IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, BS3City said:

So our cup run unfortunately comes to an end this afternoon against Premier League Wolves. Cue delirious sister shagging north of the river as the Blue Few celebrate wildly...

If only we were laughing at our neighbours who were in the 5th round of the FA Cup in front of 25k and on TV as well, whilst sitting 5th from bottom of League one without a pot to p1ss in.....

This was their biggest game since we played Man City and United...

We did ourselves proud today in that second half. No shame whatsoever losing narrowly to a good Premiership side. Wolves fans on their forum full of praise for us, some saying we’re better than several teams they’ve played in the top flight this year, others saying they think we should be serious contenders for promotion.

Let the sad Sagheads sit in the shadows and mock, it’s all they’ve ever done. No wonder no one takes them seriously with their tents and shit support ?

Mind the Gap

8416A334-C258-4F64-825E-635D50BD7787.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We did ourselves proud today in that second half. No shame whatsoever losing narrowly to a good Premiership side. Wolves fans on their forum full of praise for us, some saying we’re better than several teams they’ve played in the top flight this year, others saying they think we should be serious contenders for promotion.

Let the sad Sagheads sit in the shadows and mock, it’s all they’ve ever done. No wonder no one takes them seriously with their tents and shit support ?

Mind the Gap

As usual POHH the voice of fact and reason.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Desperate fools. Trying to take the piss out of a club who just lost in front over 24k to a very good side . That’s how far they are behind 

They are so far behind they are stuck in the 70's with that dump of a ground, lack of any infrastructure, no training facilities, and the tiny attendances.

An irrelevance.

Anyway, they'll be without a ground again soon enough as it's allegedly being touted around for development.

Tick tock Pikeys  :sub:

54 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

They are so far behind they are stuck in the 70's with that dump of a ground, lack of any infrastructure, no training facilities, and the tiny attendances.

An irrelevance.

Anyway, they'll be without a ground again soon enough as it's allegedly being touted around for development.

Tick tock Pikeys  :sub:

They'd love to go back to the 70s.  They had a better team and a better ground than they've got now.

Edited by Southstandoriginal
  • Like 1

Taken from Asschat......

Yep sorry - sh** out and their unbeaten run over. Expect their chavs to cause trouble outside now
Middlesbrough win in championship as well so sh** down to 6th

???

How’s they lemons Saggies? Bitter much?? Down to 6th now lads, don’t know about you lot but I’m truly gutted how we’ve dropped to as low as 6th. 

Johnson Out. FTG

14 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Taken from Asschat......

Yep sorry - sh** out and their unbeaten run over. Expect their chavs to cause trouble outside now

???

How’s they lemons Saggies? Bitter much?? Down to 6th now lads, don’t know about you lot but I’m truly gutted how we’ve dropped to as low as 6th. 

Johnson Out. FTG

I wonder whether the 15ers clocked our big TV screens? That's what they look like saggies. Have yours turned up yet? Didn't think so.

So we've fallen to a disastrous 6th place in the Championship, still a play off place right? 2pts ahead of Frank Lampard's Derby County and 6pts ahead of Martin O'Neill's Nottingham Forest. 9pts and 2 games in hand on the mighty Villa, 9pts and a game in hand on Hull & Swansea (former PL), 13pts and 2 games in hand on Nathan Jones' Stoke (former PL). 24,000+ crowd for a televised FA Cup 5th round game against a team 7th in the PL, who put out Liverpool in 3rd round (something we share..). Shaded possession overall along with attempts and shots on target and bossed the 2nd half 65/35, just lacking a little bit of true quality in the final 3rd. 10pts off leaders Norwich with 2 games in hand. Previously 15 games unbeaten in all competitions and 9 straight wins. 4 goals conceded in 9 games.

Truly is a shitty time being a Gashead.

Mind The Gap!!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Taken from Asschat......

???

Johnson Out. FTG

He’s right, we are only the 26th best club in England and Wales at the moment.

Whereas his club are coming for us. Any day now. I’m sure they are coming. Right there look, they are coming. #ticktock

6 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

He’s right, we are only the 26th best club in England and Wales at the moment.

Whereas his club are coming for us. Any day now. I’m sure they are coming. Right there look, they are coming. #ticktock

I noticed they made another foray into the drop zone yesterday, only to bob back up like a foetid turd when Oxford conceded late on.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

So we've fallen to a disastrous 6th place in the Championship, still a play off place right? 2pts ahead of Frank Lampard's Derby County and 6pts ahead of Martin O'Neill's Nottingham Forest. 9pts and 2 games in hand on the mighty Villa, 9pts and a game in hand on Hull & Swansea (former PL), 13pts and 2 games in hand on Nathan Jones' Stoke (former PL). 24,000+ crowd for a televised FA Cup 5th round game against a team 7th in the PL, who put out Liverpool in 3rd round (something we share..). Shaded possession overall along with attempts and shots on target and bossed the 2nd half 65/35, just lacking a little bit of true quality in the final 3rd. 10pts off leaders Norwich with 2 games in hand. Previously 15 games unbeaten in all competitions and 9 straight wins. 4 goals conceded in 9 games.

