IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

I thank you for that it's all the other countless anti DC comments  .. which you are allowed as this is after all a BCFC site 

Yes Phil, it is.

Bearing that in mind it shouldn't be too surprising that a lot of us look at Dopey and think that he's a bit of a dick. Maybe if Cotterill had allowed himself to get filmed pissed up on a table in a Pub squeaking like a **** some City fans would say that's 'passion'....but he didn't. So I guess we'll never know. 

As for being bitter Phil, you surely have to ask yourself why the hell would we be bitter towards the Gas? I admit I feel bitter towards Stoke City because they beat us to 2nd place in 2007, look where they have been since. Even Hull could be on for their 3rd spell in the Premier League since beating us at Wembley...Hull failed to beat us home or away that season as well the bastards.

Rovers on the other hand...you've spent the last 15 years below us (including a spell in Non League). Even after 2 promotions your still below us, you deprive us of nothing. In fact, your many, many gifts have been greatly appreciated.

What's with the 'tick tock' thing btw? It makes you sound like d1ckheads.

• Like 13

24 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

What's with the 'tick tock' thing btw? It makes you sound like d1ckheads.

I think it's a reference to the clock ticking on them overtaking us. Seeing as at best it will be over a year since that's possible, there's approx at least 16 million more ticks in addition to 16 million more tocks. Trepidation is growing :blink:

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Thank you, just wanted to see if you were as deluded as some of your fellow fans. 

It is a fantastic achievement, although your not the only club to have achieved it. There has also been a huge amount of luck in it. Winning a penalty shootout and Accrington not winning. And those two things are what really need to be remembered in order to ground your fan base. 

Some of your fans will remain realistic and would take survival in the last kick of the last game. However most of your fans will expect you to be table topping just like they did in the past. Whoever your manager will be will be hounded out just like Trollope was. 

A natural position for Bristol Rovers is mid table league one. Its just some of your fans will never be able to accept that respectable position.

As I've said on other posts let's see what happens I'm just happy we're where we are and as the saying goes "que sera sera"

Edited by Philgas

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but not clear how winning a penalty shootout, and then a rival losing a key match, amounts to 'luck'.  Rovers got promotion last year by coming second in a season of 46 games; getting through to the playoff final; then winning the final on penalties.  Can't see that as being luck-related.  This year they have gone one better by getting automatic promotion after 46 games.  The fact that Accrington lost their final game is neither here not there.  Rovers ended up in a higher position after 46 games and any luck will probably have been two-way across the season.

I think they have done fantastically well in the last two seasons and if I were a Rovers fan I'd be chuffed to bits.  As to where is their 'natural position' - no such thing!  I grew up with the likes of Watford and Swansea as lower division clubs, and look at them now.  If I were a Rovers fan I'd be optimistic about next season.  I'd certainly expect a top-half finish from them.

Thank you 

The gift that keeps on giving.

The GAS are an outfit on the up which is the complete opposite of Leeds even their own fans have questioned why DC would leave us to go up there for a few months. BRFC are now a club with a big future and I am pretty confident DC would want to be at the helm as we continue the rise up the divisions we will probably being doing the double over the likes of Leeds in a couple of years anyway common sense will prevail (I hope)!!

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair I delivered the Observer about 20 years ago, used to love getting the extra leaflets as that = £££ 

I got paid every other week for what I classed as training .. I even used my fighters who I trained to help as it was amazing fitness training. . Yep those soddin leaflets but worth a load in the pay packet .. 

• Like 1

Phil, you spend so much Time on here, even when your supposed to be working. It feels like to me that you secretly wish to be one of us. You no longer have to feel ashamed by this dirty little secret. We understand and forgive you for your mistaken past loyalties. You can be with of us and we will welcome you with open arms. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange a display name change.

Welcome to the BCFC family

*the multiple award winning family

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Phil, you spend so much Time on here, even when your supposed to be working. It feels like to me that you secretly wish to be one of us. You no longer have to feel ashamed by this dirty little secret. We understand and forgive you for your mistaken past loyalties. You can be with of us and we will welcome you with open arms. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to arrange a display name change.

I agree that he's really a closet red, but he does keep the conversation going, so let's give him a round of applause.

Phil - why not come out of the closet? You can do it. We could have a contest on the forum to decide upon your new name. How about "Lifelong Red"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Philgas said:

Our promotions etc you can tell by most of the comments on here .. slate us all you want .. sticks and stones etc .. must dash I have work to do 

Yes your promotions, back to back promotions from NL to L1 is hardly unique. No need to slate, you've made yourself look like a right d1ck with your posts...

Tick, tock

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair I delivered the Observer about 20 years ago, used to love getting the extra leaflets as that = £££ 

I got paid every other week for what I classed as training .. I even used my fighters who I trained to help as it was amazing fitness training. . Yep those soddin leaflets but worth a load in the pay packet .. 

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

*the multiple award winning 

Edited by Philgas

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

No thanks I enjoy reading what you put about us .. thanks for the offer .. my job allows me time to keep up with the gossip on here . I'm here till ( in work ) till 1pm tomorrow. . Definitely not a red , blue is the colour !!

10 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Yep me !! Ballsing it up double sending 

Phil, you've done this a few times...sometimes reposting several days apart. If your post count on here goes any higher 'Seventeen' will be along to accuse you of being "obsessed".

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pommers1965 said:

Anybody would think its rocket science.  There must be an official club page (or similar) which will show how many they sold.  Hint: its just over 27,000.  not the 32/33,000 they'd have you believe.  

1 minute ago, cityloyal473 said:

Anybody would think its rocket science.  There must be an official club page (or similar) which will show how many they sold.  Hint: its just over 27,000.  not the 32/33,000 they'd have you believe.  

Wasn't Icegas the idiot that was ridiculed on here the other day for suggesting Dopes should forget Leeds and stay put at the Gas because of Rovers supposedly huge fanbase?