IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Slippin cider said:

And you’re not allowed to jump up and down if they score! ....it’s just not allowed ..so stop it! ..:laughcont:

That did strike me as a strange request TBH but it seems more to do with the pushing and shoving if / when the peasants score.

I think back to the old east end surges, what on earth would the H and S mob make of that nowadays? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

That did strike me as a strange request TBH but it seems more to do with the pushing and shoving if / when the peasants score.

I think back to the old east end surges, what on earth would the H and S mob make of that nowadays? 

After seeing the images of Lille not very much I'll be bound .

We are so bloody soppy these days . 

Many times as a youngster I entered or left Ashton Gate without my feet even touching the ground as I was transported by the crowd.

• Like 2

Henbury Gas
Gas 
about an hour ago
I'm confused how if you trip in a crowded gangway you could fall into the pitch side fence but apparently an empty gangway will prevent this. I'd take the bloke seriously if he talked any sense.

Taking the fun out of football I would suggest is the way that attendances will fall. Perhaps we could ask those inconsiderate players to stop scoring thus stopping all that dangerous celebrating.

Is it really that difficult not to stand in a gangway and not to let off flares?

It's not asking much is it.

That's the sort of thing i would expect from our friends south of the river, not true gasheads

13 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:
Henbury Gas
Gas 
about an hour ago
I'm confused how if you trip in a crowded gangway you could fall into the pitch side fence but apparently an empty gangway will prevent this. I'd take the bloke seriously if he talked any sense.

Taking the fun out of football I would suggest is the way that attendances will fall. Perhaps we could ask those inconsiderate players to stop scoring thus stopping all that dangerous celebrating.

Is it really that difficult not to stand in a gangway and not to let off flares?

It's not asking much is it.

That's the sort of thing i would expect from our friends south of the river, not true gasheads

Is it us with the threat of partial capacity cuts? No.

Is it us with racism problems? No

Is it us with supporters appearing in court accused of sexual offences caused by playing boob cricket? No

Is it us who has received a warning from our Chairman over behaviour in our stadium? No

Is it us that's 'been frew 2 divorces, Labour frew the Thatcher years, sob, sob' 'I would rather my dog died'? No

Extreme smugness on our part methinks, as usual! :)

The idiot from Henbury is living in a parallel universe! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That article is hilarious and the way that their club chairman, in an official capacity, refers to the ground as "the Mem" and the team as "the Gas" is cringeworthy and beyond tinpot! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not like them to get there hopes up . I expect there will be plenty of opposition. This is Bristol after all 

The "good start to discussing stadium's future" article contains hope of things like a micro brewery or bakery. Gas Bitter (yes, a lot of em are) served in pint tinpots? Wael Ale? SOURdough bread? Lots of possibilities here folks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Could not stop laughing when I read this in the post this morning. Losing £ how much per week? lines of credit dried up? supporters club money going missing, ground capacity reduction (isn't much capacity anyway and now no standing and cheering when they score. In recievership by March if they don't raise some cash It's the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Hmm, in that case....

Every BREATH you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break, every step you take

We'll be watching you!!

Which is a subsequent single to the Police's anthem about being a Rovers fan......

So Lonely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Not like them to get there hopes up . I expect there will be plenty of opposition. This is Bristol after all 

So it is all bullshit then. This meeting was instigated by the opposition, who think that dialogue with the club/owners will get them a better deal for their area. The club/ owners representatives met the opposition and listened to the oppositions wish list about revenue streams for the "new stadium" who told them that they are (considering) building a new stadium and that if it's built, it will be self funding. So, apart from meeting the representatives from the area, at their request, who still refer to it as the Memorial Ground, nothing has happened. Local media non story, to keep the blue hordes happy, unless I've read the info wrong.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They may need a new ground after next weeks hurricane, the car ports and tents will never survive and the plastic chairs are going to be blown all over Whorefield. Hope Wally has good insurance. Themem will be a desolate wasteground by Wednesday.

How will we tell?!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They may need a new ground after next weeks hurricane, the car ports and tents will never survive and the plastic chairs are going to be blown all over Whorefield. Hope Wally has good insurance. 

All part of our master plan.

We are with the Royal & Selfunding Alliance

• Like 1

I know this is as much the doing of the Bristol Post as that mob up the road, but to call a podcast "Gassing out loud" is just hilarious! Does anyone connected with them ever stop to think that so much about that club just makes us laugh, and laugh some more before they just serve up another portion of hilarity?!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-post-launches-new-bristol-613481

• Like 1
  • Haha 3