IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Our place is historically one League below you, and it looks good for now. Love him or mock him, our manager seems to be doing a great job. Could it be three promotions in a row? Too early to guess, but we're on the up at last.

I'll mock him but then "Seems to be" is wrong. He IS doing a great job. 

My only concerns if I was a sag:

1) Will a bigger club take the manager next year

2) How much will we get for Taylor

3) What will our budget be for league one

4) Apart from the stadium, what are the plans for the youth, as while city are cat 2 anyone worthwhile can be poached untill parity is established.

**edit** I missed

5)  they 'gurt teds

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Our place is historically one League below you, and it looks good for now. Love him or mock him, our manager seems to be doing a great job. Could it be three promotions in a row? Too early to guess, but we're on the up at last.

Love it, still a long way to go in your promotion battle in the basement yet talking about 3 promotions in a row. I hope you sags never change.

I think though just like us in the championship this season League 1 will be too big of a step for you if/when you go up. Remember there's footballing giants like Southend and Fleetwood to play most weekends, not the likes of Woking and Dover that you're more use to ;)

• Like 3

Whatever happens and whater division we are in, it is at least possible to beleive a better future after Higgs nearly gambled it all away.

I am not taken in by the bluster and speculation of how much the Al Qadis are or arent worth, but they at least seem to come over a damn site more business savvy then.the last lot.

Hopefully we go up and with you lot safe in the championship things will be positive for football in Bristol at least. Maybe in the Rugby as well if they dont screw up again.

Hopefully we can.join you in the championship in the near future and not necessarily 3.promotions on the bounce

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Hello said:

Whatever happens and whater division we are in, it is at least possible to beleive a better future after Higgs nearly gambled it all away.

I am not taken in by the bluster and speculation of how much the Al Qadis are or arent worth, but they at least seem to come over a damn site more business savvy then.the last lot.

Hopefully we go up and with you lot safe in the championship things will be positive for football in Bristol at least. Maybe in the Rugby as well if they dont screw up again.

Hopefully we can.join you in the championship in the near future and not necessarily 3.promotions on the bounce

There's Probally more chance of you guy's seeing league 2 again than the Championship.... IMO!

• Like 1

2 consecutive promotions would be a good effort but I doubt they could make the next step.

If their owner really is as rich as they say he is there's no reason they can't be in the championship in the next few years. However if he's not they can slip right back where they came from!

It's going to be an interesting summer for both clubs. Both sets of fans will see whether their respective owners really are going for it as we have been made to believe.

11 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You havent been promoted this season yet and I'm sure Oxford, Accrington and Plymouth will have some kind of say.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, alexukhc said:
10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

2 consecutive promotions would be a good effort but I doubt they could make the next step.

If their owner really is as rich as they say he is there's no reason they can't be in the championship in the next few years. However if he's not they can slip right back where they came from!

It's going to be an interesting summer for both clubs. Both sets of fans will see whether their respective owners really are going for it as we have been made to believe

If I were gas (thank God I`m not) I would expect to see some tangible proof of the owner`s plans over the summer and by that I don`t mean a vague promise to build a car park. I`d want something definite regarding UWE like a signed contract with a contractor or at the very least to know that the job`s gone out to tender. I would begin to have serious doubts if I was still getting told it`ll be jam tomorrow come the start of next season. It won`t take long for Wally`s fan club to turn on him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hello said:

Time will tell regarding the true motives of the new owners. It may be as it seems and, from a Rovers perspective, all will be well. Unfortunately many clubs have been taken over by individuals and consortiums who promised much and delivered little. In some cases they have delivered less than little as, when they left, the club was in a worse state than when they took over. 

The key may be the new stadium. How many people know exactly what agreement is in writing between Rovers and UWE?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hello said:

Your full off BS mate, every one and I mean every one connected Bristol Rovers from the tea lady, fans, and Gas Heads who  work in the media , belived that your man was a mutli mutli billionaire, on the same level as the Man City owners and you all thought you will be in the prem in a few season and playing in the champions leauge.

