IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Iron Man said:

I see the greatest fans in the galaxy barely managed 8000 fans inside Chernobyl.

By their standards, thats actually reasonable! I expect their crowds to be up this season after 2 promotions and their "billionaire" but once they realise its another false dawn itll be back the usual 6000 odd.

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Whatever, but at least I do know where my real support lies, I have given many years of supporting the red half, why I even took in the odd Match at Eastville, with my Rovers supporting family, never supported them and always hoped they would lose, but never did we fall out and reduce ourselves to a dislike for each other merely because of which team we supported.

Nothing wrong with banter, nothing at all, but some of the comments seem to cross the line, Bristolian's are renowned for their banter and good humour, it's a shame that there seems to be some rather OTT comments from both sides. I realise, or I should do that you cannot change opinion's if they are intent on disliking each other, but I do ask myself why? We are both football clubs that play the beautiful game, and are both representing this fair City of ours, so it does depress me when we sink to this level.

Perhaps because I don't live in Bristol I can take a more distant view of things, but when I did, there did seem to be more tolerance of each other, perhaps it is social media that makes it all to east to say things we would never say face to face. I would hope that even that some of you  that have given me stick on here and me you would have a very different view of each other, we are all bonded by the same thing I love of football and of course proud to be Bristolian, whatever are colours.

If it helps I will not post anymore on this thread, if it helps, so carry on regardless, but just remember I am not the only one who feels that carrying on this way is demeaning to both clubs, except they might not be so vocal.

Good luck, and carry on then xx 

If I see X Factor or BGT on the TV in my house I go off and do something else because I don't have any interest in watching the crap, the same here, if you don't want to read it, it's really simple, don't click on the thread and expect it to be something you want to read or have any interest in.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Whatever, but at least I do know where my real support lies, I have given many years of supporting the red half, why I even took in the odd Match at Eastville, with my Rovers supporting family, never supported them and always hoped they would lose, but never did we fall out and reduce ourselves to a dislike for each other merely because of which team we supported.

Nothing wrong with banter, nothing at all, but some of the comments seem to cross the line, Bristolian's are renowned for their banter and good humour, it's a shame that there seems to be some rather OTT comments from both sides. I realise, or I should do that you cannot change opinion's if they are intent on disliking each other, but I do ask myself why? We are both football clubs that play the beautiful game, and are both representing this fair City of ours, so it does depress me when we sink to this level.

Perhaps because I don't live in Bristol I can take a more distant view of things, but when I did, there did seem to be more tolerance of each other, perhaps it is social media that makes it all to east to say things we would never say face to face. I would hope that even that some of you  that have given me stick on here and me you would have a very different view of each other, we are all bonded by the same thing I love of football and of course proud to be Bristolian, whatever are colours.

If it helps I will not post anymore on this thread, if it helps, so carry on regardless, but just remember I am not the only one who feels that carrying on this way is demeaning to both clubs, except they might not be so vocal.

Good luck, and carry on then xx 

So there we have it, a lily livered liberal "super fan" and closet gas sympathiser

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, screech said:

If I see X Factor or BGT on the TV in my house I go off and do something else because I don't have any interest in watching the crap, the same here, if you don't want to read it, it's really simple, don't click on the thread and expect it to be something you want to read or have any interest in.

^Strictly fan

• Like 6

14 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

This thread is getting so pathetic. 

"Oh they're obsessed with us"

"Ooooh we're so scared!"

What a load of old cobblers from both sets of fans. Focus on your own clubs. Red or Blue. 342 pages, which I'm now contributing even more to. **** me.

3 hours ago, NeilS said:

Someone has too remind you that you are obsessed, obsess over your own team, that might help, or if you can't do that just go and support them and leave us City fans to ourselves. 

This means that even with the sags contributing to the thread and encouraging involvement, just over 3% of the posts are to do with the gas. 

Put another way, if you had an hour chatting to your City mate, this would represent 2 minutes laughing at the gas and 58 minutes talking about City. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Course it was.

Strange your forum says that your "fans" were slagging off your new goalie Roos as well, bet that abuse was meant for the ref too, eh?

Yes it was - one fan on Radio Bristol said it was aimed at the team, maybe he was not situated at the tunnel end of the ground.

Several idiots started chanting "Mildenhall" when the 2nd goal went in - of course, that was really going to boost the young lad's confidence wasn't it - they are idiots.  He got lots of calls of "Roooooos" when he handled the ball, unfortunately not everybody is familiar with the "Luuuuuuuke" support which golfer Luke Donald gets, so didn't get the gist of it. I am sure that Roos did though, as he probably would have had the same chant at previous clubs.

