IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bless em over on Gaschat.

They still believe that Wally owns a bank, and that his family aren't just shareholders answerable to other shareholders.

Another case of “Chinese whispers”. 

Most of them are gullible enough to believe that he’s a “cunning banker”...! 

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

When it comes to the women's team, Al Qadi had a clarification to make about their local rivals, saying: "Bristol City didn't invest in women football, they stole our team. Their women's team was Rovers'. The former owner decided to stop funding the women's team. Our job is to recapture it."

wow, no one owns them, they are a club in their own right are they not?

So if I stop paying the mortgage on my house and the bank repossess it  and sell it on to someone else, I can tell people that the new owners stole it from me?

In the film Local Hero, one of the local lairds complains that the oil company have stolen his land... " I asked for a million pounds  and they said yes" maybe this is Wael of Fortunes favourite film?

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

"I thought that United Kingdom would be the best place. The footballing culture there is well established, their market is efficient, the laws and regulations there protect the investor so it was a matter of finding what club was the most suitable."

Interesting wording for him to use.

Very good spot James.

That's the nail on the head, because if the laws and regulations protect the investor then what are they not protecting?

Answers on a blue and white postcard to Dwane Sports.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

you are forgetting the 6% interest rate that they have on top of that 10 million, the club have to find 600k a year just to pay the interest,

It's all designed for the club to go into receivership, so the ground can be brought for £1   and then can be used for housing while the gas are left homeless,

Weal taking over has always been a land grab, when the shit hits the fan, two prime development locations can be grabbed well below market value

and they are too thick to see it

I just wondered where the 6% interest rate has been published?  The last set of available accounts cover some of the period of the Wonga loan, so surely the actual interest on Wael loans won't be clarified until the next set of accounts?

On the other hand, I might be talking out of my arse, as I'm not a qualified accountant! 

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Very good spot James.

That's the nail on the head, because if the laws and regulations protect the investor then what are they not protecting?

Answers on a blue and white postcard to Dwane Sports.

Dwane sports. Owned by this bloke. Thermos at the ready. 

pho6l9e.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I just wondered where the 6% interest rate has been published?  The last set of available accounts cover some of the period of the Wonga loan, so surely the actual interest on Wael loans won't be clarified until the next set of accounts?

On the other hand, I might be talking out of my arse, as I'm not a qualified accountant! 

Sssh!

We don’t want your reasonable debate on here! We want to predict doom and gloom.

Either way though, the next set of accounts will be interesting for someone else to read, and as an equally unqualified accountant, for me to use to focus on the negatives.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

No. They are under the Bristol Sport umberella. 

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I believe they were Bristol Academy after dropping the rovers name and before joining Bristol Sport weren't they?

Yes they then changed their name and came under the Bristol sport umbrella. 

I think we need to be clear that Bristol sport are a company that offer marketing, legal advice, expertise in sports and commercial facilities. They as far as I know do not own any of the entities. So if any of the sports teams wanted they can go elsewhere. I think it makes perfect sense to outsource all this stuff myself, and until Bristol sport **** up I can't see why any of them would want to part ways.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, In the Net said:

My wife deals with a lot of businesses at a company secretarial level, she feels that the 6% is more of a notional figure rather than an actual cash sum. It's the sort of thing that might be recouped at a later sale. So they would be looking for a potential buyer to pay them £10m + the accrued interest.

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sssh!

We don’t want your reasonable debate on here! We want to predict doom and gloom.

Either way though, the next set of accounts will be interesting for someone else to read, and as an equally unqualified accountant, for me to use to focus on the negatives.

I think it's "In The Net's" way of saying, everyone on here is also talking out of their Arses, as they also aren't accountants.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, In the Net said:

It hasn't been but I repeated the calculation that Swiss must have made on the accounts and the simple average of interest paid / 0.5 x (opening debt + closing debt) gave about 5.8% IIRC Post so far upthread I'm not going to even try to find it).

The key assumptions within that calculation are that:

• All figures relate to the same debt to Dwane Sports (it's possible chunks of it relate to debts to others like ex-directors)
  • That a simple average like that is broadly reflective of the average debt for the year. 

There isn't enough information to prove it but it looks about the right level for that sort of lending on a commercial basis.

• Like 1

Didn't BCFC have a ladies team that became the Bristol academy, which then became the Gas academy, which then went full circle and back to Bristol City Ladies?

I think they stole the team, changed it's name, and Bristol sport provided the funding for it to survive and changed the name back.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

My wife deals with a lot of businesses at a company secretarial level, she feels that the 6% is more of a notional figure rather than an actual cash sum. It's the sort of thing that might be recouped at a later sale. So they would be looking for a potential buyer to pay them £10m + the accrued interest.

None of its being physically paid back to DS; it's adding to the debt.  But as the debt is only secured up to £10m then even notional interest exhausts that £10m.  My estimate for the £10m RCF on the Mem being fully drawn is about March 2018.  At that point they either fund it with unsecured money, sell the Mem and take their £10m back, or put the club up for sale for £10m and the debt cancelled and get their money back that way.

If they are as nice as we keep hearing then it will be the first of those.  But we shall see.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Didn't BCFC have a ladies team that became the Bristol academy, which then became the Gas academy, which then went full circle and back to Bristol City Ladies?

I think they stole the team, changed it's name, and Bristol sport provided the funding for it to survive and changed the name back.

The team has no financial value; women's football loses great multiples of its turnover and if there was a FFP for women's football it would all close down tomorrow.

So I don't see how SL cna be accused of "stealing" it when what he has actually done is put his hand in his pocket to allow it to continue.  You may as well say that every four years a city "steals" The Commonwealth Games because hosting them costs a fortune.

Anyway, rather than form a trust to purchase the Rugby ground and let BRFC play there, as it was previously held in a trust, until certain people changed that and made the Rugby ground into a company. So you wouldn't want the chance of that happening again. 

I suggest a wealthy person, bales out Wael and purchases the rugby ground, then develops it into a top class rugby stadium, where two rugby teams share it, Bristol Rugby and the new rugby league team shortly coming to Bristol, merged from Gloucester and Oxford. Ashton gate can then play host to Bristol City, Bristol City Ladies and a new adjacent arena for basketball and concerts.

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I was going to write the very same

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

The team has no financial value; women's football loses great multiples of its turnover and if there was a FFP for women's football it would all close down tomorrow.

So I don't see how SL cna be accused of "stealing" it when what he has actually done is put his hand in his pocket to allow it to continue.  You may as well say that every four years a city "steals" The Commonwealth Games because hosting them costs a fortune.

Perhaps I didn't write that correctly, I was saying that they, being BRFC, stole the team initially.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, In the Net said:

from your agm apparently 

38 minutes ago, Rich said:

25 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I was going to write the very same

Nope. City did previously have a women's team but not linked at all to Bristol Rovers Women/Bristol Academy.

Screenshot_20171102-201035.png