IGNORED

Gregor going

Henry

41 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I thought he was ok, difficult to be a proper sports journalist when you are working for a click bait rag, and a good guy, he’s always a good guest on OSIB..

Yep. Gregor could be Pulitzer Prize-winning standard (I know he isn't, before anyone starts) and he'd still be hamstrung by the model that his bosses insist on following.

Good luck to him.

• Like 2

Good Luck to Gregor.......despite all the misguided biased criticism on here by Keyboard warriors, who'd have trouble constructing a sentence, let alone a paragraph.......I believe he's a good journalist, who at least had the cojones to ask some relevant &  awkward questions IMHO.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I like Gregor.  A really good fans journo, always engaging with the fans.

The model is not conducive of old-Skool journalism as we grew up up.

Personally him and James Piercy have been really supportive of the work I put out on Twitter and the stuff I’ve done for Bristol Post. ??????

2 minutes ago, TomF said:

Wonder if he’s been pushed because of his relationship with Pearson.    Best of luck in his new ventures anyway 

Suspect it’s in part due to new family (birth of son Reuben) and being able to work freelance / flexibly.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, TomF said:

Wonder if he’s been pushed because of his relationship with Pearson.    Best of luck in his new ventures anyway 

I'd be surprised. Plenty of journalists have poor relations with managers. As Fevs said, his new arrival probably plays a big part.

Hopefully whoever follows is as keen to embrace the social media age as GMG, remember some of the Twitter rants at fans we used to see regularly from Stocky?

Edited by RonWalker
  • Like 3

I’m glad to see him move on, personally. Not a fan of his slap-dash writing style and his interview technique is abysmal. The difference in the quality of content Piercy produced when Gregor was on paternity leave was chalk and cheese. Good luck to him going forward, he will need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

A real shame he’s going. Thought he’s done a really impressive job since his arrival. Credible, insightful and worth reading, plus good fun to listen to when he appears on the various podcasts. 
Think he’s going to be a hard act to follow. 
Good luck Gregor and thank you. 

Edited by Lord Northski

I don’t have any experience of journalism, so when people constantly moan about our local correspondents, what exactly are you moaning about? What would a good correspondent be doing?

I genuinely don’t know. Aren’t they reporters rather than investigative journalists?

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

I think Gregor has been great. You need a journo to be unafraid of asking difficult questions. Whatever you think of GMcG he was never afraid.

Good luck to him. 

Agree. I like Gregor . If you here him on sound of the city with Geoff he likes to have a laugh as well. 100x better than stockhausen was 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good luck to him, but to be fair the stuff he wrote/writes was never that great. Piercy seems to write more interesting pieces. 

Nothing against the guy, don't know him from Adam, but the digs at Pearson when he wasn't getting answers to the questions he was asking (to be fair it was stuff that is never going to be admitted in the public domain) was unprofessional. To then ask the same question worded slightly differently hoping to catch him out, was just embarrassing.

Has a lot to learn still, but hope he makes a success of whatever he does. Certainly seems a likeable chap.

• Like 1