IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 11/06/2017 at 13:10, Nogbad the Bad said:

Remember being determined to outshout Rovers fans when Hi ho silver lining always came on as as the last record of the night -'I see Paul Cheesley's scoring' - and more than once the rivalry continuing in more physical fashion while walking up the slope afterwards.

Ah... Stairway to Heaven .. the last chance to grab-a-girl for a smooch. Panic set in if you hadn't scored when the opening bars of that tune came on!!!!

'Clubbing it' at Redland Tennis Club was far more edgy though viz City vs Rovers.  

Those softies South of the River had a much easier life! 

58 minutes ago, myol'man said:

UWE stadium site location

Will the residents of Cheswick Village object to having a gurt big stadium at the bottom of their back gardens as the residents on Ashton Vale did?

I'm sure I went ice skating over there back in the day!

I've walked my dog there for years, though the spike pits do get in the way

On 2017-6-15 at 19:13, 22A said:

So the gas have friendlies against Yate and Melksham on the same day.

It becomes amusing when one of the blue few complains a non league team has a £7 million pound stadium and then another realises there's several non league teams with better grounds than the Mem.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9989/friendly-melksham

Then for a real laugh and delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9974/bournemouth

So many similarities not least of all the managers style. Together anything is possible.

I just realised something watching this, it doesn't matter how much money you have in football, it is about the togetherness and that is what DC is achieving with us, team spirit, two promotions in two seasons, top ten finish, players proud to wear the shirt, good attacking football, playing for each other, a young up and coming manager with bright ideas. A proud football club. That is something they don't have over the dark side of Bristol and that's why they are so obsessed with us, it strikes me that they are envious and jealous of what DC is doing hereSo we have to believe that we can do the same as Bournemouth, get behind the lads, even when it's not going right and we can succeed, pass them and be better than them. FTG

Im really jeasous that we are getting a wifi system implemented which is costing more than 10 times the whopping 100k they are spending on there pitch. Sweet Jes i wont be able to sleep for weeks. Cacking it. 

:facepalm:

On 15/06/2017 at 19:13, 22A said:

Then for a real laugh and delusion; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9974/bournemouth

So many similarities not least of all the managers style. Together anything is possible.

I just realised something watching this, it doesn't matter how much money you have in football, it is about the togetherness and that is what DC is achieving with us, team spirit, two promotions in two seasons, top ten finish, players proud to wear the shirt, good attacking football, playing for each other, a young up and coming manager with bright ideas. A proud football club. That is something they don't have over the dark side of Bristol and that's why they are so obsessed with us, it strikes me that they are envious and jealous of what DC is doing hereSo we have to believe that we can do the same as Bournemouth, get behind the lads, even when it's not going right and we can succeed, pass them and be better than them. FTG

I'm at a bit of a loose end tonight, truth be told but that's brilliant! It has really lifted my spirits.

It's not just the gas logic - "we don't need money, we'll aim to emulate Bournemouth" (who spent a shed load of money, for any dear reader unaware).

It's also a really poorly constructed case: "togetherness....team spirit....playing for each other..., proud to wear the shirt....A proud football club" are all one in the same point.

"DC achieving.... being an up and coming manager with bright ideas" is point two. 

And then some excitement about winning a penalty shoot out against Grimsby to get back into the football league and then coming third in league 2.  I do not think we have come lower than 10th in League 1 in 20 odd years.

Then, just to blow anybody of an analylitical mind completely an utterly away, it is claimed we are for some reason jealous and obsessed with them.

The conclusion of the piece, by the orator's own admission is to believe that they can emulate Bournemouth and overtake us.

Well, ****king Hell!  

The post was obviously written by a 15y/o so really I'm being a bit harsh.  Still, it's been an amusing gift on a quiet Friday night in.

• Like 2

On 2017-6-15 at 19:13, 22A said:

So the gas have friendlies against Yate and Melksham on the same day.

It becomes amusing when one of the blue few complains a non league team has a £7 million pound stadium and then another realises there's several non league teams with better grounds than the Mem.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9989/friendly-melksham

But of course when everything goes wrong for the "family club"..

Image result for horse punchers

They must feel so prowed of their football club when they're standing in a shit filled, pissed stained tent they stole from Bristol rugby..

