IGNORED

Wells can relax - Messi going to PSG

Hampshire Red

6 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Let's hope he can show interest, commitmrent and a touch of talent this evening. His palce is no longer under threat from Lionel who is apparently going to earn £25m pa AFTER tax, plus bonuses. I reckon the sole reason we didnt get our man is he questioned the likelihood of the bonus!!

Wow  and I thought Messi was NP,s ace and he was about to make it public on Wednesday morning after the loss to FGR in the Carabo Cup. ?

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Boring, boring transfer. 

Should have gone United, that would have spiced the prem up a bit. 

Not saying United could have afforded him mind, but at this rate City are going to win the prem at a canter, with PSG following suit in the champions league.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. For me the best signing they have made is the goalkeeper not Messi or Ramos

Edited by Super

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Am I being miserable or are the jokes you get on here suggesting we could've signed Messi, the joke (I think) being that it's totally unrealistic, just unfunny and boring?

Either you or me is getting a whoosh Phileas. Nobody thinks we were signing LM. 

2 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Lionel who is apparently going to earn £25m pa AFTER tax, plus bonuses. I reckon the sole reason we didnt get our man is he questioned the likelihood of the bonus!!

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

€500K a week AFTER tax plus bonuses and image rights! How will the poor lamb survive on that? ?

I think some of you on here are being quite harsh on poor Messi.

In an effort to demonstrate to his faithful Barca supporters just how much the club (and their supporters) meant to him, he did offer to take a 50% drop in salary from his €70M (£60M) annual salary , i.e. a mere £1.1M per week.

Unfortunately, Lionel's generous offer was not accepted, and he has now been 'forced' to decamp to Paris, resulting in a huge drop in salary: as has been mentioned, he is now going to be on only £500K per week and, in addition, there is no guarantee that his new accommodation will even have a swimming pool!  

52 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think some of you on here are being quite harsh on poor Messi.

In an effort to demonstrate to his faithful Barca supporters just how much the club (and their supporters) meant to him, he did offer to take a 50% drop in salary from his €70M (£60M) annual salary , i.e. a mere £1.1M per week.

Unfortunately, Lionel's generous offer was not accepted, and he has now been 'forced' to decamp to Paris, resulting in a huge drop in salary: as has been mentioned, he is now going to be on only £500K per week and, in addition, there is no guarantee that his new accommodation will even have a swimming pool!  

With a €25M signing on fee, I reckon he can just about afford to put one in Phil.

Poor bugger.

2 hours ago, James54De said:

As they’ve already been ‘punished’ for a breach, action can only be taken again in 2024. Or so I’ve read. 

I don't doubt what you've read and I'm going to research it myself, but they were cleared to 2018 from my first search- that's an old cycle, there was talk that they would have to sell 180m euros worth of players but the deadline or the timeframe wasn't mentioned so much. In 2018 they had to sell a certain amount worth of players by the end of June. May well have done.

There was a settlement agreement in 2014, as there was for Man City but that's well outside the cycle in question. Wolves and Lille also under them and I don't know how it works for Lille but Wolves seem quite hemmed in by theirs. Might be why Lille sold players and lost players even after winning Ligue 1 in May.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

33 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Exactly.

I am no @Mr Popodopolous but I do not get it.

Their owner is on the EUFA committee, I would guess that helps plus their version of FFP has been 'relaxed' recently for a year. Convenient eh?

What a front line they will have though, Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Not bad that. ;)

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Their owner is on the EUFA committee, I would guess that helps plus their version of FFP has been 'relaxed' recently for a year. Convenient eh?

What a front line they will have though, Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Not bad that. ;)

I think it is their chairman rather than their owner.

FFP is not something that I am a fan of for a number of reasons, but to have different rules from country to country makes an absolute mockery of what, already, is a shambles.

• Thanks 1