know it could give you involuntary bouts of verbal and physical Tourette's.

Chubs on the left hasn't quite finished hers yet, so we'll never know what beauty she'd have come up with! :D

• Like 1

I have never quite understood giving the '******' sign at the opposition when they score, like they really give a ****? Anyway, I daresay the same happened in the away end at Ipswich when the home side scored yesterday, and in the home end when City scored, and in the Chelsea end when Newcastle scored, and in the Newcastle end when Chelsea scored ad infinitum.

Ummm.... Yes, but women and children, with such apparent gusto?

Stay classy Slags.

....we could always help 'em to get back on the right track, as good neighbours its the least we can do, its not nice to stand by and do nothing when someone we can potentially help is struggling. 

I'm sure we must have this blokes number still... if someone can dig it out can you please pass it on to Mr Higgs (actually Sextoy might have it already) anyway if we can find Mr McKindoe's contact details I'm sure he will be only to pleased to help 'em out.

Have to say that I depressingly agree with the residents scum bag. Fans dish it out left right and centre then go mental when they get a bit back. Lita when he was playing for boro was a classic example.

Although a certain gas scum sucking player could never handle the chants about him and the chairman's daughter. All alleged of course

• Like 2

Have to say that I depressingly agree with the residents scum bag. Fans dish it out left right and centre then go mental when they get a bit back. Lita when he was playing for boro was a classic example.

Although a certain gas scum sucking player could never handle the chants about him and the chairman's daughter. All alleged of course

That's the worst abuse I have ever heard in 40 seasons at the Gate, he must have hated every single second. Bloody good job as well.

• Like 1

Yep, any ground you like. Depressing stuff, but hardly unique to our lot.

Yep it was embarrassing to see how some of our fans behaved at Birmingham when they scored and not just the pre pubescent "netters" either. Every support has them. Seriously, if it angers you so much when the opposition score maybe football isn't for you, let alone placing yourself next to the other teams fans. 

Having said that, you don't often see the family matriarch leading the abuse. The gift....

• Like 3