IGNORED

Lansdown Q and A

frenchred

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

My question would be " Do you consider that the Board , including you, made a horribly wrong decision to employ Pulis instead of Moyes?"

With a follow up of "If you had recruited David Moyes at that time, do you now believe that City would have been a fixture in the Premier League if you had financially supported him as you did for another more recent City Head Coach?" 

Blame Scott Davidson rather than Lansdown for that.  He knew that Laycock wanted Pulis and let it happen.  Shocking mistake.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

My question would be " Do you consider that the Board , including you, made a horribly wrong decision to employ Pulis instead of Moyes?"

With a follow up of "If you had recruited David Moyes at that time, do you now believe that City would have been a fixture in the Premier League if you had financially supported him as you did for another more recent City Head Coach?" 

Unfortunately gave all his money to the wrong bloke out of all recent managers and we've been paying for it eversince .

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Burnley are owned by an American investment company that owns dozens of different sports teams and absolutely want to make money on the transaction.  None of the directors are fans of Burnley. The club was bought with a high-interest loan secured against the equity of the value of the team and club assets. I don't think it'll end well for The Clarets.

https://www.sportico.com/business/sales/2021/alk-capital-burnley-debt-1234621513/

Haven't got time to write more. Just off to se the bank to secure a loan to buy Man U using the value of the club's assets as security.... 

i would argue you are better off not having fans on the board as it stops head ruling heart!

but if that’s your criteria we will have to agree to differ

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

i would argue you are better off not having fans on the board as it stops head ruling heart!

but if that’s your criteria we will have to agree to differ

Yet you've cited Norwich, Brighton and Brentford as well-run clubs - each run by fans.

Mae your mind up!!

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yet you've cited Norwich, Brighton and Brentford as well-run clubs - each run by fans.

Mae your mind up!!

Really, interesting thought!

Norwich - Delia smith and Michael Wynne Jones 

Brighton - Anthony grant bloom, major share holder 

Brentford - Matthew benham 

Get your facts right before trying to be little someone, don't believe any club in Orem or champ is fan ran

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Get your facts right before trying to be little someone, don't believe any club in Orem or champ is fan ran

Are they not all ‘fans’ ie like Lansdown, rather than some random owner with no association to the club 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

I wonder if he will do it again on away days. Seem to remember him doing it at Forest a few seasons ago. 

He did it at Wolves a few years ago, very open and interesting it was too.

I remember thinking fair play to him coming into a back street Spoons in the not very glamorous surroundings of Wolverhampton. I’m not sure I’d have done that if I was worth what he is. 

5 hours ago, frenchred said:

Erm, I'm not trying to "be little" you.

I actually agree with your original point that although we could do worse than Stephen Lansdown as an owner, we could do better as well.

You seem to have missed my point though, which is that the owners of the clubs you've listed were wealthy fans of those clubs, before they took them over.  I wasn't suggesting that those clubs were run by the collective fanbase. 

I was differentiating them from Burnley, which is owned by an investment group from America who probably couldn't even find Burnley on a map.  They are out to make money from a lower PL club based in a declining Lancashire town, where a high percentage of the population are Asians with little interest in football.  It'll end in tears for the investors or for Burnley fans - or both.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think you’ve just made me choose my Q.

”when Gary Weaver broadcast on Sky that the Bristol City CEO had told him that owner wouldn’t sell Diedhiou because we’d see our value on the pitch - did you actually say that, and do you think you did get value”

There were countless things to criticise MA for but I wouldn't include that one.  I think it was just a negotiating stance whether it originated from Steve L or MA.  The other option would have been to say "please come and buy Diedhiou as we are desperate to get something for him as his contract expires shortly."

In fairness, despite some scatter gun over-priced buys, Ashton usually did well with the sums achieved for the sales achieved (Webster, Reid, Flint, Kelly and I'd include Tomlin as well).