IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Keep getting those likes Bert. It must keep you happy. 

Have you been to many games lately? Which ones? Do you think that the club and squad have improved or declined in the last two years?

It's not about me though is it ?

It's about Rovers and how we still keep serving up absurdities like this for City fans to mock and for the wider community to gaze in amazement at.

This was a widely publicised media presentation offering an opportunity to project an exciting vision of Rovers' future and to showcase the professionalism and passion which we hope will attract neutrals to our cause. And what we got was a bumbling stumbling interview with an owner who came across as weak and woolly and had clearly done no preparation whatsoever. In the background we heard an audience containing a number of giggling misfits some of whom were questioned later and merrily dropped a series of clangers which demonstrated the intellectual level to which many fans have sunk after years of oppression at the Mem. As Danny said himself, in a post earlier, this is not intended to be a snobbish or unkind comment it's just a statement of how any reasonably intelligent supporter of any football club would feel after hearing the radio programme.

Yes, Wael comes across as a kind and courteous man and yes in some ways his gentle humility is attractive and preferable to the bombasity of Nicholas. But why does he allow this tawdry amateurish image of Rovers to continue and when is he going to demonstrate that he has the experience, character and ability to lead a professional football club ?

We didn't get any straightforward answers about the UWE Stadium but at least we did get a revealing interview with a friend of the President who had clearly read my post on here about a rich kid being bought a new toy train set to play with. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, 8menhadadream said:

Where has the 'top 10 / above us' come from? We are in the play off zone of the Championship and that shower of s**t are in the L1 relegation zone. Am I missing something? 

The only comparison between the 2 clubs nowadays is the 'Bristol' in the respective names. Other than that we are eons ahead in every respect. R*vers are rarely sung about at the Gate anymore and apart from a quick look at the results screens on the way out, rarely mentioned.  A genuine question, can someone name 1 (that's ONE) thing they have or can do better than us apart from lose to Scunthorpe?

They left the league better than us. I watched us try but they were better at it. Also think there bonfires are better than ours. They had a small one at Twerton but the Eastville one was a biggy.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

All bigger population centres 

Sorry, Jason mentioned proximity which I assumed was one of the measurements, I don't know whether it's that. population or a combination of both. I assumed that it was overlooked in the areas i mentioned because it would be almost impossible to enforce fairly. Imagine only one of the Manchester clubs being allowed Cat 1 status or it being applied to Arsenal but not Tottenham!

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Liverpool only slightly, I think club size influences the decision too.

Apparently depends which measurements you use. I have always understood we were the 6th largest in England (not UK) but looking at this site, it appears we  could be anywhere from 7th to 10th and in one of the measurements used we don't even get in the top 10 (but that one is for the UK). 

http://www.citymetric.com/skylines/where-are-largest-cities-britain-1404

Oh the last two pages has been great bedtime reading. Even the penny in starting to drop for our regular sags on here.

Many many times on here I have spoken about how all they wish for us to be one place above us, even if its only for a flirting moment. That is as far as their ambition reaches. They would dine out on that for many years to come just like they did with the counless Lambert comments.

I don't take any enjoyment out of my assessment of their ambitions being confirmed correct by their owners. I just find it incredibly sad.

Over team our club has built some strong foundations which we continue to build upon. Its early days but the signs look promising. The way we are doing things is the absolute correct way of doing things.

They need to do the same. But they won't. They won't, because that takes time. They are driven by an obsession to be somewhere near us. Due to their deep obsession they will never allow themselves any time to build a stable club as it means we continue to be ahead of them and for them that thought is Intolerable.

When we lose a game I'm annoyed because I hate us losing, when we win I'm delighted because I love Bristol City. For them, its a different matter. They hate to lose because they hate giving us more laughing opportunities, when they win they are happy because they can plaster all over social media how they are coming for us following a last minute plucker winner against the likes of the mighty Burys of this world. 

On the rare occasion we lose and they win I try to avoid all social platforms. Simply because what I see is cringeworthy

I feel blessed in life, the great lord gave myself and all of you a very specialgift. The lord knew life is full of ups and downs. He knee there would be days where your pet hamster dies, or you leave home without a coat and it chucks it down, or you put petrol in your diesel car. He knew he had to do something to balance this out, so he created Bristol Rovers football club, so on those days one could come onto this thread and instantly find new ways to laugh hysterically at them. Just like I am now.

However bad life gets, just remember, you are blessed by virtue of not being one of them.

• Like 18

10 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Oh the last two pages has been great bedtime reading. Even the penny in starting to drop for our regular sags on here.

Many many times on here I have spoken about how all they wish for us to be one place above us, even if its only for a flirting moment. That is as far as their ambition reaches. They would dine out on that for many years to come just like they did with the counless Lambert comments.

I don't take any enjoyment out of my assessment of their ambitions being confirmed correct by their owners. I just find it incredibly sad.

Over team our club has built some strong foundations which we continue to build upon. Its early days but the signs look promising. The way we are doing things is the absolute correct way of doing things.

They need to do the same. But they won't. They won't, because that takes time. They are driven by an obsession to be somewhere near us. Due to their deep obsession they will never allow themselves any time to build a stable club as it means we continue to be ahead of them and for them that thought is Intolerable.

When we lose a game I'm annoyed because I hate us losing, when we win I'm delighted because I love Bristol City. For them, its a different matter. They hate to lose because they hate giving us more laughing opportunities, when they win they are happy because they can plaster all over social media how they are coming for us following a last minute plucker winner against the likes of the mighty Burys of this world. 

