IGNORED

Birmingham City away match day thread

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Is your argument we'd score more if we tried more shots from 30yrs+ during the game, hoping for a deflection like Birmingham got?

There's a reason teams don't do that. Birmingham getting one lucky deflection doesn't change a thing.

The point I'm making is we rarely shoot outside of the box, full stop. 

Whether that's 18 yards or 30 yards, we don't attempt it anywhere near enough. 

You don't win games without scoring goals, and averaging 1/2 shots on target a game is simply not enough. 

If the chance is on, take the shot. You present yourself with the opportunity to score, gain a corner or you lose possession. 

We seem very one dimensional in the sense that we are always looking to play into the box. 

Games like tonight, where we are losing 1-0, requires more fluidity in the attacking third to give ourselves the best chance of getting back into the game. 

45 minutes played and no shots on target should tell you all you need to know. 

3 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Didn’t press for their goal, gave it away a dozen times. Not the worst out there but far from great in my opinion.

Now you are just making up shit to try and justify your stance in TB, the ball was played over the top of him for the goal and AV did not pick up the runner next to him. Even then it was lucky with a massive deflection. As for giving the ball away, I cant think of any other than through balls in the final third trying to play players in.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Now you are just making up shit to try and justify your stance in TB, the ball was played over the top of him for the goal and AV did not pick up the runner next to him. Even then it was lucky with a massive deflection. As for giving the ball away, I cant think of any other than through balls in the final third trying to play players in.

His pass success rate in that half is under 70% so he’s clearly given the ball away 

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Matty James has really gone backwards since his good early season games. Can't see what he contributed in that half or on saturday. Doesn't tackle, doesn't run with the ball and doesn't pass forward. 

Another player to the list that has no mobility whatsoever. I think our lack of pace and energy is our main problem, that and the fact we can’t seem to control the football.

8 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I could not disagree less. They’ve missed 3 relative sitters, we are awful.

Hardly sitters and they been as bad in front of goal as we have, we are let down by our final ball everytime... Bentley not having the greatest game and flapping at the ball far to much, wish he would just catch the f##king ball...

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

It feels like we concede a lot of those deflected goals. Bentley moving too early? Midfield not getting close? Defenders turning their back? 

Just a totally stupid goal to concede, I don't see us scoring those type of goals like ever 

Bentley had the shot covered comfortably.  Can’t understand why Jaoas got involved - the shot didn’t look very threatening.

Impressed by Bakinson, but if Wells and Weimann are being forced to go wide then who does that leave us in the middle?

2 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

At the end of the half he gave it away twice in 5 seconds. I don’t care enough to get content but he has.

I really don't care about 60% possession, 2016/17 season squad taught us having low possession and counter attacking football can work very well. 

People are just picking the stats that fit their agenda. 

I doubt Birm care about us having 60% either, not like we're tearing them up with it or anything. 

Edited by Sturny
4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Matty James has really gone backwards since his good early season games. Can't see what he contributed in that half or on saturday. Doesn't tackle, doesn't run with the ball and doesn't pass forward. 

Bristol City, where good players come to become shit players

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We have history for dragging half decent players down to our level !!!