IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Although that might explain why s/he doesn't realise we've sold out most of our home games so far this season. As I'm sure all the sags are aware of this.  Aren't they? 

Not the Sags I know, it's the sort of fact they like to ignore because it makes their own support look even more laughable.

26k for a Play Off Final, probably the most important game in their history whilst we took 42k for a 'Paint Pot Trophy' final...

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Yeah it's easy to spot who it is he'll be saying `got dem shiteds all riled up haven't o UTG`

Except I'm grateful for the oppourtunity to post about how shit their support is compared to ours because every Gashead I know is totally obsessed with attendances, despite the fact our home and away followings have been better than theirs for decades

Cheers Weezord you poor embarrassed Saghead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

We prefer to be underdogs in Bristol. . That's what drew me to BRFC .. Out supported .. always second fiddle to you lot .. love it .. we all stand together and stand strong .. anyways Happy New Year 

Don't be put off by any insults you might get. Keep posting, as anything from the bad lands is interesting. 

P.S. Are you also a member of the Monster Raving Looney party?

1 hour ago, Philgas said:We prefer to be underdogs in Bristol. . That's what drew me to BRFC .. Out supported .. always second fiddle to you lot .. love it .. we all stand together and stand strong .. anyways Happy New Year 

Me too, I prefer the terraces to all seater stadiums and like supporting the underdog however I don't wish rovers to play second fiddle to city too much, just want two competitive Bristol clubs

43 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Don't be put off by any insults you might get. Keep posting, as anything from the bad lands is interesting. 

P.S. Are you also a member of the Monster Raving Looney party?

It always amuses me that this myth of how great the sag 'supported', or supporters in real English, was and is solely perpetuated by the sag fans themselves. They really do think they're something special and make sure they tell everyone. If anybody from a different club remarked on these sensational uber sag fans, I would give it some credence but to blow smoke up your own arse is typical of them!

23 minutes ago, ciderup said:

It always amuses me that this myth of how great the sag 'supported', or supporters in real English, was and is solely perpetuated by the sag fans themselves. They really do think they're something special and make sure they tell everyone. If anybody from a different club remarked on these sensational uber sag fans, I would give it some credence but to blow smoke up your own arse is typical of them!

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/leyton-orient/orient_hoping_to_sign_trialist_before_stevenage_match_1_4361329

"Just under 500 made the trip from east London and Hendon praised them plus the Gas fans for the intense atmosphere they created. He added: “I do think Bristol Rovers will be up there at the end of the season. The support they had was fantastic.

“They kept on right until the end. I thought they were superb the way they got behind their team. “Don’t get me wrong, our away supporters were good as well. They kept going and were there at the end and applauded us off, but it is a tough place to come when they have got a crowd like that.”

Perpetuated by somebody else - who'd thunk it?

12 minutes ago, ciderup said:

You made an 'intense' atmosphere at a home game, over Xmas when crowds are normally larger and your team is doing well. Doesn't every teams' supporters do that? 

In other words, you're the same as every other teams' supporters. Well done you. 

C'mon mate, they are the ONLY set of fans in the world to be praised by an opposition manager. Special lot them gas lads

Edited by Iron Man

1 hour ago, GazSaid said:

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/leyton-orient/orient_hoping_to_sign_trialist_before_stevenage_match_1_4361329

"Just under 500 made the trip from east London and Hendon praised them plus the Gas fans for the intense atmosphere they created. He added: “I do think Bristol Rovers will be up there at the end of the season. The support they had was fantastic.

“They kept on right until the end. I thought they were superb the way they got behind their team. “Don’t get me wrong, our away supporters were good as well. They kept going and were there at the end and applauded us off, but it is a tough place to come when they have got a crowd like that.”

I heard noise does echo a lot more in tents..

Martin Allen: I've been lucky enough to visit a few Premier League games over the past six months, but very few can match the atmosphere and passion of Bristol Rovers supporters when we visited the Memorial Stadium on Tuesday last week.
In what was biblical rain, seven-and-a-half thousand turned up and sung their hearts out saluting every tackle, challenge and refereeing decision like it was a Champions League final, FA Cup final and Premier League title decider rolled into one.
After relegation out of the Football League on the final day of last season, they could've turned their backs, but it looks like it's made them even stronger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GazSaid said:

Interesting that, as you're fans were a complete embarrassment at Plymouth and in the Vanarama....

14 minutes ago, Bluebeard said:

Martin Allen: I've been lucky enough to visit a few Premier League games over the past six months, but very few can match the atmosphere and passion of Bristol Rovers supporters when we visited the Memorial Stadium on Tuesday last week.
In what was biblical rain, seven-and-a-half thousand turned up and sung their hearts out saluting every tackle, challenge and refereeing decision like it was a Champions League final, FA Cup final and Premier League title decider rolled into one.
After relegation out of the Football League on the final day of last season, they could've turned their backs, but it looks like it's made them even stronger.

Premier League? Pfft, Graham Poll said we were louder than the Nou Camp

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Premier League? Pah, Graham Poll said we were louder than the Nou Camp

"Last week I refereed my first play-off match at Ashton Gate, the Second Division semi-final second leg between Bristol City and Hartlepool"

"Despite my refereeing experiences around the world, I cannot recall a greater contrast between players than at the final whistle. Bristol City, who had scored two late goals to qualify, were ecstatic, while all connected with Hartlepool were in despair. The noise within the stadium when the two home goals went in was incredible and compared favourably with a full Nou Camp for a Champions League quarter-final."

I think this beats a few quotes from poxxy managers in the non leagues :)

• Like 5