IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

If he gets it, all we will hear from the blue few is how they are "prowed" of him and not in any way gutted that he bailed at the first opportunity.

Not too may viable replacements around right now.

I'd be totally gutted. I don't even see it a as brilliant opportunity for him with that madman owner at Leeds - from our experience DC's teams start the season slowly, so he'd be out of a job by September.

50 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Interesting to see if he does go where that'll leave them.

Would imagine Dopey would have got more from the side with less investment than a new manager will, but if the squad is already heavy with non league players following the decision to offer them all new deals, could take several transfer windows for someone to build a squad they are happy with.

Assuming of course that Wally has any money.

He hasn't. 

DC knows this and has had no concrete assurances about his future and investment in the team. 

The only firm offer has been new contracts for the squad. 

Nor has the back room staff had any firm assurances about their futures. 

When I heard the Leeds interest the other night it was received by the company I was with positively and dare I say it with the money being quoted an offer hard to refuse. 

Expect much more discontent, this is just the beginning. 

Edited by Charliesboots

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I'd be totally gutted. I don't even see it a as brilliant opportunity for him with that madman owner at Leeds - from our experience DC's teams start the season slowly, so he'd be out of a job by September.

Could be his only chance of managing such a big club, He could be sacked at Rovers by xmas if they are struggling badly.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Could be his only chance of managing such a big club, He could be sacked at Rovers by xmas if they are struggling badly.

Indeed he was going had they not have been promoted this season, as a result his loyalty to the new owner went out the window. 

4 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

He hasn't. 

DC knows this and has had no concrete assurances about his future and investment in the team. 

When I heard the Leeds interest the other night it was received by the company I was with positively and dare I say it with the money being quoted an offer hard to refuse. 

Interesting any clues

Bristol Rovers can confirm that they have received an approach from Leeds United to speak to Darrell Clarke regarding him taking over as manager at Elland Road.

As yet, the Yorkshire side have failed to meet the conditions set out by Rovers to enable any talks to take place and until that happens there is nothing else to report.

We can also confirm that Rovers have offered Darrell a new and improved three-year contract to remain as Bristol Rovers manager.

Bristol Rovers will not make any further comment until, and unless, there have been any further developments.

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Indeed, if offered the job, its a tough decision to make. A club of that ilk minus the owner would be a no brainer. 

15 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

He hasn't. 

I remember when Wael took over there were rumours about him wanting to replace Clarke then

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miahdennehy said:

Blackbeard was from Fishponds.

We may have been non league, have smaller crowds, be in a lower division and never won the JPT, but when it comes to genuine pirate credentials we are the kiddies :)

Nice try Miah.  Edward Teach (Blackbeard) was born in 1680, probably in Bristol.  The first recorded mention of Fishponds was 1738.  Bristol, in 1680 consisted of the old City around Corn St, Welsh Back etc, so if Blackbeard was Bristolian, he almost certainly came from our side of the city, not yours,; so nuh!

Edited by Malago

4 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Indeed, if offered the job, its a tough decision to make. A club of that ilk minus the owner would be a no brainer. 

Agree but money talks. 

Think about it, a truly BIG club (whatever is said Leeds are even though the glory days were some time ago) come in for you and offer life changing money to what your accustomed to.  

Couple that with being set up for life if you get the bullet and a reputation reasonably intact as if you fail (you blame it on a loony owner), he can just walk away and still get another decent appointment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Indeed, if offered the job, its a tough decision to make. A club of that ilk minus the owner would be a no brainer have some existing Premier League club managers queuing up for the job, rather than having to approach a club recently in non league :yes:  

Corrected for you, Gaz :thumbsup:

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Agree but money talks. 

Think about it, a truly BIG club (whatever is said Leeds are even though the glory days were some time ago) come in for you and offer life changing money to what your accustomed to.  

Couple that with being set up for life if you get the bullet and a reputation reasonably intact as if you fail (you blame it on a loony owner), he can just walk away and still get another decent appointment. 

Absolutely - huge club. Like you say, getting sacked by that madman is not likely to damage your reputation. 

I genuinely think he's about to plateau with the Gas, he should cash his stock in now.

7 minutes ago, City169 said:

I remember when Wael took over there were rumours about him wanting to replace Clarke then

what was this rumour. genuine question?

Isn't that the 1st rumour or worry when someone takes over any club that no one knows whether they want the current manager.

looks like we have offered him a contract so can't be that desperate to get rid of him

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Isn't that the 1st rumour or worry when someone takes over any club that no one knows whether they want the current manager.

looks like we have offered him a contract so can't be that desperate to get rid of him

why was he not offered one before?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hello said:

Well it was reported the he offered to resign when Wally took over.

I wouldn't worry about it mate, i'm sure reading the press release from Whorefield that everything is 'water tight' as usual.

PS:- Don't Leeds want Taylor as well??????

6 minutes ago, Hello said:

Not a rumour, was intent on doing so until Wael spent time with him and the team, gave him to end of season as saw a promotion was likely if he didn't rock the boat. 

As of yesterday there was no offer on the table for DC from your club, he's only reacted due to this news. 

There really is no love lost between both parties. 

14 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Not a rumour, was intent on doing so until Wael spent time with him and the team, gave him to end of season as saw a promotion was likely if he didn't rock the boat. 

As of yesterday there was no offer on the table for DC from your club, he's only reacted due to this news. 

There really is no love lost between both parties. 

Not doubting you, but from what I gather was DC was upset about the takeover in so much had no idea about it happening and probably was unsure where that would leave him.

I guess the new board/owner and Clarke have spoken so either got on alright, if they haven't considering the job he has done, what put the new boys off of Clarke?

As far as I am aware he was on a 12 month rolling contract, so now we have now offered an improved deal to keep him. So no love lost seems a bit odd to say. If that was the case why not let him go and agree compo

13 hours ago, Super said:

Someone should post this on the leeds forum!

Absolute quality, I mean who are Leeds United, they have only won the League, FA Cup & been European Cup semi finalists.

That's nothing compared to the Watney Cup is it.

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

If it wasn't the case they'd just reject Leeds approach?

well they have rejected one approach. Much like a player though if Clarke wants to go there isn't a lot to stop them apart from getting the best deal possible