IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Sadly I agree. Although to 'plateau' at the moment would be no disgrace, I suspect he knows now is his moment, although I'm sure a better offer than Leeds (in their current state) will come along if he bides his time a little longer.

Absolutely, he's done a fine job and consolidation in L1 would be no bad thing.

What equates to you as better than Leeds (in their current state) realistically? Could you see him going to a L1 rival? Can't imagine there will be many offers from the Championship coming in with all fairness to him.

I would be very surprised if he doesn't go.

1 hour ago, red from the blue side said:

Although there are a few realistic posters on gaschat, a huge majority still think they're a rich club with a new stadium in the bag. By now I would've thought the reality would've sunk in. There is also a mention of otib comparing city to Dortmund, did that happen?

Perhaps they assume someone from here wrote this for Stockhausen? http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Barcelona-Real-Madrid-Borussia/story-29307198-detail/story.html

3 hours ago, Hello said:

what was this rumour. genuine question?

Isn't that the 1st rumour or worry when someone takes over any club that no one knows whether they want the current manager.

looks like we have offered him a contract so can't be that desperate to get rid of him

I don't remember exactly words, but there were strong suggestions from people ITK that Wael wanted his own man

Been out of the loop for a while, nursy discovered a new knot, is he leaving on a high and getting out while his street cred is still intact and feels the crest has been reached and the trough of surviving in league one looms and he needs his brown cords ??

Edited by Kingswood mask

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

Harry's being sounded out for an advisory role if it's all going ahead....

The amount of money Wally seems to want to drop on people in directorial roles is amazing. Don't imagine Redknapp getting out of bed for less than 100k a year, plus expenses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The amount of money Wally seems to want to drop on people in directorial roles is amazing. Don't imagine Redknapp getting out of bed for less than 100k a year, plus expenses

I liked his quote from his tax evasion trial:

"I don’t look at my contracts, I don’t read one word, I sign at the bottom.Then my accountant rings up and says, 'Harry you’ve got a £500,000 bonus"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

What equates to you as better than Leeds (in their current state) realistically? Could you see him going to a L1 rival? Can't imagine there will be many offers from the Championship coming in with all fairness to him.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

I don't really know who is looking for a manager at the moment, but using Sheffield United as an example, they have just gone for a lesser known name,  and if a club of that stature came in for him, I think he would jump at the chance.

The sad reality of football today is that if we do begin to struggle in League One, fans can turn very quickly (and that applies to fans of ALL clubs), and I'm sure DC is aware of that. Unless he performs absolute miracles next season, It's hard to see his stock going anywhere but downwards from it's present high point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I don't really know who is looking for a manager at the moment, but using Sheffield United as an example, they have just gone for a lesser known name,  and if a club of that stature came in for him, I think he would jump at the chance.

The sad reality of football today is that if we do begin to struggle in League One, fans can turn very quickly (and that applies to fans of ALL clubs), and I'm sure DC is aware of that. Unless he performs absolute miracles next season, It's hard to see his stock going anywhere but downwards from it's present high point.

Was it the season  before last DC started pre season by taking down the 'DC OUT' posters that had been put up around your training field?

The DC Leeds story, the Leeds fans state of incredulity about DC, the gash fans fawning over DC (you'd think that DC walks on water, then turns the water into wine and was going to lead the gash to the promised land on a camel).

I'm pissing myself with laughter.

Edited by bcfcfinker

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Was it the season  before last DC started pre season by taking down the 'DC OUT' posters that had been put up around your training field?

I haven't heard that before, but I certainly remember some of our fans not being keen, much in the same way Cotterill (and Lee Johnson) were slated by some City fans in the early days.

29 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I haven't heard that before, but I certainly remember some of our fans not being keen, much in the same way Cotterill (and Lee Johnson) were slated by some City fans in the early days.

I think the negative posts about LJ were actually before he became Manager, apart from weird mavericks like Thatch (boooo) 35 or whatever he is called, I don't think the majority of the fans have said much that is detrimental. That might change of course (it does for most Managers eventually). It's easy to pick up on single posts and say that it represents the whole fanbase, and no doubt you could say the same about us and your forum, but I think I am right in saying that you have picked the wrong example in LJ.

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think the negative posts about LJ were actually before he became Manager, apart from weird mavericks like Thatch (boooo) 35 or whatever he is called, I don't think the majority of the fans have said much that is detrimental. That might change of course (it does for most Managers eventually). It's easy to pick up on single posts and say that it represents the whole fanbase, and no doubt you could say the same about us and your forum, but I think I am right in saying that you have picked the wrong example in LJ.

Ah right, maybe it was just the one thread that stuck in my head then. BTW, I would never judge an entire fanbase , by what gets posted on a forum, but I think I maybe in a minority on that one :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

Ah right, maybe it was just the one thread that stuck in my head then. BTW, I would never judge an entire fanbase , by what gets posted on a forum, but I think I maybe in a minority on that one :)

I`m afraid mate, that it does seem sometimes that the only remotely lucid members of your support are the ones that come on here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

He's not looking for a long term gig.  Relegation firefighter is his calling now; 9 months a year off and then come in for March, April and May and pick up a nice sum for keeping someone up.

However, Harry Redknapp, that's one I could definitely see - if dopey goes. 

Surely they'll make a last ditch bid to land Mourinho as they are one the biggest clubs on the planet.