IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

So on there big day out they actually took 2358 . On our last league meeting there I think we took just over 2500 . But playing at these stadiums the novelty where's of after a while. I expect it's the same for the sags playing at Carlisle or Braintree or Dover . Bit unfair really last two are non league. Ha ha ha ha ha ha .

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

So on there big day out they actually took 2358 . On our last league meeting there I think we took just over 2500 . But playing at these stadiums the novelty where's of after a while. I expect it's the same for the sags playing at Carlisle or Braintree or Dover . Bit unfair really last two are non league. Ha ha ha ha ha ha .

Yep, the league two clubs "cup final" 80 miles up the road at a stadium they hadn't visited for 15 years and an allocation of up to 4,500 and they muster just over 2,000......best fans in the world :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Well, we took 3,000 to Birmingham when we played them last.

And the attendance against Crawley was admittedly very poor,

But the first two rounds of the FA Cup are not what they used to be. Coventry had just 2,000. 

In fact the whole FA Cup is not what it used to be.

Well you've made yourself look a complete (typical gas) **** with your 3k claims, but don't be a bellend in the first place. Compare it against your last league game there, not your big cup tie. 

I cant find any record of Rovers away followings. You don't seem to have the "away day" section that most clubs have (unless it's just not appearing on mobile version) or maybe it's because you don't want people to know the truth...?!

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well you've made yourself look a complete (typical gas) **** with your 3k claims, but don't be a bellend in the first place. Compare it against your last league game there, not your big cup tie. 

I cant find any record of Rovers away followings. You don't seem to have the "away day" section that most clubs have (unless it's just not appearing on mobile version) or maybe it's because you don't want people to know the truth...?!

There`s no supercomputer powerful enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You didn't take anywhere near 3,000 to Brum, over 600 less than that.

Anyway, we took 5,283 to West Brom when we last played them away....same sort of distance....what's your point?

Mate, I dont know why you are getting dragged down to their level with a my dads bigger than your dad argument. Just let them carry on deluding themselves, everyone with a modicum of intelligence knows that Bristol City FC are a far bigger club than Bristol Rovers in pretty much all aspects, from history, achievements, past and present attendance, facilities and infrastructure. Comparing and contrasting is a waste of time for everyone, in my opinion and is all relative.

Dont rise to em fella.

That said, they are kind of amusing, in their own deluded way...

Edited by gl1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Speaking of wild exaggerations, I see Rosenior has been on the crack again

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/leroy-rosenior-bidding-should-star-at-10m-for-matty-taylor-while-city-need-defensive-grit/story-29913351-detail/story.html

Yes Leroy, £10m at least. Now put the pipe down ffs.

If I was feeling benevolent, I would say £2m at most !

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

Speaking of wild exaggerations, I see Rosenior has been on the crack again

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/leroy-rosenior-bidding-should-star-at-10m-for-matty-taylor-while-city-need-defensive-grit/story-29913351-detail/story.html

Yes Leroy, £10m at least. Now put the pipe down ffs.

A player is only worth what is left on his contract, so as he only signed a one year deal last summer I'd say £1.5m in January at the absolute max, or it's a free transfer next summer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RedRaw said:

More attendance bullshit from the sags....

"The final scoreline was extremely harsh on John Ward's determined League Two side - and the noisy 2,358 horde who had followed them up the M5 from Bristol."

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25663171

They couldn't even manage to take hordes,just a horde.

Edited by NOTBLUE
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

They couldn't even manage to take hordes,just a horde.

Yep, interesting the article uses the word 'horde'.

It's defined as either:

a) A derogatory term for a large group of people 

b) A small loosely knit social group typically consisting of about five families

Can't decide which description better fits Rovers fans, they BOTH seem to fit so well.  :yes::city:                

• Like 6

5 hours ago, myol'man said:

A player is only worth what is left on his contract, so as he only signed a one year deal last summer I'd say £1.5m in January at the absolute max, or it's a free transfer next summer.

someone will pay for him. Think back to the dark days of the early 1980's. Gerry Gow was transferred to Manchester City for £180,000 to raise some capital. Clive Whitehead had been playing in the reserves because the club could not afford the win bonus if he was in the first team. West Brom snapped him up for £100,000, a fraction of his true worth.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Wayne Langford Always favoured bristol city, rovers make me ******* cringe and heres another reason why!

Did you see the Kevin Granola post?

Kevin Granola Bristol rovers fans would put half of the premier league teams to shame, proper club

Kevin Granola They would you're just biased because you're city, I've been there this season and they never shut up even at one down

:laughcont:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Kevin Granola Bristol rovers fans would put half of the premier league teams to shame, proper club

Kevin Granola They would you're just biased because you're city, I've been there this season and they never shut up even at one down

So tents do echo in the deep dark corners of Chernobyl. :facepalm:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

He`s not proper gas, loyal and true. He only thinks their fans are better than half of the clubs in the premier league when everyone knows it`s all of them.

• Like 1