IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

57 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/13889/jester-official-sunderland-matchday-thread?page=10                              Reality is striking.

It feels already like we’re down so if we stay up that’s a positive otherwise we’ve got a good vote for next season.

The game on Tuesday was a real battle and imo the players looked exhausted at the end - perhaps that is some of the reason for today?
What is worrying is that we have Sat/Tues matches all through March so the players are going to be tested

Talks like their fitness levels are not high enough; that is down to the coaching staff and is a big worry if true. ?

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Their fixtures in March;

Home    Blackpool, Luton & Charlton

Away     Plymouth, Doncaster, Scunthorpe and Gillingham

I can`t see them getting too many points from that lot.

#comingforusjustveryslowly

I can see them getting 8-10 points out of those 7 games, which would be decent enough for them. Hopefully you are right and also hopefully Sunderland deprive them of Wembley, just do we don’t have to hear all about it. 

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can see them getting 8-10 points out of those 7 games, which would be decent enough for them. Hopefully you are right and also hopefully Sunderland deprive them of Wembley, just do we don’t have to hear all about it. 

That's generous Bar BS3, I reckon 1 home win and a couple of away draws, mind you my football betting this season has been abysmal so they will probably win them all !!!

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

That's generous Bar BS3, I reckon 1 home win and a couple of away draws, mind you my football betting this season has been abysmal so they will probably win them all !!!

Hopefully I’m being cautiously generous towards them. 

Zero points and a semi final defeat would be a very pleasant March..! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Shakespeare couldn’t have put it better.

Indeed, this was the Bards effort:

We blue few, we happy blue few, we band of boob cricketers;
For here to-day them "sheds" in the ground with me
Shall be my excuse; be they ever so vile,
This day shall bring no further points;
And gentlemen in Guernsey now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here to invest,
And hold their plastic franchise cheap whilst we are the famous blue and white and have family friendly fans
Who fought with us upon horse punching day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Indeed, this was the Bards effort:

We blue few, we happy blue few, we band of boob cricketers;
For here to-day them "sheds" in the ground with me
Shall be my excuse; be they ever so vile,
This day shall bring no further points;
And gentlemen in Guernsey now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here to invest,
And hold their plastic franchise cheap whilst we are the famous blue and white and have family friendly fans
Who fought with us upon horse punching day.

Calling it out as fake on two counts:

1. Not written in iambic pentameter

2. I understand it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can’t see them getting anything against Luton or Charlton and perhaps a draw at Gillingham

4 points and firmly entrenched in the relegation zone 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I can’t see them getting anything against Luton or Charlton and perhaps a draw at Gillingham

4 points and firmly entrenched in the relegation zone 

I reckon they might beat Blackpool at home and maybe scab draws at Scunny and Gills. Nothing from any of the others though so five points from 21 should keep them in the bottom four hopefully.

I see a few of them over at delusion central are saying that if Coventry get thrown out the league will only relegate three sides. What they seem to forget though is that all Cov`s results would be deleted and the s*gs actually beat them so they`d lose three points! I think it was something like 3-0 as well so their GD takes a hit too - win/win!

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

They'll stay up. You know it, I know it.

The day they went non league was hilarious. We won't see them relegated again.

Changing the subject slightly. I haven't had a result from the bookies all season.

No they won’t. As clueless and totally overrated as he was Clarke was still the ‘best’ thing they had, but the fewers (most of them) wanted him gone. They got their wish, but then the circus running that amateur outfit decided it’ll be a splendid idea to give Cockman a 2 1/2 contract after impressing them after 5 games :facepalm: they’ve got no pissing hope with that Gypo in charge, he’s the bloke who thinks they don’t need new facilities, and in the week talking before their Portsmouth game he told reporters ‘its championship football isn’t it’

Be it Owners, board members, staff, players, and of course the loyal and true, everyone associated with that club are the most deluded, bullshitting people to walk this earth.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, 22A said:

A new ground idea for accommodating the gas hordes;

Faroe+Islands+188.jpg

Should they ever climb higher than their current status;

00000764.jpg?w=816

The tent pitching capacity is huge, does away with the restrictions of Horefield. The flagpoles offer a simple “big screen mounting solution” - tie it on with baler twine! Good Severnside/welsh hills site solution!

Given the way these things seem to work these days, in joining the Cock’s coaching staff (sic) Joe Dunne effectively becomes the next g*s manager ‘in-waiting’. That he is prepared to undertake the role on an internship speaks volumes to me. Wally’s long term aim is clearly to return the club, one job at a time, to ametuer status. Everything else being in place he now only needs to stop paying the first team squad for the club’s idealistic morally pure Corinthian credentials to become apparent to all. 