When our fans are idiots, I have no problem in saying so. Similarly, when something has been misinterpreted or mis-reported, and I was at the game, I'll also say what I saw/heard.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I rather think the views on this forum are not particularly representational of the average City or Rovers fan. 

Far too intellectual for the average Rovers fan, who is probably sat at home picking left over spaghetti hoops off of his T-shirt and rubbing their groin over Louis Walsh whilst watching X-factor on catch up. 

• Like 1

Got a nice text from my Rovers supporting Uncle that they have started building their ground. Seemed a bit odd there was no news story asked him where he saw it and... it's a thread about some work making a car park at UWE that may or may not be on behalf of Rovers (no one seems sure). Was funny reading the thread, started out about UWE within a few post pretty much all about us :clapping: 

Cover you eyes people, just a couple of gems...

ScreenShot_20160911135112.png

ScreenShot_20160911135006.png

ScreenShot_20160911134832.png

ScreenShot_20160901110628.png

ScreenShot_20160901110505.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Got a nice text from my Rovers supporting Uncle that they have started building their ground. Seemed a bit odd there was no news story asked him where he saw it and... it's a thread about some work making a car park at UWE that may or may not be on behalf of Rovers (no one seems sure). Was funny reading the thread, started out about UWE within a few post pretty much all about us :clapping: 

And then the likes of NeilS doesn't understand why we are constantly taking the piss out of them.

It will always be about us. Their whole ambition as a football club is to one day be above us.

5 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

Well that certainly was one of the most obvious side steps in interviewing history...... "Can you compete financially? Financially? well uuuuuh, financially, the only way we can beat them is on the pitch"! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fiale said:

Quote 4: When was the Administration party planned for and why wasn't I invited?

Edited by Port Said Red

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well that certainly was one of the most obvious side steps in interviewing history...... "Can you compete financially? Financially? well uuuuuh, financially, the only way we can beat them is on the pitch"! 

Said it before and everyday being proven right, the guy is simply out of his depth. He was happy to play along with the billionaire comments when he took over, now the reality is he needs to spend money and serious money. The club is going to struggle in league 1; early signs suggest that and they need an influx of players, now got to wait till January. The ground is another matter, they need capital to find the build and every week there's an excuse, the EU vote was strange, now they've got the money  but need to do another consultation. Wouldn't that have been done when they brought the club? UWE was already in place then? Unfortunately for Rover's they've got someone in who brought himself a toy and doesn't have the capital required to run it. Maybe they've got delay tactics so UWE pull out 

10 minutes ago, daored said:

Said it before and everyday being proven right, the guy is simply out of his depth. He was happy to play along with the billionaire comments when he took over, now the reality is he needs to spend money and serious money. The club is going to struggle in league 1; early signs suggest that and they need an influx of players, now got to wait till January. The ground is another matter, they need capital to find the build and every week there's an excuse, the EU vote was strange, now they've got the money  but need to do another consultation. Wouldn't that have been done when they brought the club? UWE was already in place then? Unfortunately for Rover's they've got someone in who brought himself a toy and doesn't have the capital required to run it. Maybe they've got delay tactics so UWE pull out 

To be fair to him, he denied his family being worth £1.4 billion in his 1st press conference. He almost laughed at the suggestion the value was anywhere near that.

That didn't stop the Rovers fans believing it though.

Trying to be onr of the sensible ones, I have never beleived Wael is super rich. He obviously has personal wealth but not in the ridculous money zone.

Even if he did,.his job dictates he wouldnt throw his own money around.

I dont get the fascination with how much money he may or may not have, from fans to journslists and it os the right of WAQ not to divulge as such publicly

The one thing that has happened and the one I am happiest about is the re-evaluation of the club by the new ownership and how they are changing things slowly behind the scenes.

The UWE announcement is.positive and the feasability study is probably to come up with projrcted financial cost/revenues now that the project has been dormant for a number of years. I dont think its anything to worry about as they would have walked away I am sure.

The training ground is interesting as it has been talked about from day one but again the finance will be interesting.as 29 acres doesnt come cheap.

Whether the money is Waels or investors for it all, it certainly seems to be a.dedicated effort to push the club forward. 

Why would you bother with it all, if you wernt interested in sticking around

• Like 1