IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 07/09/2016 at 11:58, Monkeh said:

I've been bored (waiting for a meeting)

so been having a noise on the companies house website,

I see Rovers accounts are overdue and they haven't settled Sainsburys legal bill yet (also overdue), surely with their Billionaire owner (who is the only family member registered) these should of been tied up long ago (like ours have been),

Maybe the rumours that they have no cash are true

Not sure what you are looking at - the Companies House website shows:-

Accounts

Next accounts made up to 30 June 2016
due by 31 March 2017

7 charges registered
0 outstanding, 7 satisfied, 0 part satisfied

Apart from a few weeks, the accounts currently filed cover the final period of Higgs ownership, so, except for the Wonga loan being paid off, we won't see any hard evidence of what the new owners have done until accounts are filed in March 2017.

I'm no expert on financial matters, so, if I'm looking in the wrong place, please enlighten me! :blink:

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Not sure what you are looking at - the Companies House website shows:-

Accounts

Next accounts made up to 30 June 2016
due by 31 March 2017

7 charges registered
0 outstanding, 7 satisfied, 0 part satisfied

Apart from a few weeks, the accounts currently filed cover the final period of Higgs ownership, so, except for the Wonga loan being paid off, we won't see any hard evidence of what the new owners have done until accounts are filed in March 2017.

I'm no expert on financial matters, so, if I'm looking in the wrong place, please enlighten me! :blink:

The Sainsburys charge is against Bristol Rovers (1883) Limited and shown as still outstanding: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/charges

The accounts appear to be filed correctly but the confirmation statement (the new 'annual return' - just a minor piece of admin work) is showing as overdue: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hillzider said:

Yep

Question:

Where do you want this club to be in a years time.

Answer:

Above Bristol City.

Question:

What is the ambition of this club.

Answer:

To be higher in the League than Bristol City.

Added to one chap who was surprised that Doppy Daryl talked to Leeds as they really are no bigger than Rovers and you get an idea of how dilussional they where.

Actually turned into a bit of comedy gold me on my cycle trip home.

Is that actually what was said..?

And they call us obsessed..?! 

That is typical of the lies and spin that the Rovers fans have had to endure, yet have lapped up for the last God knows how many years. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rovers are further behind now than they were at the end of the Eighties, yet they seem to think that they are in the midst of some golden era. 

They are gullible morons. 

• Like 2

SL has met his match apparently:

As a Bristolian and standing above the often petty rivalry, I can see a much bigger picture here. Lansdown has now met his match in WAQ and what you will see (IMHO) in next 10 years is probably the most compelling story of development of football (on and off the pitch)in Bristol's entire history. We have some catching up to do first, though.:)

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5589/uwe-site#ixzz4Jl60UgQv

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is that actually what was said..?

And they call us obsessed..?! 

That is typical of the lies and spin that the Rovers fans have had to endure, yet have lapped up for the last God knows how many years. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rovers are further behind now than they were at the end of the Eighties, yet they seem to think that they are in the midst of some golden era. 

They are gullible morons. 

They may be gullible but the moron lable/tag is definitely one for this side of the river. You only have to read this thread to know which lot of supporters are moronic and that is being kind.

3 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

SL has met his match apparently:

As a Bristolian and standing above the often petty rivalry, I can see a much bigger picture here. Lansdown has now met his match in WAQ and what you will see (IMHO) in next 10 years is probably the most compelling story of development of football (on and off the pitch)in Bristol's entire history. We have some catching up to do first, though.:)

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5589/uwe-site#ixzz4Jl60UgQv

All wally has done so far is cleared the Higgs mob out and settled a debt. Since then it has been nothing more than "talking the talk" and feeding the same bullcrap to the Sags, who yet again, take everything as gospel. He has yet to show the colour of his money on or off the pitch and has achieved nothing to date.

