IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

The problem is that it can only get worse.  If they get promotion (very unlikely), it will cost them a fortune and if they get relegated (becoming more and more likely), their fanbase would drop and they would need to invest heavily to get out of L2.

They are truly stuffed either way and even more so if they get a Christmas stuffing.

They really need to draw a big team in the cup (oh dear, they have been knocked out of all of the cups already).

How long is Wally going to carry on losing £2 million a year with no light at the end of the tunnel and how much longer will the dog fiddler want to stay?

Their star player, Billy Bunter will be off in January for a pittance too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Rovers chairman has effectively conceded Bristol dominance with his 'I don't see this as a two team city' comment.

Not even a mention of Championship ambition.

I think they view a season in the Championship as an irritating stepping stone, en route to world domination..! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whatever happened to the Chinese consortium who were going to invest in the project?

I think you misunderstood. 

That was probably just Wally getting a free bag of prawn crackers with his delivery order of over £10. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

a better comparison and fairer one would be port vale and stoke

I was thinking the other day, would it be fair to make a rough comparison to Liverpool and Everton but transpose it down a couple of divisions?

If I recall correctly Everton had a brief period of almost dominance in the eighties after trailing considerably during the seventies and are now on the brink of disaster.....

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This could be a fun game, how about Brewsters Millions or Trading Places? My favourite would be The Million Pound Note, a film where someone is given £1m but he can't spend it because it's all in one note, just like those gasheads waiting for their "billionaires" to start opening the vaults.

Ted

Ted 2 (Far ahead of us)

Pirates not of the Carabao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1