IGNORED

Signed match worn shirts

WarksRobin

2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere on the forum but the squad’s signed, match worn shirts from the Cardiff win are being auctioned for charity.

https://www.matchwornshirt.com/club/bristol-city/858

Just looking at the FAQ.

approximately 79% of the money goes back to clubs, who mostly use the money for their charities, the rest is retained by the hosting company.

Just in case thar is important to people.

Anyone bidding around £400 for a Weiman shirt - hats off to you for having way too much money. 

If that shirt is worth £400 then how much is Murrays from "that" Cardiff game worth? Or how much would Burnell or Aaron Brown shirt from the LDV final in 2003 be worth?

I hate to be a spoilsport, but….

At full time, both Matty James and Antoine Semenyo took off the shirts they were wearing and handed them to fans in the crowd. Now, there is an argument that James may have changed at HT (unlikely) but as Semenyo came on in the second half, there is no way the shirt they’re advertising for sale is “match worn”, despite what any COA says.

And if you can’t trust those, can you trust the rest?

At best, Antoine and Mattys (and I’d guess a few others) are “match issue” but have never been worn.

So, you’re as well buying one from the club shop, getting it signed and bunging a sizeable amount to the charity of your choice.

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I hate to be a spoilsport, but….

At full time, both Matty James and Antoine Semenyo took off the shirts they were wearing and handed them to fans in the crowd. Now, there is an argument that James may have changed at HT (unlikely) but as Semenyo came on in the second half, there is no way the shirt they’re advertising for sale is “match worn”, despite what any COA says.

And if you can’t trust those, can you trust the rest?

At best, Antoine and Mattys (and I’d guess a few others) are “match issue” but have never been worn.

So, you’re as well buying one from the club shop, getting it signed and bunging a sizeable amount to the charity of your choice.

That’s a good point. The shirts are being sold as match worn with a certificate of authenticity. If they are not truly match worn, the club should make it clear. Maybe @JerrySLO can clarify.

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

Anyone bidding around £400 for a Weiman shirt - hats off to you for having way too much money. 

If that shirt is worth £400 then how much is Murrays from "that" Cardiff game worth? Or how much would Burnell or Aaron Brown shirt from the LDV final in 2003 be worth?

I’d imagine they’d all go for about £8.35 each - why would anyone pay huge sums of money to purchase a garment that has been worn by another human being?! I remember when someone paid something like £26,000 for a banana skin from a banana eaten by Keira Knightly or someone like that ... why? Just why?!

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’d imagine they’d all go for about £8.35 each - why would anyone pay huge sums of money to purchase a garment that has been worn by another human being?! I remember when someone paid something like £26,000 for a banana skin from a banana eaten by Keira Knightly or someone like that ... why? Just why?!

The Cult of Celebrity unfortunately :(

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that might be your opinion, but clearly people do spend large amounts on worn shirts so you’re probably wrong

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just looking at the FAQ.

approximately 79% of the money goes back to clubs, who mostly use the money for their charities, the rest is retained by the hosting company.

Just in case thar is important to people.

Currently it's about £800 retained for the company. That's to cover people's time, sourcing the shirts, getting them signed, the website, delivering etc. So likely they may make £600 profit. 

On 04/09/2021 at 08:37, MarcusX said:

Well that might be your opinion, but clearly people do spend large amounts on worn shirts so you’re probably wrong

Well, as you said, it’s my opinion that it is ridiculous to spend vast amounts on a garment that has previously adorned the body of another human being ... i’ll stand by that cheers

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, as you said, it’s my opinion that it is ridiculous to spend vast amounts on a garment that has previously adorned the body of another human being ... i’ll stand by that cheers

As someone that frequently steals ladies undergarments from washing lines,I find your disinterest a little baffling and quite frankly most peculiar. 

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What a strange post, are you ok?

I am very well thank you.My attempt at humour may have not come across very well.It was supposed to be a joke about wearing other people's clothes but I think it may be another one for the "out tray".

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I am very well thank you.My attempt at humour may have not come across very well.It was supposed to be a joke about wearing other people's clothes but I think it may be another one for the "out tray".

Don’t ever apologise for attempting to inject humour into any situation Slacker - this life is so full of horrible things, so we will always need a giggle to get through. I will apologise though, for not quite being on the same wavelength as you over your quip, keep smiling though, never stop!

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t ever apologise for attempting to inject humour into any situation Slacker - this life is so full of horrible things, so we will always need a giggle to get through. I will apologise though, for not quite being on the same wavelength as you over your quip, keep smiling though, never stop!

I will certainly try mate.In work on a 12 hour shift today so just trying to jolly myself along really.On the plus side,it sounds like I am missing a truly lousy game.Enjiy the rest of your weekend sir.

Just now, Slacker said:

I will certainly try mate.In work on a 12 hour shift today so just trying to jolly myself along really.On the plus side,it sounds like I am missing a truly lousy game.Enjiy the rest of your weekend sir.

Absolutely no apology needed.Context is often difficult in the written word.(Even when the joke is actually funny!)

Just now, Slacker said:

At least I got one laugh!You can't win em all I suppose Norn.

Well when I said "laugh" it wouldn't have been up there with one of Eric Morecambe's finest quips!

However, you're right that you can't win them all. It was great to read how BS4 and your good self were able to resolve any misunderstanding in a pleasant manner. One of you could've easily stormed off this thread having thought "Knickers to you."

I must be old. I doubt anyone younger than me would've heard of that expression!

I always try to avoid animosity if possible Norn.I have to be honest and say that occasionally my temper can get the better of me and I am always ashamed and embarrassed afterwards.I find it much easier to keep balanced on here because I have time to think about it as I post,and usually calm down before I hit the send button.There have been a few times when I have written arsey replies to something that has got under my skin a bit,then thought better of it and deleted it.Its all just opinions after all and I always try to give the benefit of doubt in regards to context.I do quite admire some poster's fire and passion though.

Archived