IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Bath City must have been so surprised by the hoards of Gasheads turning up that they didn't open enough gates and left them hanging around outside!

At least that way they'd have felt like they were at any other typical Rovers away game. 

You have to give credit to all the thousands who keep on travelling the length of the country, knowing damn well that they are likely to be locked out at every game. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, cynic said:

718 !

After all their boasting ?

Pikey in the pub Sunday saying he's got a full mini bus going to Oldham and reckons they'll sell their allocation of 1,600...then later asked if anyone fancied going on his bus as there's a couple of seats spare. Sums it up nicely.

They're like Jay in the Inbetweeners, with Neil being their manager.

Ok I'll do it...

BUS W*****S!

Edited by Septic Peg
Because the bloody filter won't let me swear...

In the summer of 1968 I took a group of Rovers’ academy coaches to visit the training centre at leading Czech side FC Vim. These days every other village team seems to arrange such low cost weekend jollies but at that time it was a pioneering and extremely expensive venture. Luckily MFI  agreed to sponsor us and sent two of their chaps along to investigate the prospects of selling self assembly furniture to Czechoslovakian sports clubs and military installations. 

As the Fokker surged down the runway at Lulsgate I felt no Miss Givings because I had left her behind at Eastville licking stamps. Yet, despite this lack of secretarial assistance, the flight passed uneventfully and in what seemed like only three hours we were descending quickly through the white powdery clouds into Vim. 

Security was tight, which is how I like it, and though strip searched twice by a busty blonde border guard nothing came up and I was soon leading our party towards the Lubyanka Travel Lodge.  Surprisingly the roads were clogged with traffic and, using the splattering of Czech picked up through listening to the BBC World Service, I was able to ascertain that an army of people from CSKA Moscow were also in town and doubtless planning their own reconnaissance of the FC Vim training methods. 

Next morning it is only fair to say the cleanliness of the Vim training centre exceeded our expectations and I can quite understand how 99% of household germs do indeed perish in such an environment. In fact on the day of our visit we were told it was the cleanest clean it’s ever been. Forced to remain on the bleachers we could hardly make out what the players were doing on the pitch about 100 yards away but the souvenir shop was very good. And outside the ground we were given a demonstration of how the Czech authorities dealt with hooligans which was so life like you could actually believe they really were being lined up against a wall and shot !

Back at the hotel the CSKA Moscow club President, Mr Al-Molotov was hosting a cocktail party and in the spirit of maintaining cordial international sporting relations we raised our glasses to heroes from both countries including Bobby Charlton, Valentin Ivanov, Bobby Moore, Lev Yashin and Burgess  Maclean. 

On the following day, as we began our journey back to blighty, I reflected that we had actually learned nothing at all of value in footballing terms but, at least for a week or so, the publicity surrounding the trip would divert our supporters’ attention away from constantly thinking about car parks. 

We never did find out what happened to the lads from MFI.

To be continued …

• Like 18

32 minutes ago, bert tann said:

In the summer of 1968 I took a group of Rovers’ academy coaches to visit the training centre at leading Czech side FC Vim. These days every other village team seems to arrange such low cost weekend jollies but at that time it was a pioneering and extremely expensive venture. Luckily MFI  agreed to sponsor us and sent two of their chaps along to investigate the prospects of selling self assembly furniture to Czechoslovakian sports clubs and military installations. 

As the Fokker surged down the runway at Lulsgate I felt no Miss Givings because I had left her behind at Eastville licking stamps. Yet, despite this lack of secretarial assistance, the flight passed uneventfully and in what seemed like only three hours we were descending quickly through the white powdery clouds into Vim. 

Security was tight, which is how I like it, and though strip searched twice by a busty blonde border guard nothing came up and I was soon leading our party towards the Lubyanka Travel Lodge.  Surprisingly the roads were clogged with traffic and, using the splattering of Czech picked up through listening to the BBC World Service, I was able to ascertain that an army of people from CSKA Moscow were also in town and doubtless planning their own reconnaissance of the FC Vim training methods. 

Next morning it is only fair to say the cleanliness of the Vim training centre exceeded our expectations and I can quite understand how 99% of household germs do indeed perish in such an environment. In fact on the day of our visit we were told it was the cleanest clean it’s ever been. Forced to remain on the bleachers we could hardly make out what the players were doing on the pitch about 100 yards away but the souvenir shop was very good. And outside the ground we were given a demonstration of how the Czech authorities dealt with hooligans which was so life like you could actually believe they really were being lined up against a wall and shot !

Back at the hotel the CSKA Moscow club President, Mr Al-Molotov was hosting a cocktail party and in the spirit of maintaining cordial international sporting relations we raised our glasses to heroes from both countries including Bobby Charlton, Valentin Ivanov, Bobby Moore, Lev Yashin and Burgess  Maclean. 

On the following day, as we began our journey back to blighty, I reflected that we had actually learned nothing at all of value in footballing terms but, at least for a week or so, the publicity surrounding the trip would divert our supporters’ attention away from constantly thinking about car parks. 

We never did find out what happened to the lads from MFI.

To be continued …

Be honest lads.