Truly is a shitty time being a Gashead.

Mind The Gap!!

It's always been shitty being a sag.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Presumably an invite to their next dinner/dance is winging it`s way to Ivan Cavaleiro as we speak. Move over Dean Windass, there`s a new kid in town.

Difference being, Cavaleiro has probably never heard of them and is in no need of the £100 they could pay him to attend a shitty little do in Kingswood or wherever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

The highest the Sags have EVER finished is 6th in the second tier. Which they managed in 1956 and 1959.

So it’s rather amusing that they are laughing at us being in a position that they haven’t EVER bettered and haven’t even equalled for 60 years. :rofl2br:

Plus, they've not had a 10k plus average attendance for 44 years and during that time has dipped to 3.2k.

Irrelevant and deluded half wits.

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Difference being, Cavaleiro has probably never heard of them and is in no need of the £100 they could pay him to attend a shitty little do in Kingswood or wherever.

What are you saying? Don`t you know they`re one of, if not the, most well known clubs in the world with their unique kit, iconic badge and friendly family reputation. Ivan probably grew up supporting them. I expect he asked for a shirt in da famous quarterzzzz for Christmas to impress his school friends.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

What are you saying? Don`t you know they`re one of, if not the, most well known clubs in the world with their unique kit, iconic badge and friendly family reputation. Ivan probably grew up supporting them. I expect he asked for a shirt in da famous quarterzzzz for Christmas to impress his school friends.

He'd end up with a shirt with 'Vauxhall Cavalier' on it......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Mind the Gap

This can't be right....it says that Nichols scored. He never scores.

• Haha 1

I’ve just stumbled on the other gasheads forum and some numpty has said ‘the media haven’t realised that the Bristol team they are giving plaudits to isn’t actually Bristol rovers.’

I shit you not, unbe-bloody- lievable  arrogance from the pikey, crappy little club!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I’ve just stumbled on the other gasheads forum and some numpty has said ‘the media haven’t realised that the Bristol team they are giving plaudits to isn’t actually Bristol rovers.’

I shit you not, unbe-bloody- lievable  arrogance from the pikey, crappy little club!

Is that for real?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Where's this?

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Dear oh dear....it gets worse......comments on SL

I now try, very hard, not to feel hatred for anyone and because it changes nothing but makes me ill. In his case though, I make an exception as he has shown not just a venomous side but it’s patently obvious he truly wants us gone. 
The ? wouldn’t know what to do if we ceased to exist. I never cease to be further shocked by their obsession with us & even when they are doing well. 
I wonder if he understands that he would not get a seachange of support, not from us older lot anyway ? He will, however, continue to have a clear run at the younger support. 
? fans would do well to understand that this is a fickle man and, having turned coat on us, you just could never be certain of his continued backing.”

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/8045/academy-rumour?page=1#ixzz5fpiayd6Z

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ahh, I see it now (thanks to Redraws link)

What the bellend is saying, is that the media is confusing us with them when they talk about a ‘rags to riches’.

1) They have no ‘rags to riches’ about their club. The Al Qadis took over in 2016 and they went from rags to rags, but only after the ******* idiots told everyone they were now the 6th richest club in the country ?

2) We went to the brink in 1982, we were close to completely going under, we survived in the face of odds they can only dream of. Had it been them they’d have sunk without a trace. 

We now find ourselves 35 years later with a Premiership ready stadium, crowds of 20k+, top six in the Championship having just gone 15 games unbeaten. We’ve done more in the last 3 decades than they’ve done since 1883. Our owner has proven time and time again that he is willing to put his money where his mouth is. Instead of sitting around like Gasheads moaning about how hard done by we are we just get on with things. We have proper ambition and a club to be proud of.

There is a certain element of rags to riches in that. But of course they just can’t handle it when people talk about us in a positive light and completely forget they exist.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Is that for real?

Gregory Stevens

Gregory Stevens Avatar

Academy rumour Feb 3, 2019 at 1:26pm via mobile kingswood Polak, TaiwanGas, and 2 more like this
Post Options

Post by Gregory Stevens on Feb 3, 2019 at 1:26pm

Come on lad, all the prem teams have one don’t you know ?

I'll bet Lansdown doesn't have one that he charges to 1982.

OK, they aren't a PL team, yet, but Lansdown will carry on chucking money at it until they are. Makes me feel quite unwell, but that's the reality of it.

After years of them smashing up our ground, burning it down, chasing our players off the pitch. 

Biggest bunch of assholes on the planet and they s*** a golden egg.

If it was a usual rivalry, fair enough, but they have been a really vile bunch over the years.

Still, nobody will recognise this. Some media people don’t realise they are not Bristol Rovers and give them the “rags to riches” tag, despite the fact they’ve had a revolving door of money men for decades and their current asshole in chief is one of the richest men in the UK, who has bought them to where they are, and a lot of clubs have gone places on a fraction of what he’s invested

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/8045/academy-rumour?page=2#ixzz5fprn9vxL

• Haha 3