IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

rivalry my a@^ 174 pages pages  on a 4th tier club its obsession go onto there site theres hardly anything about us on there.

Pathetic.

Clearly haven't looked before they were doing well in league 2 then. Someone made a screenshot of their most popular threads and posted it on here, we were mentioned in every one.

Whilst it is a forum and I accept opinions from anyone, calling people pathetic for posting is pretty low

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

When they went down from league 1 in what I think was 2001 they were rarely talked about, however their obsession with us increased.

Tannoy announcements when we lose about 30 songs about us and relegation parties etc. 

It seems since we got relegated with sod we start giving them s*** and they and think we are obsessed with them :laugh:!

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

13 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Our place is historically one League below you, and it looks good for now. Love him or mock him, our manager seems to be doing a great job. Could it be three promotions in a row? Too early to guess, but we're on the up at last.

Why not make it four promotions in a row with a Premier League win soon after? Soon after that you will be declared an international side and go on to beat Germany 15-0 in the World Cup final, before beating Mars 32-0 to become Solar System champions.

Or maybe you should actually get promotion from the basement before rubbing your mouths about future success? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Ciderhead433 said:

rivalry my a@^ 174 pages pages  on a 4th tier club its obsession go onto there site theres hardly anything about us on there.

Pathetic.

165 of those pages are just people like you moaning that the thread exists.

It's quite simple, if you don't like the thread, why post in it?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Its rivalry mate bore off

Yeah it's rivalry but some of the posts on this thread are cringe worthy. 

Some City fans (plenty on this thread) are genuinely trying to convince people that Rovers are just as worse off now then they were. Rubbish

OK, it's laughable that some think they are one of the richest clubs in the world, but they are clearly in a much better position financially then they were, and certainly much better financially now then a lot of teams in League 1 and League 2.

Watching some on here try to claw at anything to convince themselves this new owner is no good for the blue few, is at times....sad and pathetic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

I always knew they were a bit weird, but this is a new one on me. Do they actually do that?  :yes:

Yeah. They miss understood some northerners and thought they'd be able to get high using this method.

They wrongly assumed that doing this would give them a 'rave' type feeling.

Idiots.

Any fool knows that the northerners use MDMA before rubbing

#EeByGum 

#Tenuous 

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So true....so, so true

.....oh wait, no

Bore off mate

image.png

Yeah I prefer what we have, one thread for everything Rovers related. It's obvious it would be a large thread as it's just ongoing, and with the news of the stadium, new board, Sainsbury's etc there has been lots to talk about (as well as the usual digs, jokes and banter). No idea why people should be offended by one thread, it's not like they are forced to read or partake in it. I guess people have so much free time on their hands they just like to have a moan...

34 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Watching some on here try to claw at anything to convince themselves this new owner is no good for the blue few, is at times....sad and pathetic.

I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who find what others post sad and pathetic.

Difference is they don't make the effort to mock or slate what they say.

Don't post in the thread simple as that!

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who find what others post sad and pathetic.

Difference is they don't make the effort to mock or slate what they say.

Don't post in the thread simple as that!

Just trying to bring it some attention, that by being so petty...they are playing right into the Rovers fans hands who say "we are obsessed'

3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Pathetic.

Yes, we are so obsessed we have a live scoreboard of all rovers results, goals when they go in and tanoy announcements when rovers concede.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Some City fans (plenty on this thread) are genuinely trying to convince people that Rovers are just as worse off now then they were. Rubbish

OK, it's laughable that some think they are one of the richest clubs in the world, but they are clearly in a much better position financially then they were, and certainly much better financially now then a lot of teams in League 1 and League 2.

How many times have we seen the Gas and their threads slating Steve Lansdown? Even referring to him as 'Pantsdown'... that is sad and pathetic quite frankly, only thing which is ever more sad is they find it hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

How many times have we seen the Gas and their threads slating Steve Lansdown? Even referring to him as 'Pantsdown'... that is sad and pathetic quite frankly, only thing which is ever more sad is they find it hilarious. 

Funny how that`s gone quiet now they`ve sold out in the same way they always accused us of.

• Like 1

On 15 April 2016 at 14:13, Seventeen said:

Doesn't matter whether they are multinational or not to me. There was a article a few years back when we first did it about how we raised more in sponsorship than at the time premiership clubs Bolton and Wigan. Wigan were sponsored by 188Bet that year I believe and received £50,000, we were sponsored by N-Gaged(fix) and received £85,000. The main thing is that we raise a lot more than the majority if not all League 2 & 1 clubs by doing this and a lot more than if we sought out a individual sponsor directly. 

As for being sponsored by a boozer, you lot like laugh but it doesn't bother me. Local business that took their chance in the draw, at-least their logo looks decent on the shirts compared to some of the crap we've had in recent years!

Now being sponsored by Vanarama... it sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Bullshit,

if it raised more then established clubs then why aren't they all doing it?

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Funny how that`s gone quiet now they`ve sold out in the same way they always accused us of.

Yup, very principled proper club (apparently) until someone waved a £50 note in front of them... all that out of the window now. Makes all their slating of a rich owner even more embarrasing

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-land-big-cash-boost-shirt-sponsorship-draw/story-11242084-detail/story.html

I don't think an extra couple of thousand really matters to teams in the Prem, whether it be 2009 or 2016.

Ahh the evening post to back up your non point,

a comic strip in the beano would be better proof mate

Fair to say is it not that a significant minority of Rovers and City fans are obsessed about the other regardless of what might be written on this forum. That will never change. Neither will the fact the silent majority either could not really care less, have a cursory interest or would be quite happy if both teams did well.

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Is it clear they are better off though ?

I have seen no real sign of that yet.They seem not to be able to afford a Stadium without other investment.

No proof that any debt has been written off.

Perhaps Wally was expecting millions from Sainsbury ?

What makes you think they are better off financially ?

• Like 2

Been Rovers since 1975 when my dad took me to the first game of the season on his shoulders and stood on the open end. What I can say with the new owners is that they have for the time being, as it stands made us solvent. All I really want is for my three sons to have a team to be proud of and yes even if we don't go up this season whatever the "banana" skin might be, we love our team. We have our Rovers back!! Enjoy

Happy dazes

• Like 2