Compare that to what SL has invested and achieved over the past 10 years on and off the pitch with both BCFC and Bristol Rugby........to suggest he has "met his match" is ****ing laughable

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Purple Paul said:

They may be gullible but the moron lable/tag is definitely one for this side of the river. You only have to read this thread to know which lot of supporters are moronic and that is being kind.

I know it stands out like a sore thumb, why we let moronic sags post on here is beyond me.

• Like 4

If funding was never an issue why was he wandering around cap in hand begging for investors? If he has secured investment, what will these investors expect in return, what will happen when their 21,700 - 30000 seat stadium is losing money hand over fist because it struggles to a 3rd full? 

I wonder if some Darlington fans would like to post a few home truths on their board about the dangers of falling for the super stadium dream?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

If funding was never an issue why was he wandering around cap in hand begging for investors? If he has secured investment, what will these investors expect in return, what will happen when their 21,700 - 30000 seat stadium is losing money hand over fist because it struggles to a 3rd full? 

I wonder if some Darlington fans would like to post a few home truths on their board about the dangers of falling for the super stadium dream?

where was he begging for investors? I imagine as an investment banker he has contacts/knowledge of people who would want in on this sort of scheme

As for what they will get out of it, that does remain to be seen and depends on who they are

1 minute ago, Hello said:

where was he begging for investors? I imagine as an investment banker he has contacts/knowledge of people who would want in on this sort of scheme

As for what they will get out of it, that does remain to be seen and depends on who they are

Somewhere in this increasingly lengthy thread there was a few links to pieces in the EP saying that he was seeking investment both at home and in London. 

17 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Can't wait for the result of the feasibility study by accountants into UWE,cos by all accounts Wally is reavaluating the funding of it.

They've absolutely no chance of a new ground.Wally has probably smelt the coffee and woke up to the fact that in 130 odd years they've achieved nowt and never will.

based in fact that obviously

8 minutes ago, Hello said:

Nothing against the bloke but he does come across as a bit of a bellend.

On 6 September 2016 at 11:54, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Back on the Swindon tickets, only giving Rovers the expensive tickets and not opening the cheaper bank behind the goal. This is why Swindon are the club I dislike the most. I want to beat Rovers more than anyone else but when it comes to horrible little clubs in horrible little Towns, Swindon take the biscuit. 

23 minutes ago, Hello said:

He's employed someone on a 6 figure salary to go out and find investment. This wasn't hidden or covered up in any way

4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

He's employed someone on a 6 figure salary to go out and find investment. This wasn't hidden or covered up in any way

I guess that depends on how we interpret never a problem.

i.e you think he never had anyone lined up, I suggest he has a list of contacts and it was a case of which ones would want to invest

6 minutes ago, Hello said:

I guess that depends on how we interpret never a problem.

i.e you think he never had anyone lined up, I suggest he has a list of contacts and it was a case of which ones would want to invest

Of course he had a list of contacts. He's an investment banker. It's just that all his contacts arnt enthused over such an investment

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Of course he had a list of contacts. He's an investment banker. It's just that all his contacts arnt enthused over such an investment

Before buying rovers he asked his best made in Jordan if he wanted to be a part of it, his mate scoffed at it (unsurprisingly). If he wanted but couldn't find others to help buy the club, what chance has he got at convincing people to build a stadium that will never be filled?

26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Before buying rovers he asked his best made in Jordan if he wanted to be a part of it, his mate scoffed at it (unsurprisingly). If he wanted but couldn't find others to help buy the club, what chance has he got at convincing people to build a stadium that will never be filled?

If reports are correct, then you've missed the part where he tried to buy Gillingham first but they wanted nothing to do with it. 

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The Sainsburys charge is against Bristol Rovers (1883) Limited and shown as still outstanding: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223/charges

The accounts appear to be filed correctly but the confirmation statement (the new 'annual return' - just a minor piece of admin work) is showing as overdue: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04501223

Cheers for that - my finance expertise is limited to the price of handbags and shoes! :shutup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purple Paul said:

I take it that you don't frequent "Gas chat" then..?! 

• Like 3