IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 hours ago, Hello said:

I guess football is all what if's, buts and maybes and clichés at the end of the day :)

What if Geoff Bradford never broke his leg (or was replaced) and Rovers got promoted to the 1st division, what if you had won the Championship play-off final.

Personally as I have said before I'd rather Rovers and City had a healthy rivalry as high up the divisions as possible. obviously that means success for both teams to  a degree.

By all means,I'm all for a bit of rivalry.. Feel free to join us in the Championship with your new ground..would be two great atmospheres, likely sellouts,bring it on..all you have to do is build the ground and come on up!...sure have no desire to play you blokes in league one.....just don't sadly see you getting here..

21 hours ago, Hello said:

I guess football is all what if's, buts and maybes and clichés at the end of the day :)

What if Geoff Bradford never broke his leg (or was replaced) and Rovers got promoted to the 1st division, what if you had won the Championship play-off final.

Personally as I have said before I'd rather Rovers and City had a healthy rivalry as high up the divisions as possible. obviously that means success for both teams to  a degree.

Love how you have to go back a mere 8 years for our last brush with promotion to the top flight.

gAss closest call...1959.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2016 at 14:04, Sydneybcfc said:

I take that to mean at the top level, our highest place is 2 so i assume that's 2nd in the highest division although i don't know what year we did.

And i take that means rovers highest ever finish is somewhere between 4th and 8th in the second division depending on how many got knocked off the prem when it was formed.

Was 1907 or 1909 wasn't it, with the other being our FA Cup runners up year

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

Just noticed who they've got last two games, the bottom already relegated two.

Dagenham beat Plymouth today and York beat Portsmouth Tuesday.

If I was a fewer (thank **** I ain't) I'd be a bit worried playing teams that will play with freedom.

Edited by Iron Man

I don't think it really matters now whether they do or not. We WILL be playing Aston Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Forest next season and possibly Newcastle or Sunderland.

They will at best be playing Walsall, Port Vale and Gillingham... and at worst, Forest Green, Morecambe or Braintree if they come up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, City169 said:

Why do Rovers always end up with Wycombe results having meaning (except last season of course). Wycombes final 2 games are against Accrington and Oxford, the teams in 2nd and 3rd.

Wycombe have no love for them and for once it`s not just the fans, I get the impression the whole club dislike them intensely. Hopefully a couple of strolls in the sunshine will be in order. After all, no-one wants to break a leg just before their holidays do they?

• Like 3

Sunday Times Rich List out today, and after a first glance I can't see Wael anywhere. 

Now bear in mind they do a world list too on the website you'd think such an important billionaire would feature??

Oh it's his families wealth is it?... That's alright then because my brother is a pilot for British Airways so I'll rock up to Heathrow in the morning and have a go at flying to New York. 

What a load of bollocks. 

Meanwhile on the subject of FACTS.....

New Channel Island billionaire on the Sunday Times Rich List
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-36112322

• Like 6

8 hours ago, BS5_RED said:

Annoyingly - I think they are going to get back to back promotions.

Urggghhh.

Console yourself with the fact that should they get promoted to League One they will be delighted about getting into a division we would be devastated to find ourselves in. 

It's worth keeping that in mind should they win promotion from the basement, because none of us will stop hearing about this achievement.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Sunday Times Rich List out today, and after a first glance I can't see Wael anywhere. 

Now bear in mind they do a world list too on the website you'd think such an important billionaire would feature??

Oh it's his families wealth is it?... That's alright then because my brother is a pilot for British Airways so I'll rock up to Heathrow in the morning and have a go at flying to New York. 

What a load of bollocks. 

Number 18 on that list is worth £110million. Win the Euromillions when it has spent a few weeks rolling over, move to Jersey and you can get yourself on the list.

Now I just need the correct numbers. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

They can win their last two games and still not get an auto spot. Accrington and Oxford just need to hold their nerves, which judging by the Plymouth result yesterday is not easy for players at that level..

Absolutely! Plymouth royally ****** it up yesterday, and the games that Accrington and Oxford have are not easy. How it pains me to say it but I think the Bellends are going to win their last 2 games (easily!) and go up, but we can live in hope they mess it up and like you say the others hold their nerves :fingerscrossed: Anyone daff enough to wear that stupid shirt (that brings me out in an anger rage when I see it:grr:) like the 2 nobheads I have the pleasure (not) to work with, deserve zero happiness in their sad life's :yes:

Even if they do somehow manage to get in the same division, or god forbid overtake us some day, for me the 16 years of hurt being in our shadows and the drop into non-league (the funniest day of my life for the 15ers, they don't like be called that:D) the mental scars and bitterness WILL never leave their minds, it's job done on their sad souls for Life :laugh:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6969/home-attendance-average

Love the one about the gas away following has improved all the attendance averages of all the teams they have played away. 

#gaslogic

:facepalm:

They really do believe their own hype, don't they.

" I don't think we would equall Pompey's gates, but I'm sure our average would be a lot higher if we had the capacity"

Yet didn't sell out yesterday!!

Congratulations to them though, on averaging over 8000 fans for the first time in 16 years...

#mahoosiveclub

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

What a load of bollocks. 

:laughcont:

26 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/6969/home-attendance-average

Love the one about the gas away following has improved all the attendance averages of all the teams they have played away. 

#gaslogic

:facepalm:

:laugh: Unable to sell out a game their manager called the biggest game of their season.. yet brag about their home support

Classic.

• Like 1