I know you love Bert, but is it a good idea to spend an hour of your life composing that latest pile of over-wordy nonsense? What does any of the implied irony or sarcasm actually mean except that he hates Bristol Rovers then and now?

If any of it was worth writing, or had some humour, I might laugh sardonically, but sadly I am not looking forward to part 2.

Can you ban him?

4 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Be honest lads.

I know you love Bert, but is it a good idea to spend an hour of your life composing that latest pile of over-wordy nonsense? What does any of the implied irony or sarcasm actually mean except that he hates Bristol Rovers then and now?

If any of it was worth writing, or had some humour, I might laugh sardonically, but sadly I am not looking forward to part 2.

Can you ban him?

nope

8 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Be honest lads.

Can you ban him?

If we ban him, can we ban you?

• Like 3

Be honest lads.

Can you ban him?

I would say spending an hour writing something. Is better than waiting and checking a rivals forum for a couple of weeks to see if Bert has posted . Does it really irritate you that much . 

1 minute ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Oh well.

Did you find his long, long obscure post as hysterically funny as he thought it was when he wrote it?

Or like me, did you think it was a bit of a waste of time?

Lots of things are a waste of time.

but we still do them.

he may be one of you or one of us.

I don't care, we all have a life use it as you wish.

1 minute ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

If we ban him, can we ban you?

I would settle for that. Get rid of someone who spends his time on here as a supposed Rovers fan, who does nothing but criticise his club, and also lose a genuine fan who is annoyed by the other one.

It's your forum. Ban us both. 

Or maybe just "Bert".  

Since I am real and respectful of your forum and he is just taking the p@ss out of it.

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I would say spending an hour writing something. Is better than waiting and checking a rivals forum for a couple of weeks to see if Bert has posted . Does it really irritate you that much . 

I don't wait for Bert. I read this forum often. I am interested in what you lot have to say about our rivals in Bristol. I read Gaschat much more often, but I do keep up with this one.  Just interested. Especially about what you say about us.  As many others on here do also, meaning they read Slagchat.

Edited by Smaller than a flea
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I would settle for that. Get rid of someone who spends his time on here as a supposed Rovers fan, who does nothing but criticise his club, and also lose a genuine fan who is annoyed by the other one.

Or maybe just "Bert".  

Since I am real and respectful of your forum and he is just taking the p@ss out of it.

No he's taking the piss out of rovers. Maybe he's had enough and he's got his reasons. He's on a Bristol city forum and I've never read a post were he's upset or been disrespectful to Bristol city fans . If he upsets rovers fans tough shit deal with it . I think there are some good Gashead posters on here . Even u don't seem that bad . But if u don't like what you read maybe Bristol city's forum isn't for you

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Or maybe just "Bert".  

He is taking the p1ss out of the Gas, whether he is City or not.. this is the lets laugh at the Gas thread anyway.

Bert is probably genuine but because he disagrees with yours and Prancers views on how apparently mighty the Gas is he is automatically a 'Ted. In relative terms you've done nothing as a club except skank 2 promotions so far and in all fairness his criticism is probably justified in recent years

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

He is taking the p1ss out of the Gas, whether he is City or not.. this is the lets laugh at the Gas thread anyway.

Bert is probably genuine but because he disagrees with yours and Prancers views on how apparently mighty the Gas is he is automatically a 'Ted. In relative terms you've done nothing as a club except skank 2 promotions so far and in all fairness his criticism is probably justified in recent years

Well if you're talking about the last fifteen years then fair play to comment on the farce that we have had to endure.

If we're talking about the last two years then maybe not.

7 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I'm a genuine fan and I'm annoyed by you but I can tolerate you not being banned even though, unlike Bert, you add absolutely zero value, humour or interest  to OTIB. Unlike some other team forums, it's not our style to ban supporters of rivals willy nilly.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I'm a genuine fan and I'm annoyed by you but I can tolerate you not being banned even though, unlike Bert, you add absolutely zero value, humour or interest  to OTIB. Unlike some other team forums, it's not our style to ban supporters of rivals willy nilly.

Shots fired....:rofl2br:

Edited by Kodjias Wrist

I don't think we should ban any of the sags.  Some of the sh!t they come out with is hilarious and seeing them knocking each other on OUR site, you cannot make it up...:laugh:

Some questions for Question for Smaller Than A Flea...  What is your opinion on the latest average away support figures?  Surely they must be incorrect?  I did have a look on gaschat but not many people want to talk about it, I thought the thread would be into the 9th or 10th page already what with your legendary away support?

• Like 3

Well if you're talking about the last fifteen years then fair play to comment on the farce that we have had to endure.

If we're talking about the last two years then maybe not.

Well what about the 'new' stadium? Farce right? Maybe Bert isn't happy with that either or off the field comedy gold, like fake billionaires, putting tents and patio furniture up in a football stadium, bit of a laughing stock? He probably isn't happy that his football club are just a comedy club

40 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Be honest lads.

Can you ban him?

Bert's posts are hilarious. Whatever time he's spending on them it's well well worth it. The fact that it seems to wind you up no end is just an added bonus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Be honest lads.

Can you ban him?

Bert is an absolute legend, my favourite Rovers fan