IGNORED

Fed up with a lack of respect...

PFree

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Can we forget what previous managers did or didn’t do? Irrelevant - certainly in this instance.

The point is that it’s surely not asking too much of a manager to acknowledge those who’ve travelled a long way to support the team. He never does it. Even place like Middlesbrough where it’s a hell of a long way and the away end isn’t full of morons. 

perhaps he is shy dave 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

has not created a level playing field as similar sanctions have done in Rugby, for example.

It was never designed to create a level playing field, it was designed to reduce the chances of a club going bust.

Rugby finances are entirely different to those in football.  You also have relatively few top nations and therefore relatively few top leagues, there is relatively low movement between the divisions of each league, and several national teams will only pick from players playing in their national or supra-national league.  The relatively 'closed shop' enables owners to regulate their salary exposures accordingly. It's the same in most US sports where Promotion and relegation are generally unheard of.

However the cap does not cover costs outside actual players (which FFP seeks to regulate) and also carves out exemptions for significant costs.

Oh and the latest Rugby Salary Cap regulations cover 70 odd pages of text.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, italian dave said:

Can we forget what previous managers did or didn’t do? Irrelevant - certainly in this instance.

The point is that it’s surely not asking too much of a manager to acknowledge those who’ve travelled a long way to support the team. He never does it. Even place like Middlesbrough where it’s a hell of a long way and the away end isn’t full of morons. 

Anyone who ever went to Middlesbrough ever to watch Bristol City, is a moron. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Hxj said:

It was never designed to create a level playing field, it was designed to reduce the chances of a club going bust.

Rugby finances are entirely different to those in football.  You also have relatively few top nations and therefore relatively few top leagues, there is relatively low movement between the divisions of each league, and several national teams will only pick from players playing in their national or supra-national league.  The relatively 'closed shop' enables owners to regulate their salary exposures accordingly. It's the same in most US sports where Promotion and relegation are generally unheard of.

However the cap does not cover costs outside actual players (which FFP seeks to regulate) and also carves out exemptions for significant costs.

So you believe that all clubs are fully adhering to FFP and there is no "manipulation" of the rules?

If FFP is indeed fair and correct then how will Newcastle justify the vast sums that they will inevitably be spending over the next few years?

I quoted Rugby as an example because i feel the salary cap works better than FFP as wages are the biggest expenditure that clubs have and the cap regulates that, however i doubt we will ever see it introduced in Football.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I never saw Lee, bloody wonderful, Johnson do anything other than disappear down the tunnel when we lost a league match! When we won he would be leading the players.

Pearson has a terribly difficult job to sort out the mess we are in. He doesn't need to a visit to the away end for a foul mouthed slagging by those foul mouthed, flares in corridors morons.

@MelksRed

I didn't like LJ....he did come over when they at least won....its not too much to ask is it? Come over and show your appreciation for support....the players did it....seemingly the manager doesn't have to.....

As a nearly 44 year old man I can completely understand your point of view about the possible slagging.....but not all fans are engaging in this nastiness.  For a small minority the majority suffer.....seemingly the way of the world now. 

@cideredabroad 

More worrying was why there were not enough seats for the amount of tickets sold.....the Hawthorns ws a death trap yesterday.....won't be going there again.

8 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Fair and balanced post.

The thing that really gets on my nerves is the knee- jerk reaction when we lose playing not that great is the NP out posters. Apart from the fact that he has inherited a sxxt show and our FFP constraints, the question that I ask but have yet to have an answer to is ‘ and replace him with who exactly?’.

NP is a highly experienced football manager and it looks to me, but I am not ITK, that the owner has given him TOTAL control of the football side of the club.

I think in time he will get us where we want to be but, it will take time.........AND patience - a quality sadly lacking with some on here.

Good stuff. It’s a lot worse than I thought the problems we have . Top to bottom needs sorting out . Hope he brings in a couple in January.  Football fans in general not too patient not just ours!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hxj said:

It was also designed to keep the status quo. FFP suits the ‘bigger’  clubs just fine. Look at the reaction from the EPL clubs last week regarding clubs being sponsored by associated companies to their owners. All voted in favor except Newcastle . And Man City who abstained. 

Edited by ScottishRed