IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Just caught the rovers chairman saying that their academy players have to buy their own kits etc, and if they can't afford them they'll need to find the support from elsewhere. Did I hear right??

I caught that as well, even GT was dumbstruck.

The gift keeps on giving!!

• Haha 2

So all but confirmed that the family can't afford it on their own, done absolutely nothing about mem redevelopment other than have a nice little chat about it over a cup of tea, youth teams got to buy their own kit, Hanni pulls all the strings and it is clear the family chucked weal to the forefront to keep him out of the way and the chairman lives in London. 

Missed anything?

Oh and it was dwaine sports decision to pull out of UWE and not the football clubs!?!?!?

Edited by pride of the west
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

Just caught the rovers chairman saying that their academy players have to buy their own kits etc, and if they can't afford them they'll need to find the support from elsewhere. Did I hear right??

:blink:

:rofl2br:

4 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

My favourite quote from Mr Hamer was that they don't consider Bristol a two team City.............................Neither do we.

Was he pissed or something?

• Haha 4

I only listened to the last 15 minutes from the bit about the academy players having to buy the jester's uniform.

He should be an MP the way he side swiped the questions.

He did say the training pitches will be ready by August next year I think. He'll be carpeted for that.

I certainly wouldn't like to buy  a second hand car from him.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, harrys said:

Rovers move to Bath?

I’m sure Rovers would consider going back to a ground share with Bath City, but would Bath want them? In 2016 the Bath City supporters raised sufficient money to turn the club into a community owed asset, and almost certainly wouldn’t want the prospect of Rovers attempting a back door take over. 

Sharing with Bath Rugby in Bath is also unlikely as their ground owned by a charitable trust

Mangotsfield might be an option

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

My favourite quote from Mr Hamer was that they don't consider Bristol a two team City.............................Neither do we.

Wow! Does that mean him, Wael & co think this is Gas town then? In other news, a big thud was heard in Horfield as the penny finally dropped for the blue few that they are owned and run by a bunch of total frauds!

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Well at least it's starting to dawn on them.

For the majority of them it isn't. It's all "evolution not revolution" and the "spirit of Twerton".

They do not have a pot to piss in. The only reason the goat shaggers got involved was because of UWE. Higgs sold them a turkey there and now they're stuck. Hence the charge on the Mem. Now its all about WAQ and his tribe getting out with as little loss as possible and passing it on to some other mug. 

14 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Wow! Does that mean him, Wael & co think this is Gas town then? In other news, a big thud was heard in Horfield as the penny finally dropped for the blue few that they are owned and run by a bunch of total frauds!

I listen to Geoff frequently (as many of you do). 

I got a clear sense that GT was more than disappointed with the answers given. You could sense it in the delivery of questions and his responses to Hamer's answers.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Swede said:

I only listened to the last 15 minutes from the bit about the academy players having to buy the jester's uniform.

He should be an MP the way he side swiped the questions.

He did say the training pitches will be ready by August next year I think. He'll be carpeted for that.

I certainly wouldn't like to buy  a second hand car from him.

He said: 4 training pitches will be ready by July 2019 with other facilities to follow thereafter.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He said: 4 training pitches will be ready by July 2019 with other facilities to follow thereafter.

So they've got 18 months... to get some rollers out, plant some seed and build some changing rooms.

Have they called Anneka Rice? She could have it done by the end if this week. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

So Wally has invested 12 million to date.... what's that in REAL terms?

Gonna guess 36 on the Tilson scale.

Buying the club is not the same as investing in it. 

Or have I missed something? 

If I buy a house, the house remains the same until I spend further money on doing it up. 

14 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Great. Training Pitches. 

Lets take a different, but not unconnected scenario.  You have been offered a job at Apple. The training and training facilities are absolutely fantastic. But when it comes to the actual job, you work in a dilapidated office with little support....

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So Wally has invested 12 million to date.... what's that in REAL terms?

Gonna guess 36 on the Tilson scale.

No. He’s remortgaged their only asset to cover their own losses and it’s (will do) taken 2 years to exhaust that “revenue”. 

From the moment that runs out, they are in serious trouble! 

• Like 1

Absolutely superb performance by Mr Twentyman there; take a bow sir.

He remained polite and kept it moving but Hamer was clearly rattled and defensive.

• He's the owner - you don't hear from Roman Abramovich
  • He's the manager - he can shut up and look after the team

And the loan won't be called in until Rovers reach the Premiership :rofl2br:

Great listen, I love the random references that Hamer shoves in "World War Two Bomber Found on the Moon".

That thing about it being good that their Academy boys have to buy their own kit was reminiscent of those Bird and Fortune head to heads where one becomes more and more ludicrous and the other, whilst goggling incredulously at him, keeps going "Yes, I see, yes".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05lps2z

Comedy programme of the week!  I turned off Alexei Sayle's show earlier and this was far funnier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2