IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

35 minutes ago, Sniper said:

for me the 16 years of hurt being in our shadows and the drop into non-league (the funniest day of my life for the 15ers, they don't like be called that:D) the mental scars and bitterness WILL never leave their minds, it's job done on their sad souls for Life :laugh:

I was having a bit of 'banter' on the Post FB page a while back with a Gashead who was taking the piss out of our Championship season up to that point and I mentioned how funny their relegation from the entire football league was.....his response was that we weren't laughing for long as they got promoted back to the FL the following season.

It gave me great pleasure to burst his bubble and inform him that we will ALWAYS find their relegation to Non League funny no matter what happens now or in the future. :clapping:

Happy Dayzzzzz

image.jpg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, glynriley said:

They really do believe their own hype, don't they.

" I don't think we would equall Pompey's gates, but I'm sure our average would be a lot higher if we had the capacity"

Yet didn't sell out yesterday!!

Congratulations to them though, on averaging over 8000 fans for the first time in 16 years...

#mahoosiveclub

Proper w@@kfest going on over there this morning and no mistake

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

" I don't think we would equall Pompey's gates, but I'm sure our average would be a lot higher if we had the capacity"

Congratulations to them though, on averaging over 8000 fans for the first time in 16 years...

#mahoosiveclub

I wonder what their average gate could be if they had over 10k capacity, oh wait... :facepalm:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

#mahoosiveclub

But they took 26,000 to Wembley... ;)

8 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I don't think it really matters now whether they do or not. We WILL be playing Aston Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Forest next season and possibly Newcastle or Sunderland.

They will at best be playing Walsall, Port Vale and Gillingham... and at worst, Forest Green, Morecambe or Braintree if they come up!

You are right - We really shouldn't care....

But......then I remember my early teens pre/post 1990 (and hearing family stories of them trying to pinch the Gate in 82) and all logic goes out the window,

**** em.

• Like 5

I would prefer that they go up automatically.  Imagine if they go up by the playoffs, we'll never hear the end of two Wembley final wins in a row.  Plus we'll  have to put up with all their Barry in the lead up to the play off final about attendances etc,

if they don't go up they'll almost certainly dominate league 2 next year.  If they do go up the pressures on Wally to spend big, which will call his bluff.  I think they'll struggle in League 1, which in the longer term will be more fun for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

I would prefer that they go up automatically.  Imagine if they go up by the playoffs, we'll never hear the end of two Wembley final wins in a row.  Plus we'll  have to put up with all their Barry in the lead up to the play off final about attendances etc,

if they don't go up they'll almost certainly dominate league 2 next year.  If they do go up the pressures on Wally to spend big, which will call his bluff.  I think they'll struggle in League 1, which in the longer term will be more fun for us.

Been there, done that....

23 minutes ago, Malago said:

Yes, but how utterly spunktastic it would be if they lost at Wembley....preferably to injury time og.

• Like 1

Looks like it is full steam ahead for the new stadium ....

• currently trying to resolve "a few issues"
  • take their time to get the planning phase of the project right.
  • currently in talks with UWE
  • the possibility of building a "world-class" stadium
  • Rovers have yet to reveal whether they have plans to alter initial blueprints
  • make sure that we have everything we need in place before we start the implementation phase
  • There has been a few issues discovered that they are trying to resolve

What could possibly go wrong? ....answers on a postcard to Wally at The Mem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

• make sure that we have everything we need in place before we start the implementation phase

I have no idea whether Wael and co will build the stadium or not, but everything that has come out of the new regime seems to be that they are trying to sort out stuff that the last lot either hadn't sorted or were 'selling off SIlver within' the project in their desperation to build it

6 minutes ago, Hello said:

I have no idea whether Wael and co will build the stadium or not, but everything that has come out of the new regime seems to be that they are trying to sort out stuff that the last lot either hadn't sorted or were 'selling off SIlver within' the project in their desperation to build it

Which would confirm people's impression at the time: that Higgs was drinking in the last chance saloon having staked everything upon the new stadium. He was so blinkered about this mattering above all else that you even ended up in the conference. The pre-doomed legal challenges to Sainsburys were the last flounderings of a drowning man; sale was inevitable from the first lost legal judgement.

World class stadium eh? So what does that actually mean? You need something like 35-40k capacity to host a Europa League final, almost certainly double that for a Champions League final and the same again for International Tournament finals.

Have a look at the technical requirements from FIFA to reach what you would call "world class". We are talking Wembley, Nou Camp, Allianz Area etc etc. Ah but hold on, they have a guy who helped balls up make Wembley, so that's where it must come from.

2 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Same shit different week.

On 25/04/2016 at 10:04, Malago said:

I would prefer that they go up automatically.  Imagine if they go up by the playoffs, we'll never hear the end of two Wembley final wins in a row.  

Oh god this!  They have only just stopped banging on about how they won a trophy in 2006/07 whereas we didn't.  :facepalm:

Never mind that we finished 2nd in a higher league when they scrapped 6th, they got a tinpot trophy and so they are better. #gaslogic

32 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Oh god this!  They have only just stopped banging on about how they won a trophy in 2006/07 whereas we didn't.  :facepalm:

Never mind that we finished 2nd in a higher league when they scrapped 6th, they got a tinpot trophy and so they are better. #gaslogic

So which trophy did they win in 2006/07???

By my recollection they didn't win anything that year..