IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Some of ours- not me...we took 28k to wembley...are nowhere near the 6th richest club, there were no city at the mem v mansfield. So you see, we are not all deluded.

I did say some and they seem to be the ones who make the most noise about it. I have no doubt that the majority of yours are more realistic (and probably cringe when you hear it too) but if that few are going to shout it from the rooftops every chance they get they`ve got to expect to get some back - particularly when it`s so easy.

Incidentally, you seem like a good lad/lady who we can have a sensible conversation with on here. Perhaps if your side didn`t ban someone from their forum the minute they suspect they`re a gurt dirty ted we`d all have a bit more banter. It really does smack of insecurity.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did say some and they seem to be the ones who make the most noise about it. I have no doubt that the majority of yours are more realistic (and probably cringe when you hear it too) but if that few are going to shout it from the rooftops every chance they get they`ve got to expect to get some back - particularly when it`s so easy.

Incidentally, you seem like a good lad/lady who we can have a sensible conversation with on here. Perhaps if your side didn`t ban someone from their forum the minute they suspect they`re a gurt dirty ted we`d all have a bit more banter. It really does smack of insecurity.

Definately a bloke mate! I do think the vocal viral idiocy comes from the younger element of our support...personally as a 50 year old guy who did my fisticuffs/nonsense in the late 70/s/early eighties...my interest in interaction with fans of yours or ours has to be of a level of that which lends itself to serious and sensible debate...

3 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Some of ours- not me...we took 28k to wembley...are nowhere near the 6th richest club, there were no city at the mem v mansfield. So you see, we are not all deluded.

Hmmm im sure it was more than that but definately not over 35k still a good effort though. 

As for the chairman its like wheres wally at the moment seeing him everywhere trying to promote the gas and watching his team chelsea. Dont see why other sags havent picked up on the fact that he cant afford to pay for stadium outright like our owner.

Every club has delusional fans and you dont seem to be one, but seriously....theres a moderate proportion of your lot that seem to genuinely think we will get relegated every single season and try and make up any theory that makes rovers better than city.

Attendances for example seem to be a huge talking point for rovers fans dont think ive ever known any other set of fans to bang on about away attendances before.

Literally cant have a normal conversation with any of my gas without wembley attendances being mentioned or what a terrible club we are yet we are two leagues above and making incredible progress on and off the field.....ah well maybe a wake up call is needed like another relegation which at the moment averages out to be every 5 years for rovers?

Just sayin.....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

'just the other 95%'- I think that would be 80 if all were totally honest about it- 40k will go if we happen to meet pompey in the play-off final though- the crowds ARE going up even if we suffer a dump of a stadium...

I'd get your best issue bolt outfit on for that day should it hspoen

The point is we can take 40plus k to Wembley to play Wimbledon/Accrington should it happen. The fact that you may play pompey in what is a game that stands lesser in importance (where would you be of you hadnt lost that lottery) and may muster 40k speaks volumes of the gulf in support between the 2 clubs.

• Like 1

What concerns me is that on every other football league club's main fans forum there will be a thread congratulating Leicester City as there is here on OTIB. But on the two Rovers fans forums's there is only a general chat thread with 5 posts and hardly a word of praise for Leicester on one and just a thread speculating that Rovers will win the Premiership in ten years time on the other.

What happened to the club I used to know ?

Why have we become so self centred ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

What concerns me is that on every other football league club's main fans forum there will be a thread congratulating Leicester City as there is here on OTIB. But on the two Rovers fans forums's there is only a general chat thread with 5 posts and hardly a word of praise for Leicester on one and just a thread speculating that Rovers will win the Premiership in ten years time on the other.

What happened to the club I used to know ?

Why have we become so self centred ?

TBF, They've got to be, because no one else in the wider football world gives a shit about them ( except Danny Baker, of course) !

14 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

'just the other 95%'- I think that would be 80 if all were totally honest about it- 40k will go if we happen to meet pompey in the play-off final though- the crowds ARE going up even if we suffer a dump of a stadium...

No they wouldn't you wouldn't be given that many tickets, you'd only get 35k

50 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It seems like only yesterday ....

article-2619537-1D8BE61900000578-69_634x

Ugly scenes at the Memorial Ground after Bristol Rovers are relegated to non-League

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2619537/Ugly-scenes-Memorial-Ground-Bristol-Rovers-relegated-non-League.html

Don't need to be relegated to the part time leagues to see ugly scenes at the mem.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

Definately a bloke mate! I do think the vocal viral idiocy comes from the younger element of our support...personally as a 50 year old guy who did my fisticuffs/nonsense in the late 70/s/early eighties...my interest in interaction with fans of yours or ours has to be of a level of that which lends itself to serious and sensible debate...

Serious and sensible debate .............................