As it turns out you still can't even afford to build your cheap souless bowl of a stadium at UWE but you might build a car park there in October. 

DC and the team as done well this season but he will not be the first to get promoted from the Conference and then go on toget promoted the following season to L1, it is a regular occurrence. 

If you do or don't get promoted this season will you have the biggest budget in L1 or L2 if not why not , after all he is the 6th richest man in the world, this is not me claiming this but your fans on national radio . Your fans made these claims on radio phone in and not once  did the local media the ex board or current board quash these rumours.

I went to birmingham last week for work and got chatting to some West Brom fans and they mention the Rovers take over by Billionaire Arabs  and how they are going to do a Man City, when I told them he is not as wealthy as first thought and they still can't affford to build thier new stadium, they did have a little chuckle. 

You have again became a laughing stock.

Edited by bs3
  • Like 6

Let's be honest I think they will go up now looking at their final 4 fixtures. The other teams seem to just be throwing automatic promotion away. Clarke and Rovers however have hit form when it matters so fair play to them you have to give credit where credit is due.

Long way to go for them to get to the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well if they get promoted into league one and spend a couple of mill then maybe he is what they see he is.

Also this UWE saga is so boring Imo if I were a rovers fan (thank the Lord I am not) I would have given up on the dream of having a brand new stadium.

Give it time mate, it's only been 5 years since the original announcement on the UWE. They'll be building a car park in about 6 months time, so things are obviously moving along nicely....

• Like 2

I think Darrell Clarke is off soon. Despite seeming a tit he has done remarkable over his time with them really. A rebuild and promotion and carried that through to the league above without much spend.

Unless Wael is going to really back them, and with SCMP he can't because of their poor income, Dopey would be wise to cash in on his raised profile.

There's no benefit to him in staying put and struggling - and if he predicts them doing well that would be a little churlish. For starters they've three big teams coming down, you imagine Peterborough will improve, perhaps Sheff Utd, Cov, Rochdale, Bradford and or Millwall/Walsall. Tough old league. 

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Let's be honest I think they will go up now looking at their final 4 fixtures. The other teams seem to just be throwing automatic promotion away. Clarke and Rovers however have hit form when it matters so fair play to them you have to give credit where credit is due.

Long way to go for them to get to the Championship.

Keep an eye on Pompey though. Hitting form at the right time and a game in hand. They should never have lost to Plymouth yesterday by all accounts but the old `dockyard derby` is always a tricky one to call and it does keep Argyle in the mix at least.

I still think they`re going up in auto though.:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Keep an eye on Pompey though. Hitting form at the right time and a game in hand. They should never have lost to Plymouth yesterday by all accounts but the old `dockyard derby` is always a tricky one to call and it does keep Argyle in the mix at least.

I still think they`re going up in auto though.:facepalm:

Pompey won't do it they've bottled it now imo. Oxford will go up with Rovers I think. The other lot are just so inconsistent and annoying. Plymouth especially.

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think Darrell Clarke is off soon. Despite seeming a tit he has done remarkable over his time with them really. A rebuild and promotion and carried that through to the league above without much spend.

Unless Wael is going to really back them, and with SCMP he can't because of their poor income, Dopey would be wise to cash in on his raised profile.

There's no benefit to him in staying put and struggling - and if he predicts them doing well that would be a little churlish. For starters they've three big teams coming down, you imagine Peterborough will improve, perhaps Sheff Utd, Cov, Rochdale, Bradford and or Millwall/Walsall. Tough old league. 

True but I can see MK going straight through to league 2, especially if Robinson goes. Charlton and probably Bolton should do OK though. Mid table is the best the blue few could achieve though IMO.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well if they get promoted into league one and spend a couple of mill then maybe he is what they see he is.

Also this UWE saga is so boring Imo if I were a rovers fan (thank the Lord I am not) I would have given up on the dream of having a brand new stadium.

I'm sure the nethanderals will be revolting of the idea their traditional almighty club might be spending a bit of money.

