IGNORED

Brentford

daored

28 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I do too. But if they don’t and they end up being relegated they will, of course, have PP and so in the words of our departed leader “ they go again”.

The obvious thing is to get promoted and try all that you can to stay there but, spend sensibly realizing that you will probably get relegated.

Watford and West Brom seem to have that strategy perfectly embedded in their outlooks!

Shows how juvenile the majority of posters on here are; BCFC have been in the top flight, unlike many other clubs including one not far from where we play. We shouldnt hang our heads in shame for not playing in the Super League (AKA EPL)- for some of the past 5 years we have been more than holding our own in the Championship and for every club like Brighton, Brentford that is mentioned, i can name 10 others that would love to be where BCFC are - just get a life  and accept that times change.

Most people i know who support City HATE the EPL, the obscene money now needed to 'drive the business forward',  the Super-League privileges guaranteed to those who have to drop down to our league for a season or two and finally any young guns who 'love Brentford' probably also love England's team going to the World Cup in Qatar- so have few if any moral experience / standing, IMO

Of course Bees get EPL kids as they dont want to leave London which is where many have landed in Uk and have freinds/family. It takes real effort and hard work and good negotiating skills by management to get players like Tammy to leave London for BCFC - another well done to the man who delivered great transfer activity for us but seems to be a scapegoat for the fact we are no longer expecting to do as well as 1,2 3,4 or 5 years ago

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I don't think he will get as many and Brentford will likely struggle but I think he will do ok for a striker in a struggling side.

Scored a lot of penalties last season. He’ll struggle to get into double figures in my opinion. The bloke thinks a lot of himself 

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

I love the "who the effin hell are you " mentality that Brentford have + pace and power. Cotts gave us that, he was flawed, but closest we've been in the attitude stakes in recent years.

I guess it's almost expected when we're playing in the third tier, Cotts didn't quite pull it off in the second tier where we should still be able to as our natural level. LJ side was a different beast and was more about press, pass and move and didn't have the power.

I think NP seems to have that attitude, obviously we're still waiting to see how that influences the squad. 

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

Scored a lot of penalties last season. He’ll struggle to get into double figures in my opinion. The bloke thinks a lot of himself 

I think he will get around 10 which wouldn't be bad for a first season in the top flight. 

I think he is an equivalent to Watkins that scored 15 last season in a villa side that struggled.

TBF if I was a professional footballer playing in the top flight I'd probably think a lot of myself as well. 

the difference between them and us.......the managers the chairmans picked.

Which brings me back to...who is to "blame" the players, the managers who brought the players here or the managers the chairmen brought in???? chairman it is then.

4 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Which brings me back to...who is to "blame" the players, the managers who brought the players here or the managers the chairmen brought in???? chairman it is then.

It’s doesn’t matter now. The main protagonists are no longer at the club. Time to let it go and move on.

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Well done Brentford.........but the  second goal was a foul on the keeper

Nah…..he should have muscled himself free.  Blocking off at he goalkeeper is an age old tactic. I remember doing exactly that 50+years ago as a schoolboy.

The ‘keeper was weak.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nah…..he should have muscled himself free.  Blocking off at he goalkeeper is an age old tactic. I remember doing exactly that 50+years ago as a schoolboy.

The ‘keeper was weak.

I think you''ll find....    an armlock is not blocking?...it's holding 

1 hour ago, Red Shadow said:

Aaghh, FFS! Football didn't start in 1992! The Premier League is the top flight of English football. We have been there. Before some other clubs. All it is is a different f'kin name. Don't be taken in by the myth that football started in 1992. This nonesense really boils my piss. Grrr, Rant over. ?

Agree but it has been almost 40 years since we have played in the top flight - that is not good enough in my opinion.

After 18 months - new ground, premier league football, beating a big (ish) side like Arsenal and going top of the league.   Can’t not be jealous but also happy for them, a well run decent club with great recruitment policy for several years.    

1 minute ago, Slippin cider said:

So let me get this right …it was Arsenal who relegated them from the top flight in 1947 and Brentford beat them tonight in their first game in the Premier league….incredible stuff ….well done Brentford! 

took a while to get their revenge…:ph34r:

Archived