IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

36 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While I agree that players make the job much, much harder in every respect, I still think standards have dropped. I've seen some baffling decisions this year that were nothing to do with the players. I understand there is a lack of Refs at all levels, and that must impact at the higher end eventually. The "cream" rises , but that just means if you're not quite as shit as the next bloke , by default you're the best. 
The Prem will benefit from VAR next year, love it or hate it it should stop diving and play acting as long as the Powers that be have the backbone to come down hard on the fakers. Hopefully that will have a trickle down effect. That plus the condemnation of abuse of Refs starting out, even at junior level , may help more to come into the game and so raise standards. 
In the mean time , I will continue to berate every Ref that has the temerity to give a free kick against us , or not to flag every goal against us offside. :yes:

This is my biggest bugbear. I was heavily involved in junior football when my lad played, and still watch a fair bit. The 'Respect' campaign, which started when I was still involved, is a nonsense. Putting the parents behind a bit of tape marking off the pitch and making the players all shake hands like they do on the telly, doesn't stop people berating 13 year old referees for giving -perceived- incorrect decisions. It's embarrassing and the only way it will stop is if enough sensible people tell the loudmouths to shut the **** up :)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As manager? I suspect it will be the Newport bloke, Flynn. Call me an old cynic, but the recent announcement that the board have spent a lot of money investigating a new stadium site, which has fallen through (stop laughing at the back) is their way of saying there is no money (tell us something we didn't know) and of all the candidates I would imagine Flynn would be the cheapest option salary wise, and also would be happy/settle for working with the squad we have got. Or even possibly Robbie Fowler, he doesn't care about the money he earns, he just desperately wants to get into management and the board would know that he would create a media buzz. 

To be fair to Flynn, I am not saying he would be a bad appointment, just that he would probably be the cheapest one. He has done well at Newport and in many ways would be a similar appointment to Darrell Clarke, who certainly gave us more good times than bad, Personally I would prefer Cotterell, but I don't think he would come to us and it is apparent that many of our support don't want him.

Could be a bit short-sighted going on past loyalties - when John Ward joined us in ‘97 I’m sure there were a fair few City unhappy given his Gash connections but he managed to sort out the absolute state of our team that Jordan had gotten us into and somehow clinch a playoff place then won promotion in his first full season.

Cotts is a very good lower leagues manager and would probably do a decent job so if the “Rag Ass Rovers” myth prevents him from turning things around at the Mem then it’s a great pity. ;)

9 hours ago, MC26 said:

It's not just about the red cards either - penalties are the worst. 

About 9-10 years ago, one of my gashead colleagues used to always have a joke about it. He used to say that as they had no one that could actually shoot, their strikers would spend 90% of their time on the ball running around in the penalty area until they got fouled. 

I seem to remember that Lewis Haldane seemed  to win a penalty every other game

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

This is my biggest bugbear. I was heavily involved in junior football when my lad played, and still watch a fair bit. The 'Respect' campaign, which started when I was still involved, is a nonsense. Putting the parents behind a bit of tape marking off the pitch and making the players all shake hands like they do on the telly, doesn't stop people berating 13 year old referees for giving -perceived- incorrect decisions. It's embarrassing and the only way it will stop is if enough sensible people tell the loudmouths to shut the **** up :)

My  boys played in the top division in the Hanham minor league then the Avon youth league and parents on the sideline were nothing but embarrassing 

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Could be a bit short-sighted going on past loyalties - when John Ward joined us in ‘97 I’m sure there were a fair few City unhappy given his Gash connections but he managed to sort out the absolute state of our team that Jordan had gotten us into and somehow clinch a playoff place then won promotion in his first full season.

Cotts is a very good lower leagues manager and would probably do a decent job so if the “Rag Ass Rovers” myth prevents him from turning things around at the Mem then it’s a great pity. ;)

The big difference between now and then was

the internet 

Facebook and social media 

fans forums

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

It will be one of the big 6, after they've lost.....bacha !

Yep undoubtedly. You can see it, Chelsea or whoever have made all their subs and have their keeper sent off incorrectly with 15 to go and go on to let a couple in which costs them a Champions League place. Their lawyers would be all over it like a rash.

Yet more delusion from the morons.

Blaming SL because they can’t seem to build a stadium, then goes onto say that because Rovers can FILL a stadium they also deserve one, can probably count on 1 hand how many times they’ve actually sold out for a game at the dump, where does the bullshit and delusion end :facepalm:

The answer to your question tho Saggie, something that you fail to mention in your dribbling rant IS MONEY, something you have nothing of.

Look, I am sure they want to build a new ground but are up against what the last board failed to achieve, and the board before that.

We’ve always had “plans” but they never, ever come up economically viable.

Why is this, when so many other clubs achieved it?

Is it the debt? Is it this millstone making all plans economically unviable?

Is it the local council? Who are well known to support the other team and not be friendly to our interests?

