IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

"...after a well deserved break..." is a very odd phrase to include in the statement.

Implies to me that if we don't hear of him going somewhere in the short-term that he's on gardening leave and still under contract. Perhaps they don't have the wherewithal to pay him off straight away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

You were probably singlehandedly responsible for the odds shortening.  Bookies are very wary of allowing large bets on these markets for obvious reasons.

I heard there are 40,000 sags locked out of the bookies trying to bet on Cotts

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

"...after a well deserved break..." is a very odd phrase to include in the statement.

Implies to me that if we don't hear of him going somewhere in the short-term that he's on gardening leave and still under contract. Perhaps they don't have the wherewithal to pay him off straight away.

He was already having  a well deserved break from football as manager of the Gas. 

• Admin
28 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

That's how I read it too, an odd phrase to use

Wow! This is our ‘reward’ for the thread reaching 900 pages.

Looking forward to the 1000th Page prize. Wonder what that could be? Here’s hoping.

Thought Darrell was a decent fit for The Gas personally. Rewinding a couple of years they had a decent manager, advanced plans for a quality stadium at UWE that made good commercial sense and a new training ground - must admit to being a bit nervous then. But.... can always trust The Slags to mess things up. Happy days.

Who is going to take the job on if they can only afford twenty quid a week after being told there is no dosh in the transfer kitty and no liklihood of ever being any - unless Wally promises the earth and delivers nothing, like he usually does of course.

I did hear that a bloke called Richard Head had applied (or was that Hollow Head?).

Edited by wendyredredrobin
Still laughing too much

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

He's left Wolves apparently... http://trainingground.guru/bulletin-board

I really hope Cotts doesn't join 'em … he's far too good for them.

Living local he must know what a mess The Mem is in. The sugar coated drip drip drip of bullshit that's dribbled from the arse of a not so rich, afterall, man at the top of the slag heap, the fake nectar that was faithfully lapped up by an honest DC before curdling and making the poor bloke sick to the stomach, much the sane scenario for the sad ass Gasheads who eagerly swallowed a dream that quickly, in reality, became a nightmare.

An ongoing forum 'Dustbin' thread of over nine hundred pages tells it's own story,  kept going by 'gifts' that incredibly keep on coming and giving, so much unbelievable stuff coming out of Whorefield in recent years, facts stranger than fiction, we really haven't had to make much up.

In the unlikely event that Cotts is unaware of the bullshit feeding regime north of the river, someone please point him in the direction of this Dustbin Thread before he potentially makes the biggest mistake of his life.

Steve Cotterill you deserve far better than that!

Potentially pleasing news for Whorefield coming out of Wolverhampton... At least one Silly Sod is available, and we all know they need a REALLY Silly Sod to take over the threadbare managers seat vacated today by DC.

Doubt if Sean will be the Silly Sod they manage tempt though, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to ask him the stupid question, you never know eh ?  

Surely Cott's has more sense than to fall for it ? ... I really hope he doesn't!!       

• Like 2

Judging by the opinions on Slagchat they really don’t want Cotterill.

That’s the guy who got us promoted to the Championship with 99 points. The season before he arrived in December when we were bottom of L1 and steered us to mid table safety.

They’re as thick as shit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

now he's gone, what was the origin of the 'dog' stuff? 

I thought that for ages until someone cleared it up for me.

It was literally a City fan sending a tweet to Garita when he signed. Some City fans like to say stuff like "so and so sniffs bike seats" or "so and so drinks bath water" etc. Well knowing that Garita couldn't speak a word of english, a city fan sent Garita "Darrell Clarke w@nks off dogs". Arnie RTed it and it stuck ever since.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Judging by the opinions on Slagchat they really don’t want Cotterill.

That’s the guy who got us promoted to the Championship with 99 points. The season before he arrived in December when we were bottom of L1 and steered us to mid table safety.

They’re as thick as shit.

Yes bit he was allowed a little bit of what Wally would never give him.....................a bit of cash !

• Like 2