IGNORED

Joe Williams

James54De

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I understand the frustrations of fellow fans, but it really pisses me off when people talk as if the players are somehow at fault when they are injured, this is rarely the case.

I don’t think anyone is directly blaming players but for me personally i am certainly suspicious of players with long standing injuries records.

As unbelievable as it may seem to the average football fan but there are a % of professional footballers who like in any profession for whatever reason are happy to do bare minimum (go off sick) and pick up a wage. For said % of pro’s it is a job and nothing more and given the chance they would rather pick up their X amount of thousands of pounds per week for doing very little. Now i am not suggesting Mr Williams is one of these but as fans we have to accept that like in any work place these individuals do exist…..

1 minute ago, Enter Sandman said:

Completely wrong. Why would he go across the defender onto his right foot which he can’t use. It was crap. Simples. 

If he goes across the defender, the defender can’t touch him. If he goes across the defender, he’s got more of the goal to aim at.

If he carries on going wide the defender can shield him away, and it also makes the angle more difficult to score. In the end it was just a poor touch by O’Dowda…

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

If he goes across the defender, the defender can’t touch him. If he goes across the defender, he’s got more of the goal to aim at.

If he carries on going wide the defender can shield him away, and it also makes the angle more difficult to score. In the end it was just a poor touch by O’Dowda…

A poor touch. Exactly. Why go onto his right when he won’t shoot with his right. He should control it onto his left and hit it. He’s crap. 

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In all seriousness my biggest concern is that the previous regime have caused long term damage to some of our players.  I really hope not, but if we see the likes of Callum, Martin, Williams, etc, constantly breaking down the fear might be that their careers are over.  I’m not suggesting O’Dowda’s injury on Saturday is related.

This is nothing to do with a previous regime. If he cannot fulfill his obligations then we need to look at the options open to us. The previous medical team didn't cause his injuries but just treated them. Lets say he earns £5k per week then that's not bad money for doing sod all. We would all take that given the chance.

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

This is nothing to do with a previous regime. If he cannot fulfill his obligations then we need to look at the options open to us. The previous medical team didn't cause his injuries but just treated them. Lets say he earns £5k per week then that's not bad money for doing sod all. We would all take that given the chance.

Agreed.. I’d imagine Williams is on circa £10k per week at least, not a bad screw is it for doing not a great deal.

Like i said i think certain people need to stop being so naive and wake up to the realisation that sick notes are in every walk of life/profession and shock horror that includes professional football.

47 minutes ago, bris red said:

Agreed.. I’d imagine Williams is on circa £10k per week at least, not a bad screw is it for doing not a great deal.

Like i said i think certain people need to stop being so naive and wake up to the realisation that sick notes are in every walk of life/profession and shock horror that includes professional football.

Christ, sign me up City. I'd be prepared to not play football for you for only £8K a week, saving you £104K in a year!

I'd even throw in doing Nigel's press conferences for him, saving the boss a chore he obviously can't stand.

I'd be loath to write anyone off as a sicknote without them being given a chance to work with the new medical team.

And it's noticeable that most of the accusations are coming from people who refused to believe that last season's collective injury woes were anything other than bad luck and coincidence...

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Not quite sure whether sitting behind a keyboard and using an anonymous surname prevents you from being sued for slander. It's really easy to slag someone off this way when they haven't got a avenue of reply isn't it. As was pointed out by @1960maaan, he had a pretty good appearance record before he came here, and there is nothing else in his career that suggests that your cynicism is justified. 
If your logic was followed to the letter there would never be a premier league footballer on the pitch, but the vast majority of these players are motivated by more than money. 

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I'd be loath to write anyone off as a sicknote without them being given a chance to work with the new medical team.

And it's noticeable that most of the accusations are coming from people who refused to believe that last season's collective injury woes were anything other than bad luck and coincidence...

Thank you.

Why does an injured player who’s been out for a long time have to be called a sick note.

Having had several injuries in my playing days, they eventually caught up with me and I had to stop at 30/31.  3 cartilage ops, one ACL, one double-hernia, dislocated shoulder, etc.  I was probably of guilty of playing too often  when not fully fit.  Sick note is the mast thing any of my team mates would have called me….injury prone, that’s different.

To label Williams a sick note is wrong imho.

Marley Watkins could be labelled a sciver?  That’s a different story though!

Just now, Davefevs said:

Thank you.

Why does an injured player who’s been out for a long time have to be called a sick note.

Having had several injuries in my playing days, they eventually caught up with me and I had to stop at 30/31.  3 cartilage ops, one ACL, one double-hernia, dislocated shoulder, etc.  I was probably of guilty of playing too often  when not fully fit.  Sick note is the mast thing any of my team mates would have called me….injury prone, that’s different.

Not all "injuries" are physical.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thank you.

I fear there could be more bad news on the injury front for Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Not all "injuries" are physical.

Indeed, but to the posters having a dig at Williams, I think it’s pretty fair to say that the way Rennie managed him on a bespoke pre-season plan shows it’s a physical issue….and they seem very worried to not push players too quickly.

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

I fear there could be more bad news on the injury front for Saturday.

Who?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Indeed, but to the posters having a dig at Williams, I think it’s pretty fair to say that the way Rennie managed him on a bespoke pre-season plan shows it’s a physical issue….and they seem very worried to not push players too quickly.

Who?

The suspense is killing me. 

23465E53-179F-4433-BAB3-9F72F855EFD5.gif

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

And conversely it may suit them to get paid for doing a big fat zero. Not saying they do but with some of them it is getting a tad suspicious. I'm not in the managers plans. Covid stuffs up any chance of a lucrative transfer. Stuff it, let's call in sick.

Stranger things have happened Tone :thumbsup:

Archived