Is it anything to do with the fact our rivals have one of the most powerful men in Britain behind them and has shown he has a petty and vindictive hate of us?

It’s one of these reasons or a combination I am sure.

Whatever the weather, it is highly suspicious why a development project like rovers - a club who CAN get the fans in to fill a stadium, cannot get one. Even tiny, rubbish clubs have managed it, not us.  

The mem redevelopment has never been viable. Neither was Ashton gate but they have a man who cares more about their club than money, and that’s a rare thing. Sad even so, given half of their fans care more about money than their club and want their money back any time they aren’t promoted.

There is something fishy about why we never seem to get anywhere getting a ground and these questions must be answered. I can’t see how 3 motivated regimes can fail plus all these “experts” can’t get anywhere.

If it’s the debt then we will always be in this position; unless some miracle manager gets us to the prem. fat chance

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/7945/statement?page=2#ixzz5acwtnkmE

Edited by BCFC11
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet more delusion from the morons.

Blaming SL because they can’t seem to build a stadium, then goes onto say that because Rovers can FILL a stadium they also deserve one, can probably count on 1 hand how many times they’ve actually sold out for a game at the dump, where does the bullshit and delusion end :facepalm:

Look, I am sure they want to build a new ground but are up against what the last board failed to achieve, and the board before that.

We’ve always had “plans” but they never, ever come up economically viable.

Why is this, when so many other clubs achieved it?

Is it the debt? Is it this millstone making all plans economically unviable?

Is it the local council? Who are well known to support the other team and not be friendly to our interests?

Is it anything to do with the fact our rivals have one of the most powerful men in Britain behind them and has shown he has a petty and vindictive hate of us?

Whatever the weather, it is highly suspicious why a development project like rovers - a club who CAN get the fans in to fill a stadium, cannot get one. Even tiny, rubbish clubs have managed it, not us.  

The mem redevelopment has never been viable. Neither was Ashton gate but they have a man who cares more about their club than money, and that’s a rare thing. Sad even so, given half of their fans care more about money than their club and want their money back any time they aren’t promoted.

There is something fishy about why we never seem to get anywhere getting a ground and these questions must be answered. I can’t see how 3 motivated regimes can fail plus all these “experts” can’t get anywhere.

If it’s the debt then we will always be in this position; unless some miracle manager gets us to the prem. fat chance

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/7945/statement?page=2#ixzz5acwtnkmE

You really couldn`t make it up could you?

Well, you could as demonstrated above clearly! I wonder if this bloke has a tinfoil hat.

52 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yes, yes...of course....it’s all Steve Lansdowns fault.

Idiots

As for filling stadiums, if they actually filled their tiny ground once in a while the AlQs might be more prepared to stump up the cash to get it sorted, even if It was just increasing the capacity of the Mem. Home crowds below 7000 in League 1 wouldn’t make me bust a gut to get a 20k+ stadium anytime soon if I was in charge of the finances. They are no better than the “tiny, rubbish clubs” this arrogant Sag talks about.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I thought they could, that's what happened to Bailey Wright at Fulham last season...

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

That was my thought after I posted. I bet they don`t though, they seem to have forgotten about those rules now just like they always do.

They can do it only if it results in a red card for the opposition, or if they get a penalty.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You really couldn`t make it up could you?

Well, you could as demonstrated above clearly! I wonder if this bloke has a tinfoil hat.

MEDICATION TIME!

This just underlines everything that is wrong with that moronic club.

They think they are better than most in that division whereas in reality most conference clubs have a better set up.

Blaming it on everything or everyone else. I'm surprised hey haven't blamed the council for putting millions into the Metro Bus rather than provide a facility for them.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE

No one, not even the fake fekirs who own you gives a flying ***k about your Tin pot club or your quirky kit.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

There are two types of Gasheads in my experience. One group who are totally thick, gullible, the likeable village idiot. The sort you must have been drinking with today.

The other group are up themselves, full of shit, arrogant, smarmy assholes to make up for their inferiority complex.

Since the meal this evening(Ham Egg and Chips festive I Know) I have been finishing the wine on my own um um err oh bugger

I agree with them, you really do have to ask why the soon to be Barca of League 2 (again)/World Boob Cricket Champions are unable to secure a decent stadium.......and then after a second or two just get on with the rest of your day.

After all “tiny, rubbish clubs can manage it”..........it’s the respect they show these clubs that make them the most loved set of fans in the country?

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

. . . And completely deluded if they think they're a rival to us. They should be more realistic and look at Forest Green as a rival.

No; scrub that, they are a well run modern club & have a modern stadium with good facilities, live within their means and a chairman who backs his club & puts his money behind the club.

That's nothing like the sags.

It'll have to be swindle, they're just as deluded as the sags, they were once in the Premier League which of course makes them the biggest club in the South West, as they'll always tell you.

• Like 2