IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Patchway, Little Stoke, Banjo.

Definitely not Hanham St George Mangotsfield or Yate They may have the edge in those locations although you would be hard pressed to see physical evidence of the fact..

Keynsham absolutely not.

Patchway (Gas), Horfield (Gas), Eastville (Gas), Staple Hill (Gas), Fishponds (Gas), Kingswood (Gas), Cadbury Heath/Banjo (Gas), Yate (Gas)

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

Can confirm it is at best (from a sag perspective) 50:50 in those two areas. With lots of building in the area I think it's been 'invaded' by reds.

In my experience Kingswood is still heavily Rovers to be fair.

Kingswood definitely is not, you may see a few saddos wearing da famous quarterz but pretty much guaranteed to be the age of 50+. The old school Sags from years ago who still live here are obviously still around, but there are a lot more 18-30 year olds who are mainly City - and there were definitely a lot more City fans 20 years ago than what many would be led to believe.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

When I was a kid there were certainly more rovers. At Kingsfield School in the 80s I'd say 70/30 rovers at least. 

At Kingsfield about 10 years ago it was more like 60/40 City- or at least in the people I knew.

That said, there were more who supported a Premier League side than either Bristol club.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Judging by latest Gaslogic estimates (ie 15k in League 1, more if they were chasing play offs), but only if they had a nice ground mind, I’m afraid us Teds are hugely outnumbered all over Bristol..........

I think you have to aknowledge their point though. 

IF they had a new ground, training facilities and were doing well in the Championship. 

It’s a bit like IF a flying saucer full of aliens abducted me, whilst I was riding around on the Moon, on my half pig ?, half gorilla ?, that’s fluent in Japanese, Italian, German and English, of course..! At the same time as Rachel Riley was atomised out of the TV and sent through the air in a billion little pieces (Charlie & the chocolate factory style) and also ended up being transported to that very same spot on the Moon, then there would be a chance that her and I would live together in harmony, fall in love and she’d be my sex slave for all eternity, whilst neither of us ever aged. 

You make it sound like these things aren’t ever likely to happen..! 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

IF they had a new ground, training facilities and were doing well in the Championship. 

It’s a bit like IF a flying saucer full of aliens abducted me, whilst I was riding around on the Moon, on my half pig ?, half gorilla ?, that’s fluent in Japanese, Italian, German and English, of course..! At the same time as Rachel Riley was atomised out of the TV and sent through the air in a billion little pieces (Charlie & the chocolate factory style) and also ended up being transported to that very same spot on the Moon, then there would be a chance that her and I would live together in harmony, fall in love and she’d be my sex slave for all eternity, whilst neither of us ever aged. 

You got more chance of Mavis Riley.....

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Happened for me with Rach (as I call her) just without the Moon, pig/gorilla and TV thing. Neither of us is ageing either. Happy days. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

B90DDDFC-DB16-4883-A310-8E88A3D6FC23.jpeg

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Look at it like this.. They can’t compete with us on any other level... so the only thing they can do is offer reach arounds to fans from clubs that we have both faced recently in hope that they get some praise!! The fact of the matter is Sunderland fans don’t give a shit about rovers to them it was let’s just give the little club some praise because in truth they probably felt embarrassed for them 

Probably, there certainly would’ve been an element of sympathy having seen their shit ground.

Whilst they wear that sympathy like a badge of honour, we were praised all over social media last season by football fans nationwide who where massively impressed by our club, stadium and support. Many comments about how they were happy that a ‘proper club’ with ‘proper, passionate fans’ were taking on and competing with Premiership sides in the League Cup.

Didn’t see much evidence of all this hate that everyone apparently has for City. 

What Sagheads don’t get is that people feel sorry for them so they tell them things that they think they want to hear...because they feel sorry for them. The reality is that most people around the country don’t actually give a toss about either Bristol club. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've had the very same dream!!

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What Sagheads don’t get is that people feel sorry for them so they tell them things that they think they want to hear...

Image result for kids bad drawings

Dat is a lovely pickture dat you've drawn der, Graham but you really need to get off and take dem lads fer training.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wood_red said:

Kingswood definitely is not, you may see a few saddos wearing da famous quarterz but pretty much guaranteed to be the age of 50+. The old school Sags from years ago who still live here are obviously still around, but there are a lot more 18-30 year olds who are mainly City - and there were definitely a lot more City fans 20 years ago than what many would be led to believe.

Kingswood is Gas.

I can remember seeing a photo from their open top bus trip, and the fan was definitely there. Dressed as a postman oddly, but I am pretty sure their fan was there in the distance.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Kingswood is Gas.

I can remember seeing a photo from their open top bus trip, and the fan was definitely there. Dressed as a postman oddly, but I am pretty sure their fan was there in the distance.

Correct Rob. Why do an open top bus tour of Kingswood if it’s a City area?.....Then again.....

1722B08C-5B29-4AF8-A42F-1429FC0F7714.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably, there certainly would’ve been an element of sympathy having seen their shit ground.

Whilst they wear that sympathy like a badge of honour, we were praised all over social media last season by football fans nationwide who where massively impressed by our club, stadium and support. Many comments about how they were happy that a ‘proper club’ with ‘proper, passionate fans’ were taking on and competing with Premiership sides in the League Cup.

Didn’t see much evidence of all this hate that everyone apparently has for City. 

What Sagheads don’t get is that people feel sorry for them so they tell them things that they think they want to hear...because they feel sorry for them. The reality is that most people around the country don’t actually give a toss about either Bristol club. 

The snorters are squabbling...

IT means 'that as far as respect from fans of other clubs is concerned Rovers are by far the richer club compared to our 'cash' rich neighbors, in other words they hold us in far greater esteem than City,that plain enough for you? i will delete 'every' Gas head , and insert'most Gas heads.there ,just like Tesco's,always happy to help

Based on what ffs ?

Some happy Northern monkey .

I would say that unless clubs come across us on a regular basis they won't have an opinion either way. Of course the sh** took 4 points off Sunderland last season so not likely any love there.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that if we won on Saturday, the platitudes from Mackems would have been so numerous ? Its like some silly City lady gardens bragging about how Man City fans were going "wow" at their support at the Etihad last season.

I expect if City ended up playing Wycombe or Oxford next season in the cup, smashed them and then praised their fans, they would receive the same bollocks from them.

Get a grip. Trying to claim the EFL loves us more than the sh** based on the pissed up comments of a few away fans is absolutely braindead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

The snorters are squabbling...

IT means 'that as far as respect from fans of other clubs is concerned Rovers are by far the richer club compared to our 'cash' rich neighbors, in other words they hold us in far greater esteem than City,that plain enough for you? i will delete 'every' Gas head , and insert'most Gas heads.there ,just like Tesco's,always happy to help

Based on what ffs ?

Some happy Northern monkey .

I would say that unless clubs come across us on a regular basis they won't have an opinion either way. Of course the sh** took 4 points off Sunderland last season so not likely any love there.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that if we won on Saturday, the platitudes from Mackems would have been so numerous ? Its like some silly City lady gardens bragging about how Man City fans were going "wow" at their support at the Etihad last season.

I expect if City ended up playing Wycombe or Oxford next season in the cup, smashed them and then praised their fans, they would receive the same bollocks from them.

Get a grip. Trying to claim the EFL loves us more than the sh** based on the pissed up comments of a few away fans is absolutely braindead.

Obviously one of us, as he talks too much sense....