IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Its funny because even the bigger clubs have poor away attendances at times. I think only 300 odd sheff wed were at norwich away on a tuesday night few weeks back. 

I dont get their obsession with away crowds. What you can bank on is them raving on social media again when they take more than 407 to sheff united away which they bloody well should when its the first time they played them in over a decade.

If they wanna laugh about sheff wed away didnt we take 4/5000 in early 2000s on that unbeaten run in league 1? Lets see if rovers can do that we all know they cant.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

What you can bank on is them raving on social media again when they take more than 407 to sheff united away which they bloody well should when its the first time they played them in over a decade..

I don't get their obsessesion with away crowds either. The amount they go on and on about it you just know that it hurts them that our away attendance averages have been higher than theirs every season for as long as I can remember....Even when we have a relegation threatened season compared to their promotion challenging season. 

They haven't played at Brammall Lane for 28 years. For any fans under the age of 40 this is likely to be their first visit to see Rovers at that ground. Unlike our fans who go to Hillsborough nearly every year. 

5 hours ago, Weezord said:

What was the reason for the boycott?

There was a cycle race somewhere in the country. You Gasheads know how hard this hits attendance figures...."do I go to watch the football or cycling? football? cycling?". Tough decision, as you know it can knock thousands of your gate. 

I won't accuse your fans of boycotting most of your home games for the last 40 years as everyone knows the reasons for your constant low attendances at home are just because your support is shit and more people in Bristol want to watch City....I'm just wondering why you have a sponsored silence at every home game these days?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I won't accuse your fans of boycotting most of your home games for the last 40 years as everyone knows the reasons for your constant low attendances at home are just because your support is shit and more people in Bristol want to watch City....I'm just wondering why you have a sponsored silence at every home game these days?

That's because the radiation has burnt their voice boxes.

i want to know why their players play Hide and Seek with the football every game ??

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I really do feel sorry for this lad. He must keep saying to his Dad, why do you make me wear this shirt Dad, all the cools kids wear a Red one!

To which his dad replies.."look son, finish your spaghetti hoops, clean the Source off your face and go to work. When you get home, someone has to play Santa and you are the only on "special enough" to do it..!"

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I really do feel sorry for this lad. He must keep saying to his Dad, why do you make me wear this shirt Dad, all the cools kids wear a Red one!

And his dad replies,when you're a gashead son,the clown outfit is obligatory.

• Like 2

I'm currently tutoring two Football mad Italian kids. I showed them all the Rovers pictures... Santas Grotto, the stall at the freshers fair, the open top bus parade on an empty street, the bloke running from a horse, the "prowed to be a gashead" grafitti and pictures of their tend stands. These boys were literally on the floor in hysterics! Is there any other club in the country with as much comic material as that lot?

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I'm currently tutoring two Football mad Italian kids. I showed them all the Rovers pictures... Santas Grotto, the stall at the freshers fair, the open top bus parade on an empty street, the bloke running from a horse, the "prowed to be a gashead" grafitti and pictures of their tend stands. These boys were literally on the floor in hysterics! Is there any other club in the country with as much comic material as that lot?

No, they are light years ahead in tinpotness and presupposition failure :yes:

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can't handle not particularly wanting Rovers to lose tonight, because it would mean a win for Swindon. 

It feels dirty and wrong, so I've just stuck a tenner on Swindon to win. 

No I feel justified in wanting Rovers to lose! 

I really dislike Swindon but I dislike the non leaguers a little bit more . Swindle win for me . Plus u will win some cash . Two shit clubs

• Like 1