27 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Lets not forget a number of other clubs such as Barnsley,Port Vale, S****horpe, Bradford, Southend plus the relegated clubs and the promoted clubs will be playing them as well... all tough games so if Dopey and his dopier followers think they are going to do well/win promotion they could be in for a very rude awakening.. If they go up then I could see them struggling between 15th and one of the relegation spots, they should be looking to consolidate. They haven't been promoted yet but they seem to be talking like they are 8 or 9 points clear of the playoffs.

Yes their fixtures would be deemed easier but with those clubs literally have nothing to play for, it could be more nervy for the Gas. We seen yesterday that Boro in their promotion challenge were rattled against an already relegated Bolton who had nothing to play for

Edited by Dark Wood Covert

5 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Lets not forget a number of other clubs such as Barnsley,Port Vale, S****horpe, Bradford, Southend plus the relegated clubs and the promoted clubs will be playing them as well... all tough games so if Dopey and his dopier followers think they are going to do well/win promotion they could be in for a very rude awakening.. If they go up then I could see them struggling between 15th and one of the relegation spots, they should be looking to consolidate. They haven't been promoted yet but they seem to be talking like they are 8 or 9 points clear of the playoffs.

Yes their fixtures would be deemed easier but with those clubs literally have nothing to play for, it could be more nervy for the Gas. We seen yesterday that Boro in their promotion challenge were rattled against an already relegated Bolton who had nothing to play for

What are you trying to say? Are you suggesting they have delusions of grandeur? Surely not - I`ve never seen any evidence of them ever being anything but humble.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Don't forget Swindle. The only club to ever win a league in November. 

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

True but I can see MK going straight through to league 2, especially if Robinson goes. 

Much as they are unpopular as a club I think you are miles wide of the mark.

They are one of the better run clubs in the FL and although the Championship has proved to be too big a step up for them, they will be a force again in League One next year.

No debt, an excellent ground, successful youth academy and a chairman with a very good track record of managerial appointments, they will do well even if Robinson moves on.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 29AR said:

A remarkable tit?

I could see rovers 2 up final game of the season, pitch invasions after each goal naturally. But then in the last minute Dagenham pull a goal back, knocking rovers down to 4th on goal difference as Accrington crush Stevenage.

Cue another pitch invasion, interviews of how it's almost as bad a a dog dying, a horse being punched.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Much as they are unpopular as a club I think you are miles wide of the mark.

They are one of the better run clubs in the FL and although the Championship has proved to be too big a step up for them, they will be a force again in League One next year.

No debt, an excellent ground, successful youth academy and a chairman with a very good track record of managerial appointments, they will do well even if Robinson moves on.

I`m just going by the comments on their forum (I know, I know!) and most of them seem to be of the opinion that they over invest in the facilities and under invest in the squad (much like most fans I suppose). They keep on about not keeping Will Grigg at the end of last season - apparently he wanted to sign but they wouldn`t pay the fee - and seem to be hanging their hats on the fact that Real Madrid are interested in Dele Alli and they`d get a big wedge of sell on if he went.

They just seem more despairing than most relegated sides.

34 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Forgot about Swindle...

Gas and Swindle in the same league with all their delusions of grandeur... the universe could indeed collapse on itself :blink:

Speaking of Swindle I can see them tumbling down the leagues in a few seasons, they gave that completely useless coach a 5 year contract because he won a few games in a row :laugh:

Edited by Iron Man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

I could see rovers 2 up final game of the season, pitch invasions after each goal naturally. But then in the last minute Dagenham pull a goal back, knocking rovers down to 4th on goal difference as Accrington crush Stevenage.

Cue another pitch invasion, interviews of how it's almost as bad a a dog dying, a horse being punched.

And of course, we`d all be in the away end kicking off as usual.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

not even promoted from the basement and youre already talking about going up from league 1. you lot are utterly utterly deluded and laughable.

rearrange these words:

turd

polish

cant

a