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 9

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The latest gift I've seen on twitter . Actually printing t shirts about a friendly . It's like it's the first time they been on a plane or something :rofl2br:

IMG_0143.JPG

Yeah, where's our 'City in Namibia' t-shirts, Steve?  Bloody Bristol Sport!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

The latest gift I've seen on twitter . Actually printing t shirts about a friendly . It's like it's the first time they been on a plane or something :rofl2br:

IMG_0143.JPG

Is this match to honour the Dean Windass hero worship? 

4 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I'm at a bit of a loose end tonight, truth be told but that's brilliant! It has really lifted my spirits.

It's not just the gas logic - "we don't need money, we'll aim to emulate Bournemouth" (who spent a shed load of money, for any dear reader unaware).

It's also a really poorly constructed case: "togetherness....team spirit....playing for each other..., proud to wear the shirt....A proud football club" are all one in the same point.

"DC achieving.... being an up and coming manager with bright ideas" is point two. 

And then some excitement about winning a penalty shoot out against Grimsby to get back into the football league and then coming third in league 2.  I do not think we have come lower than 10th in League 1 in 20 odd years.

Then, just to blow anybody of an analylitical mind completely an utterly away, it is claimed we are for some reason jealous and obsessed with them.

The conclusion of the piece, by the orator's own admission is to believe that they can emulate Bournemouth and overtake us.

Well, ****king Hell!  

The post was obviously written by a 15y/o so really I'm being a bit harsh.  Still, it's been an amusing gift on a quiet Friday night in.

Counter arguments:

1. Their owner is considerably richer than Bournemouth's.

2. They both have crap stadiums.

3. Er, that's it.

You win then.:clap:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bristol-Rovers-FC-Eastville-North-Stand-Seat-/192215103522?hash=item2cc0e9b822:g:HnMAAOSwDrNZPneM

just in case anyone is interested....:thumbsup::thumbsup: check out this belters other items iam actually nearly crying:clapping:

He's also selling this:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GARY-GLITTER-rare-2-single-All-That-Glitters-/192218079910?hash=item2cc11722a6%3Ag%3Ah40AAOSwjKFZQmpt&_trkparms=pageci%3A948c3e11-532a-11e7-8e05-74dbd1804d6e%7Cparentrq%3Ab4d9eeeb15c0aa18b34f29adfffdcba3%7Ciid%3A10

I'm not sure what's worse, Eastville stadium tat or a Gary Glitter record.

3 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Gary Glitter is rhyming slang, and Eastville was a steaming pile of ordure, so I can definitely see a link.

I would be more embarrassed by the seat.

11 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

IMG_0143.JPG

Quite possibly, one of the THE most tragic things i've ever, ever seen....what next for the delusional inbreds??

12 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bristol-Rovers-FC-Eastville-North-Stand-Seat-/192215103522?hash=item2cc0e9b822:g:HnMAAOSwDrNZPneM

just in case anyone is interested....:thumbsup::thumbsup: check out this belters other items iam actually nearly crying:clapping:

Dopey won't be happy. If Wally's bid wins it then that'll be the transfer budget halved.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

It has a piccy of the dogtrack, I forgot all about the evenings me and my mates spent down there when one of us could drive and had a car at 17, couple of pints, chips and a flutter on the dogs, happy days......... :sad26:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I wonder if any of the goaty-breath shithouses printed survival t-shirts for the Mansfield match? I wouldn't have put it past them.

They didn't need to, they printed all the survival t-shirts after beating Wycombe....oh, oh hang on.....

• Like 3

It appears that not everyone at the club is buying in to Darrell`s dream as one of their better players, Peter Hartley, has buggered off to Blackpool. He`s quoted as saying that once he knew they were interested it was a no-brainer for him.

That will be the Blackpool that are a total car crash of a club with one of the dodgiest owners in football resulting in no-one going to watch them, no money and, until last season, have been in free fall yet he still sees them as a better prospect than the g*s!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It appears that not everyone at the club is buying in to Darrell`s dream as one of their better players, Peter Hartley, has buggered off to Blackpool. He`s quoted as saying that once he knew they were interested it was a no-brainer for him.

That will be the Blackpool that are a total car crash of a club with one of the dodgiest owners in football resulting in no-one going to watch them, no money and, until last season, have been in free fall yet he still sees them as a better prospect than the g*s!

Sorry, thought you were talking about the sags !

• Like 7

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 01:07, bend it like brian said:

No Eastville South Stand seats then? Funny that.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Didn't take long........

"3,000 away fans to The Valley, surely"?

We certainly owe them a result after last seasons drubbings too!!!

Assuming that's their opening day fixture, I'd fully expect them to take 3k to Charlton. 

• Like 2