• Like 3

I was watching EFL goals program and Plymouth are building a new stand the entire length of their pitch, with more seats than the whole of Chernoble. Exeter have built two stands at their ground but the 15ers still claim that only them and Spurs are doing any substancial ground improvements. Since when has a big screen bracket been more substantial than a Stand ?  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fatchers said:

I was watching EFL goals program and Plymouth are building a new stand the entire length of their pitch, with more seats than the whole of Chernoble. Exeter have built two stands at their ground but the 15ers still claim that only them and Spurs are doing any substancial ground improvements. Since when has a big screen bracket been more substantial than a Stand ?  

.....and Brentford’s new stadium is coming on a treat (below) - but obviously the blue few lap up the guff that they are on a par with Spurs in terms of developing their tented village....

C9654566-8D5E-4B08-8F03-EB701FAB60BC.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Slagheads will be worming their way around groups of Sunderland fans drinking in pubs right about now.

”what did you think? We’re louder and more impressive than dey fuckkng SHITHEADS aren’t we??? Please say we are amazing, please...hey, we really hate Newcastle as well, tell us you love us, please, just say you like us more than dey FUCKKNG SHITHEADS!!! IVE GOT A KNIFE YOU KNOW...”

It worked.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/bristol-rovers-fans.1463415/page-1

36 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....and Brentford’s new stadium is coming on a treat (below) - but obviously the blue few lap up the guff that they are on a par with Spurs in terms of developing their tented village....

C9654566-8D5E-4B08-8F03-EB701FAB60BC.jpeg

Still looks tidier and more complete than the Mem..! 

5 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They kissed arse so much that they even sang gert ‘ted songs. Must be some very brown Sag noses about this morning....

93F71B25-8299-499D-97E9-326CC7AF0CD1.jpeg

“A couple” and “ALL” of them were gasheads. Looks like he’s already bought into their exaggerations, perfectly..! 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Looks like pretty standard stuff after a big club visit a smaller club in what is essentially the smaller clubs cup final. Man Utd and Man City were saying the same things about us last year. Difference being of course that we weren’t offering blow jobs outside the away end or in local pubs.

3 or 4 who seem to have a dislike for City. Apart from the Coventry game in 77 I can’t think what we’ve done to be so important to them? Although I suppose I can understand why a group of fans from the North East who are 2 divisions below their bigger, better supported local rivals would be sympathetic towards the Sags. 

Funny how the smaller teams they play every season don’t seem to come out with the same gushing praise. But then the ‘super loyal’ Gasheads only make an effort when visiting or hosting a big club.

The fact is, more BRISTOLIANS love City. Always been the case as historic attendances prove. They can have the sympathy vote, it doesn’t change the facts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Sunderland fans like the gas more than us? Ah well, I can live with that as I couldn't give a shit about them. IIRC, the Toon fans said the same about us both home and away so I know which club I prefer up there and guess what, it ain't Sunderland.

I only know one Sunderland fan, a fella called Rich who's a lovely bloke. He's ex army and married a Bristol girl many years ago and they settled up there. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

And thus the sychopantic love in commences....although it feels more like a patronising pat on the back or 'there there' to a small child who has tried but come up short..

Funny how the 'loyal and prowed' self confessed best supporters in the land weren't quite to accommodating to Oxford and Oldham and Swindon and Plymouth....and of course their best friends Wycombe. Hmmm.

We're Bristol City, no one likes us, we don't care! :rofl2br:

13 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

As clueless and totally overrated as he was Clarke was still the ‘best’ thing they had, but the fewers (most of them) wanted him gone. .

To be fair, go back four months and this forum was the same regarding LJ.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We are a L2 team with non league facilities, local league standard Chairman with Premiership loyal fans

Deary me . Premiership fans what a ******* deluded moron

Premiership fans, unless there's a cycling race on or it's raining, only 6,000 'Premiership loyal' fans can be arsed to turn up then but don't tell them sheeds!

Their season ticket sales might be interesting, for Premiership loyal fans. 

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sunderland fans like the gas more than us? Ah well, I can live with that as I couldn't give a shit about them. IIRC, the Toon fans said the same about us both home and away so I know which club I prefer up there and guess what, it ain't Sunderland.

Can’t imagine Newcastle fans leaving at half time, even when losing 3-0. We’ve had both Sunderland and Newcastle down here in the last couple of years and Newcastle were far better.

I think this post from ‘Grumpy Old Man’ demonstrates just how little Sunderland fans actually know about football in Bristol (either that or they’ve spent the evening listening to Gasheads bullshit). No mention of stealing the ground when the Rugby club were in dire financial straits (long before Lansdown arrived), Redevelopment plans Nimbied? ?

More like entered into an agreement with Sainsbury’s, failed to do things properly and had their pants pulled down as usual.

AE2DB9AA-09CB-4863-84DA-6E4C4B6A6D7D.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Thanks 1