IGNORED

Likely ban of betting advertisements on Football shirts

Sandhurst Red

On 24/09/2021 at 09:08, Robbored said:

The most lucrative sponsorship goes to those clubs that get the most TV exposure so the likes of the Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and other PL clubs who of course have the biggest wage bills but how much of their income comes from sponsorship I have no idea.

Obviously they get vast amounts from Sky which is largely why these clubs can afford such massive salaries but match tickets are still hugely expensive - that’s if you can any.

It’s the clubs down the pyramid that would suffer the most if sponsorship was banned per se rather than just alcohol and betting companies. It would become a catch 22 situation for them 

That was not an answer to either of the questions with respect. As footballs income has increased the cost of attending has increased. BCFC Income has increased significantly over seasons (pre covid) and so have ticket prices. Income has increased and so has BCFC's wage bill by 100% +. 

The value of shirt sponsorship in keeping ticket prices down v the above is non existant.   

15 hours ago, Suffolk Red said:

Won't be buying another City shirt with a betting logo.

Last one I bought was Dunder but many people I know still have no idea what that is.

Certainly won't be buying the more obvious Mansion Bet. Not paying £50 to advertise for them.

Interestingly I saw a couple of people post during the summer that they were unwilling to buy a shirt with a betting logo any more so had bought a women’s team shirt in their size with Yeo Valley yoghurt (their sponsor) on it.

I’m much too old for replica shirts but thought it was a very smart idea.

• Like 1