IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 01:36, bert tann said:

What concerns me is that on every other football league club's main fans forum there will be a thread congratulating Leicester City as there is here on OTIB. But on the two Rovers fans forums's there is only a general chat thread with 5 posts and hardly a word of praise for Leicester on one and just a thread speculating that Rovers will win the Premiership in ten years time on the other.

What happened to the club I used to know ?

Why have we become so self centred ?

True, but when you consider the thread was started by a City fan pretending to be a Rovers fan suggesting we could be 'the next Leicester', and then that the HUGE majority of posts after that ( from real Rovers fans) tell the OP not to be so silly, then it kind of turns the whole thing on it's head!

Still, the media never let the truth get in the way of a good headline, so why should football forums be any different :)

34 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

True, but when you consider the thread was started by a City fan pretending to be a Rovers fan suggesting we could be 'the next Leicester', and then that the HUGE majority of posts after that ( from real Rovers fans) tell the OP not to be so silly, then it kind of turns the whole thing on it's head!

Still, the media never let the truth get in the way of a good headline, so why should football forums be any different :)

Of course it was a City fan, what were we thinking. Must be the same City fan  that was in the Mansfield end causing all the trouble at your place when you GOT RELEGATED TO NON LEAGUE.

Edited by BS3_RED

5 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Of course it was a City fan, what were we thinking. Must be the same City fan  that was in the Mansfield end causing all the trouble at your place when you GOT RELEGATED TO NON LEAGUE.

9 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Hark at Oscar Wilde!

Cole- (the OP on the Rovers forum) is a City fan, he has been caught out a few times before. Still, as long as it keeps him out of trouble at school there's no real harm done.

9 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Hark at Oscar Wilde!

Cole- (the OP on the Rovers forum) is a City fan, he has been caught out a few times before. Still, as long as it keeps him out of trouble at school there's no real harm done.

What about when lots of you were claiming you were as rich as Man City or was that City fans as well?

31 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Hark at Oscar Wilde!

bullshit,

if he was a city fan he would of been banned by now,

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

bullshit,

if he was a city fan he would of been banned by now,

Okay, let's pretend for a second Cole is a Rovers fan (he really isn't honestly), a quick count up suggests there are 17 different posters on that thread (excluding Cole) and of that 17 no one actually agrees with his assumption (and it's not even really an assumption- he just suggests we 'could' be in Leicester's shoes in 10 years time).

In the same vein I am sure there were some City fans who lapped it up when your board of a decade or so back (maybe even longer) promised a major trophy, European football etc within a certain timeframe, and equally there were far more sensible City fans who could see the empty promises for what they were.

2 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Okay, let's pretend for a second Cole is a Rovers fan (he really isn't honestly), a quick count up suggests there are 17 different posters on that thread (excluding Cole) and of that 17 no one actually agrees with his assumption (and it's not even really an assumption- he just suggests we 'could' be in Leicester's shoes in 10 years time).

In the same vein I am sure there were some City fans who lapped it up when your board of a decade or so back (maybe even longer) promised a major trophy, European football etc within a certain timeframe, and equally there were far more sensible City fans who could see the empty promises for what they were.

our board have never promised that, they said that they had a 5 year plan to achieve prem football and compete at the top level in this country, they didn't say when that plan started however

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

our board have never promised that, they said that they had a 5 year plan to achieve prem football and compete at the top level in this country, they didn't say when that plan started however

Sorry Monkeh, Miah's right. David Russe made all sorts of wild promises when he took over with his 'reform group'

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Sorry Monkeh, Miah's right. David Russe made all sorts of wild promises when he took over with his 'reform group'

That's the bloke! I knew it was Dave something. I remember watching the press conference on TV and thinking what a load of old bollocks. The word of  anyone making rash promises like that should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

I'm pretty happy with our new owners so far, the bloke seems a decent sort, and certainly hasn't made any promises. I think the real test for us will be if we begin to struggle next season some halfwits (and trust me we ALL have them) will be demanding to know why we aren't signing Jamie Vardy instead of a Burton Albion reserve.

3 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

That's the bloke! I knew it was Dave something. I remember watching the press conference on TV and thinking what a load of old bollocks. The word of  anyone making rash promises like that should be taken with a very large pinch of salt.

I'm pretty happy with our new owners so far, the bloke seems a decent sort, and certainly hasn't made any promises. I think the real test for us will be if we begin to struggle next season some halfwits (and trust me we ALL have them) will be demanding to know why we aren't signing Jamie Vardy instead of a Burton Albion reserve.

Genuine question miahdennehy . When was the last time the sags paid for a player and do u think wally will open the cheque book

27 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I still have a letter from David Russe regarding the "we can't afford Robert Fleck" and I asked him who we could afford- quick answer: No one.

Peace in our time . Etc.

19 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Genuine question miahdennehy . When was the last time the sags paid for a player and do u think wally will open the cheque book

I don't actually know for sure, although apparently we did pay money for Nathan Blissett ,anywhere between £50K and £100K, depending on which rumour you believe. Nathan seemed a lovely bloke, but I think it's fair to say we didn't get our moneys worth.

I hope the new owner doesn't force 'big 'signings on our manager, Clarke has done a very good job without the need for that so far. Equally, I also hope our manager doesn't start splashing the cash 'just because he can'. I think Matty Taylor will leave on a freebie in the summer, so my guess is that we will find out very soon what the gameplan is.

So, how much do you want for this Kodjia bloke ?

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I hope the new owner doesn't force 'big 'signings on our manager, Clarke has done a very good job without the need for that so far. Equally, I also hope our manager doesn't start splashing the cash 'just because he can'.

Depending on how this all unwraps will give an indication of whether he is actually going to invest in the playing side of the club and not just in it to make money from other ways.

I was surprised if he never sanctioned any loan signings that could have pushed you guys over the line

• Like 1