On the rare occasion we lose and they win I try to avoid all social platforms. Simply because what I see is cringeworthy

I feel blessed in life, the great lord gave myself and all of you a very specialgift. The lord knew life is full of ups and downs. He knee there would be days where your pet hamster dies, or you leave home without a coat and it chucks it down, or you put petrol in your diesel car. He knew he had to do something to balance this out, so he created Bristol Rovers football club, so on those days one could come onto this thread and instantly find new ways to laugh hysterically at them. Just like I am now.

However bad life gets, just remember, you are blessed by virtue of not being one of them.

Amen to that . Praise the Lord  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Apparently depends which measurements you use. I have always understood we were the 6th largest in England (not UK) but looking at this site, it appears we  could be anywhere from 7th to 10th and in one of the measurements used we don't even get in the top 10 (but that one is for the UK). 

http://www.citymetric.com/skylines/where-are-largest-cities-britain-1404

But but but Bristol is the biggest and bestest city in the world and should be guaranteed a premier league team// OTIB 

3 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

But but but Bristol is the biggest and bestest city in the world and should be guaranteed a premier league team// OTIB 

Well it is the biggest without a Premiership team and far larger than some of those that do.

Also if you look at the catchment area, when we were in the old first division, we would get good numbers attending from all across Somerset alone.

Edited by Port Said Red

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well it is the biggest without a Premiership team and far larger than some of those that do.

Also if you look at the catchment area, when we were in the old first division, we would get good numbers attending from all across Somerset alone.

Nope - Bradford is a bigger population and not in the Premiership.

7 hours ago, bert tann said:

It's not about me though is it ?

It's about Rovers and how we still keep serving up absurdities like this for City fans to mock and for the wider community to gaze in amazement at.

This was a widely publicised media presentation offering an opportunity to project an exciting vision of Rovers' future and to showcase the professionalism and passion which we hope will attract neutrals to our cause. And what we got was a bumbling stumbling interview with an owner who came across as weak and woolly and had clearly done no preparation whatsoever. In the background we heard an audience containing a number of giggling misfits some of whom were questioned later and merrily dropped a series of clangers which demonstrated the intellectual level to which many fans have sunk after years of oppression at the Mem. As Danny said himself, in a post earlier, this is not intended to be a snobbish or unkind comment it's just a statement of how any reasonably intelligent supporter of any football club would feel after hearing the radio programme.

Yes, Wael comes across as a kind and courteous man and yes in some ways his gentle humility is attractive and preferable to the bombasity of Nicholas. But why does he allow this tawdry amateurish image of Rovers to continue and when is he going to demonstrate that he has the experience, character and ability to lead a professional football club ?

We didn't get any straightforward answers about the UWE Stadium but at least we did get a revealing interview with a friend of the President who had clearly read my post on here about a rich kid being bought a new toy train set to play with. 

He's not displaying the knowledge,character,strength and organisational skills that the position he is currently filling ideally requires for one very good reason-and you have in a way said it already.He just doesn't have it.and as regards learning to project himself in a more professional manner??..if he needs to learn this skill from scratch this is greatly concerning for you,and should be setting off a symphony of alarm bells..to not have been prepared for such a presentation is an insult to your club and supporters..if I were 'Rovers' I'd be very concerned indeed......,,,

12 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

So funding isn't a problem and they're completely set on the site BUT they're employing people to review the deal.

So everyone now knows how the stadium falls through. Accountants advise not to do it - not Waels fault. 

Lord knows what Nick Higgs was prepared to sell to get UWE built. UWE were already taking on x facilities.

I imagine they have thrashed out some sort of deal and the feasibility study is to run some projected revenues etc on the basis of whatever new agreement (there had been talk of rejigging some of the internals from the original design) as well as reviewing the final cost of the project.

Edited by Hello

14 minutes ago, Hello said:

Lord knows what Nick Higgs was prepared to sell to get UWE built. UWE were already taking on x facilities.

I imagine they have thrashed out some sort of deal and the feasibility study is to run some projected revenues etc on the basis of whatever new agreement (there had been talk of rejigging some of the internals from the original design) as well as reviewing the final cost of the project.

And I imagine they are looking at having mechanical horses as a side show.£1 a punch. Canvassing the roof for that cosy home from home feel. Replacing the flip down seats with white patio chairs for flexibility and working out how to reuse santa's grotto. The feasability study will reveal the final cost, and, how it can all be done without spending even one Dinar.

1 hour ago, The New Gate said:

Many Rovers fans saying the UWE build will be announced today

One even saying huge diggers going into the site this morning

Dont suppose this coinsides with the huge student accomadation build going in there 

Sure they were saying that 4 years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Nope - Bradford is a bigger population and not in the Premiership.

It's true, but the Bradford City council area takes in the whole city as well as outlying towns and villages such as Keighley and Shipley, whereas cities like Bristol and Hull effectively have continuous urban areas that extend into other council areas. Wakefield is another West Yorkshire anomaly. The district has a population of over 300k, but the actual city itself has around 76k. They don't even have a league football team - although rugby league is the main sport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The New Gate said:

Many Rovers fans saying the UWE build will be announced today

One even saying huge diggers going into the site this morning

Dont suppose this coinsides with the huge student accomadation build going in there 

The diggers have gone in to clean up after the traveller's. They ain't building nowt there.